Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I can recall him, used to play for us, moved to Cardiff. Serbian guy, 6' 2''

2yofSgv.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

For me,this is the most meaningless derby in my lifetime,all things considered, I know the potential pitfalls of loosing n stuff, regarding Chelsea catching us for top 4 ..

But it's all about Tuesday isn't it,to not go through now would be so demoralizing I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dirk Kuyt has come out of retirement until the end of the season to help his old team, amateur outfit Quick Boys.

Think we could get him to play for us tomorrow instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Knex. wrote: »
    Dirk Kuyt has come out of retirement until the end of the season to help his old team, amateur outfit Quick Boys.

Think we could get him to play for us tomorrow instead?

He liked scoring against Manchester anyway.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Mr.H wrote: »
    Youd swear that that is a sh1t midfield. There is loads of energy there. We just need to wrap them in cotton wool until Tuesday. Loads of energy in that midfield. Wjini for Hendo is the only change from the first leg. Milner was immense on Wednesday and Ox driving forward really linked our midfield and forward line. Wjini hasnt been great lately but he has the ability to get forward also. I wouldnt be worried if they started for us at all.

But Hendo and a few young lads are what is needed tomorrow. Couldnt give a toss about Sam. Let him be smug, we want to go to the CL semi final.

I wasn't giving out about that midfield, just worried that we're looking a bit thin if we have to turn to the bench on Tuesday night. I agree, those 3 players should be rested this weekend.

Hope whatever we put out tomorrow can beat Everton, but I'm already in a knot of anxiety looking forward to the 2nd leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looks like Ings will get the nod tomorrow from Klopp’s press conference.

Hopefully he puts in a good showing, we haven’t really had someone to swap in for Firmino since Origi left.

Hope he proves me wrong tomorrow but he's the first player I'd look to replace in the summer. Poor guy had a terrible run of injuries but he's been no use to us really. I wasn't his biggest fan when he signed but could recognise the potential to improve.......now though I'd be surprised if he can get back to a decent level. Maybe I'm too harsh but I dont see a future for him at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hope he proves me wrong tomorrow but he's the first player I'd look to replace in the summer. Poor guy had a terrible run of injuries but he's been no use to us really. I wasn't his biggest fan when he signed but could recognise the potential to improve.......now though I'd be surprised if he can get back to a decent level. Maybe I'm too harsh but I dont see a future for him at LFC.

It’s a tough one.

Our front 3 are really good so we’re not going to get a replacement even close to their level who will be happy to sit on the bench most of the time and maybe get 15-20 minutes most weeks, and the odd league start. If we can get someone in during the summer who is and is better than the current options then obviously he should be upgraded on.

Of the options we have now I think Origi has shown (in patches) that he could be a good back up player but think he’ll drop down to somewhere where he’s playing every week.

Sturridge is finished at the club, and maybe football in general. His laziness won’t cut it with Klopp and he has been sh!t for a few years at this stage.

Ings has been injured for so long that he’s kind of an unknown quantity. Like you I wasn’t a big fan of his signing but he has that tenacity that Klopp likes and I’d be hopeful that Klopp could improve him like he’s done with several other players in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For me,this is the most meaningless derby in my lifetime,all things considered, I know the potential pitfalls of loosing n stuff, regarding Chelsea catching us for top 4 ..

But it's all about Tuesday isn't it,to not go through now would be so demoralizing I feel.

Would still like to get a point at least tomorrow anyway. Would mean that if Chelsea win the gap will still be 8 points. Chelsea would still have to make up 3 wins on us given our much better goal difference. They do have a game in hand though so if they win that and even beat us in the second last game of the season, they still have to make up another 3 points from somewhere.

Lads I have 2 tickets for Man City v Liverpool 2nd leg on Tuesday but a series of unfortunate events mean I cannot attend .

I'd hate for them to go to waste. If anyone is interested PM me. Face value only.

Gafferino was looking for a few recently iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was probably ings biggest supporter when he was signed as I'd also have a keen interest in Burnley. He was the ideal signing at the time as a bench option, fill in for easier games in the league and play some cup games. Very unfortunate with the injuries and its impossible to say if he is now the type of player he was before the injury. He was a much better player before the injury then people were giving him credit for. Trippier before he went to spurs was another signing I was hoping for . He was available for 4 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Would still like to get a point at least tomorrow anyway. Would mean that if Chelsea win the gap will still be 8 points. Chelsea would still have to make up 3 wins on us given our much better goal difference. They do have a game in hand though so if they win that and even beat us in the second last game of the season, they still have to make up another 3 points from somewhere.

Ye a draw would be great it means we could lose to Chelsea and still afford another draw in our 4 remaining games bournemouth,Brighton,stoke all at home and wba away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Can some kind soul send me or pm me the place I should be looking to watch pool games? I know someone mentioned it a while back but I can't find it... Not familiar with reddit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Can some kind soul send me or pm me the place I should be looking to watch pool games? I know someone mentioned it a while back but I can't find it...

Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No grujic for Cardiff, not even on the bench.

I'll still watch it though, now that it's on.

Anfield.

Cheers. Knew it began with an A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Charlie19 wrote: »

Seems an odd one alright.

Connor Coady is by all accounts having a great season at centre half for wolves, I wonder how he will (assumably) fare in the Premier league.

klose wrote: »
    Seems an odd one alright.

Connor Coady is by all accounts having a great season at centre half for wolves, I wonder how he will (assumably) fare in the Premier league.

Maybe a recall;)

Pepp1989 wrote:
    Can some kind soul send me or pm me the place I should be looking to watch pool games? I know someone mentioned it a while back but I can't find it... Not familiar with reddit either.

Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Gafferino was looking for a few recently iirc

I PM’d earlier ..... possibly he’s just trolling :)

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    I PM’d earlier ..... possibly he’s just trolling :)

Nah, I doubt Lord Trollington would post something and not follow through on it.

Neverforgetthegpo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can he be recalled?

Seen this elsewhere

Ahead of tomorrows game....

HISTORY OF EVERTON FC

1878 Formed
    1892 Never paid the rent
    1928 Dixie Deans offside goals
    1966 Held a World Cup match
    1986 Steaua Bucharest
    1995 FA Cup
    2005 1st half in Istanbul
    2005 Champions League qualifiers
    2014 Gerrard Slip
    2018 Ya gonna get knocked out by Man City in the 1st leg

30411659_1865669850121208_3805506449216372736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=65d7cf70616f52e1715f57dd8d3661df&oe=5B6A950F

Can he be recalled?

I wouldn't think so, it was mentioned earlier by the club journalist, James Pearce I think.. that he wouldn't be recalled. Then Toby said he could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Toby or James Pearce, who to believe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oh those Man City fans can now come down off their high horses about attacking buses :D:pac::eek:

https://www.facebook.com/Worldcupbanterpage/videos/1865519996802860/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Toby said he "recalled" who Grujic was not that he will be recalled.

Oh those Man City fans can now come down off their high horses about attacking buses :D:pac::eek:

lol.

Clowns at every club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A few big names missing from the U23s squad - looks like Grabara, Camacho, Masterson and Jones could be on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Probably Liverpool fans dressed up as City fans there.

Two penalties missed in two minutes at the end😀 Coady can find himself lucky to get away with his push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

A few big names missing from the U23s squad - looks like Grabara, Camacho, Masterson and Jones could be on the bench.

Woodburn??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Two penalties missed in two minutes at the end😀 Coady can find himself lucky to get away with his push.

Neil warnock telling the wolves manager to **** off on TV aswell, championship throws up some mad stuff at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We desperately need better back up players for the front three positions. Hard to see us scoring if Salah, Firmino and Mane are rested.

Solanke
    Games: 21
    Goals: 0

Ings:
    Games: 19
    Goals: 3

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Woodburn??

Meant to be injured

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    We desperately need better back up players for the front three positions. Hard to see us scoring if Salah, Firmino and Mane are rested.

Solanke

Ings:

How many minutes did they actually play?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How many minutes did they actually play?

Solanke 527 minutes this season for Liverpool.

Ings total since joining Liverpool 705 minutes.

Solanke 527 minutes this season for Liverpool.

Ings total since joining Liverpool 705 minutes.

So Solanke has played less than 6 games and Ings less than 8?

That’s nearly the much lauded 1 in 2 for Ings imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Willing to give both in particular Ings, the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't a fair crack at it with injuries and to be fair to him has looked decent enough when called upon in the last few months, gets himself in good positions.
    I personally think he's a useful bench option, think he should be trusted more in some league games to give Bobby a rest. But then again Klopp sees him everyday so must not be too impressed. I'll be surprised if he's around next season, Klopp has had chances to start and play him more and hasn't e.g. Porto at home was the perfect game for him to get a start under him, but I think he only ended up with with around 15 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It'd be hard to find backups to our front 3 but Ings & Solanke is too steep of a drop in quality compared to our starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tusky wrote: »

Solanke

Ings:

These are rubbish stats to judge them on as we all know how much they have both been used as subs.

Tomorrow is against Everton not Barcelona. Let them have their chance.

Danny Ings is a fine player who has been unlucky.

We have to prioritise Tuesday. It's much more important than tomorrow which we can actually afford to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TheCitizen wrote: »
    The hubris from this poster 'not yet' is something to behold.

The tie is 'not yet' over and even if Liverpool get through there's at least 3 other teams that are better than Liverpool left in the competition. So Liverpool won't be winning the CL this season either.
    City are better than us. Meant fcuk all when we scoring the goals against them though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

City are better than us. Meant fcuk all when we scoring the goals against them though.

Also, I like the 'at least 3 other teams better than us' bit. How could there be more than 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So Solanke has played less than 6 games and Ings less than 8?

And most of those minutes have been a few here and a few there.
    I flagged a number of weeks ago that I found it strange in some of the games (Watford was one, there were others too) where we were way ahead, and left it late to make a substitution. These were opportunities to get say 35 minutes or something into ings or solanke when the team were going well, instead of on for the last 5 or 6 minutes when the rest of the team are winding down. We were always going to need these guys before the season was out.
    Not a criticism as such of klopp, but the planning could have been better.

As hoped.
    Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Ings, Solanke.
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/982565922421473280

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Back 3?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Back 3?

Klavan at left back in a 4 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sensible team from Klopp and still strong at the back.

No need to fear Everton.

Would love to see some goals from Ings and Solanke, would be a great boost for them.

As expected.

No injuries, no players deciding to throw themselves into the fans, and no false accusations and it’ll be good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement