Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Emre Can out for rest of season apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't watch RTE last night so I missed this.
    When quizzed by RTÉ analyst Tony O’Donoghue in the aftermath of the victory, Jurgen Klopp spoke very positively about the player and was struck by the absolute confidence of the 19-year-old who has never played a minute of senior football.
    Klopp said ‘Conor is a good boy. Very confident, I’m not sure if that’s typical of Ireland, but when I told him this morning that he will be in the squad, he said ‘I’m ready man’, so that’s cool.’

https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/981658033531928577

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Supposedly salah is going to be OK for Tuesday as per the injury thread in the fantasy football forum. We really need him because if he is out either moreno, ings or solanke will be starting in the front 3 with can now out .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It would be great to see Masterson start on Saturday. Could very well happen.
    90 mins for Ings surely, I could see him scoring. A great opportunity for fringe players.
    It's all about Tuesday, but it's still the derby and a win from the B team would keep the confidence going along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If salah is fit. The team Tuesday is
    Karius
    Taa lovren vvd Robertson
    Milner wij ox
    Salah firmino mane
    All we have for the bench is ings/solanke/ moreno its a serious injury crisis now. If salah doesn't make it we are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That Can news is borderline disastrous if true.

Can we recall Gruijic? Perhaps might see TAA play in midfield when Gomez and Clyne are back, although unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cant see any news of Can being out for the rest of the season anywhere, anyone got (credible) links?

This would get you fired up for anything:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Grueller

Never cared as little about a derby as this one. Its all about the Etihad.

James Pearce saying this morning that Salah should be fit for Tuesday and Can is still a doubt.

Not mention of him missing the rest of the season and the World Cup as the Mirror reported last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

So we have 3 fit central midfielders for tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Only have Gini,Milner & Ox for Tuesday.

Need one to be rested tomorow.

Could play Trent in midfield but he needs rest too.

Give one of the youths a game v Everton

Give one of the youths a game v Everton

Whos the best Midfielder in the U23's?

Grujic ( oops). Herbie Kane possibly

Vicxas wrote: »

"Salah felt some discomfort in his groin but medical staff believe it's only minor and he could be back for Tuesday's crunch clash at the Etihad"

The Salah featuring sounds very iffy IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Herbie Kane & Jones to make the squad tomorrow?

Augeo wrote: »
    "Salah felt some discomfort in his groin but medical staff believe it's only minor and he could be back for Tuesday's crunch clash at the Etihad"

The Salah featuring sounds very iffy IMO.

Could be a second half sub perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

let Mo in for 10 minutes, he'll score and job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can has an ongoing back injury....who was the last player for Liverpool to have those problems :o
    Hopefully he plays a bit of the run in with a few players out the squad is suddenly very light on numbers. If Salah misses out Tuesday we have Ox, Milner & Wijnaldum as our midfield 3 so have no choice but to make changes to the teams shape. Klopp would have to play Moreno, Ings or Solanke >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Definitely worried about midfield for Tuesday's return leg. That yellow for Hendo could be very costly.

Normally not one to call for resting players but common sense has to prevail for tomorrow's game.

Doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow in the long run as top 4 is safe, despite what many say here and Tuesday has to be the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely wed have to go with the below next Tuesday
             Milner
    Ox                gini
    Mane               Moreno
                 Bobby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

****ing Bad News Pearce.

Ox--Milner--Wiji it is then

Could be a long week for our Midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could be a long week for our Midfield.

Only Henderson will play hopefully. Everton game is pretty meaningless right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

murpho999 wrote: »
    Definitely worried about midfield for Tuesday's return leg. That yellow for Hendo could be very costly.

Normally not one to call for resting players but common sense has to prevail for tomorrow's game.

Doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow in the long run as top 4 is safe, despite what many say here and Tuesday has to be the priority.
    Only Henderson will play hopefully. Everton game is pretty meaningless right now.

Meaningless or otherwise I would prefer not to loose to Allerdyce in charge of Everton, his smugness would be unbearable

Happy to do a backs to the wall defending job, ugly as fcuk, and come out with a draw playing as many reserves and kids as necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lads I have 2 tickets for Man City v Liverpool 2nd leg on Tuesday but a series of unfortunate events mean I cannot attend .

I'd hate for them to go to waste. If anyone is interested PM me. Face value only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

With injuries and suspensions ruling out Can, Lallana and Hendo that means our midfield is quite bare for the 2nd leg. It'll be Milner, Ox, and Wijnaldum - and if anything happens to them then I have no idea who'll come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Meaningless or otherwise I would prefer not to loose to Allerdyce in charge of Everton, his smugness would be unbearable

Happy to do a backs to the wall defending job, ugly as fcuk, and come out with a draw playing as many reserves and kids as necessary

Who cares about Allardyce? Dead Man Walking at Everton.

A second string could get a result against them. Everton are poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just as we're hitting crunch time they're dropping like flies like a game of football manager.

Just as we're hitting crunch time they're dropping like flies like a game of football manager.

Couldnt come at a worse time.

But a win/draw at Everton would set us up really nicely.

Our midfield is so so bare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Surely wed have to go with the below next Tuesday
    Milner
    Ox gini
    Mane Moreno
    Bobby

I'd imagine you are right as there are few alternatives but I'd be worried about Milner as our base in midfield. Its not what he suited to, he is better at the hassling and harrying further up the field. I don't think he has the positional sense or discipline to play that role that will be absolutely vital next week.

As for Moreno, it just seems like a disaster waiting to happen but hopefully Salah will be fine

Play Clyne at the weekend. Give TAA the 2nd half at DM, with Henderson pushed up a little.

That gives us an option to put him there on Tuesday if things are going south, depending on how he fairs.

I can't really think of any other way around it.

Any decent young fellas in CM who can be called upon realistically speaking to make the step up in the next few days? Haven't a clue about the youth set ups.

Woodburn being injured is an almighty pain. Otherwise you could go with Hendo, Gini for 45, and Woodburn.

Any other decent options like Grujic and Ejaria are on loan. Curtis Jones might get some minutes.

Can we give Gerrard a run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Umaro wrote: »
    With injuries and suspensions ruling out Can, Lallana and Hendo that means our midfield is quite bare for the 2nd leg. It'll be Milner, Ox, and Wijnaldum - and if anything happens to them then I have no idea who'll come in.

Youd swear that that is a sh1t midfield. There is loads of energy there. We just need to wrap them in cotton wool until Tuesday. Loads of energy in that midfield. Wjini for Hendo is the only change from the first leg. Milner was immense on Wednesday and Ox driving forward really linked our midfield and forward line. Wjini hasnt been great lately but he has the ability to get forward also. I wouldnt be worried if they started for us at all.

But Hendo and a few young lads are what is needed tomorrow. Couldnt give a toss about Sam. Let him be smug, we want to go to the CL semi final.

• Advertisement

We could go with a 4 2 3 1.

Karius

TAA
    Lovren
    VVD
    Robertson

Milner
    Wijnaldum

Salah
    Ox
    Mane

Fun Bobby

Any decent young fellas in CM who can be called upon realistically speaking to make the step up in the next few days? Haven't a clue about the youth set ups.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/academy-stars-liverpool-could-turn-14498682

This might be a decent read for you

Has there been any fitness update on Klavan?

Has there been any fitness update on Klavan?

Something to do with his back, no expected date back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Karius_____

Trent_VVD_Lovern_Robertson
    _________Milner_____________
    ___Ox_________Wijnaldum_____
    ________Firmino____________

Salah______________Mane__

Not as if we are weak. Firmino has played midfield, of course we will line up as a 4-3-3, but he'll be dropping back in there no question for huge amounts of the game. Can see us concede 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 but at some point getting one on the break to win tie.

_

Nice to see one or two potential holders there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I can recall him, used to play for us, moved to Cardiff. Serbian guy, 6' 2''

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Cardiff have won 9 and drawn 1 in the 10 games hes played, primarily in a holding role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looks like Ings will get the nod tomorrow from Klopp’s press conference.

Hopefully he puts in a good showing, we haven’t really had someone to swap in for Firmino since Origi left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement