Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Knex. wrote: »
    I think it would be very harsh to replace Karius this summer, considering the run he has had. He deserves to be number 1 now.

I say that as somebody who thought he was unsaveable as a prospect too.

Mignolet's the one who should be replaced, but i'd still like us to go for Allison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Knex. wrote: »
    I think it would be very harsh to replace Karius this summer, considering the run he has had. He deserves to be number 1 now.

I say that as somebody who thought he was unsaveable as a prospect too.

Ya, he was definitely in the last chance saloon. If he had made a few clangers in this current run he would be gone in the summer. But fair play to him he has been solid.

Remember how crappy De Gea was at first? Might be getting ahead of myself comparing him to De Gea but it is in Karius hands now. Keep going the way he is going and who knows.

Like yourself I never thought I'd be saying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Someone's getting injured if the ref doesn't take the cards out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

murpho999 wrote: »
    He hasn't had enough of a run in the side to make that call.

Everything he's been through creates a vast amount of goodwill towards him, we all want him to do well. At some point we need to remember he played in Conference,Championship and one season in Premier League and was a 1 in 3.3 game guy at those lower levels.

Gbear wrote: »
    Surely nobody deserves to watch Everton every week.

Everton fans definitely do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why are refs afraid to book Rooney. Clear yellow there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't know that, look at how he's got his confidence back now after a torrid time.

That shows mental strength.

He'll be destroyed by fans and the media is what I meant, personally I'll cut any player a lot of slack if they can perform as well as he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do Everton show tweets on the screen to give their fans a break from the game?

Everton reverting to type here with these challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

I just cannot believe Rooney didn't get a yellow there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

NukaCola wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Karius in Germany? Is he better than current form or is this it? Really happy with him at the moment as he looks very good in comparison to the shell of the keeper he was.....still would like an upgrade on him but maybe not the priority it once was.....

I seen him playing for Mainz a few times. He will get better. I said it from the first mistakes....he is a player who needs to play. Give him the rest of this season and we will see the real Karius next year.

I know Klopp got him ahead of 3 top Bundesliga teams and all say he is good enough to play at the top. However you should not forget.......a keeper is only as good as the players infront of him and Klopp has never had world class keepers....he is a solid keeper as was Weidenfelder at Dortmund. Does the bread and butter and lets the team do the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Karius is looking like the bargain of the season. Half the cost of Robertson

Will he ever book somebody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Serious lack of physicality from the front 2

Karius is looking like the bargain of the season. Half the cost of Robertson

Probably Milner...didn’t cost anything.

Wasn't Karius voted into the Bundesliga team of the year or something the year we bought him?

Someone mentioned similarities to the way De Gea started at Man U. I've seen nothing of Karius before coming to Liverpool, but i'd seen a lot of Dea Gea at Atletico Madrid and you could see his quality. I always felt he'd be a success there, even when he was struggling.

So maybe Karius could be similar, without saying he'll be as good as De Gea or anything. But who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Will he ever book somebody?

I think there's a timer on his card book

Jesus, that looked nasty for Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

i have come across better atmospheres at a wake

Poor challenge there unpunished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Everton after laying down last week out to injur this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Rooney just looks old and sad.

I'd take another 45 mins of this tbh. Totally uneventful is fine.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Poor challenge there unpunished

I only noticed it on the replay but a nasty stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rooney looks so poor out there. His pace is gone, getting turned so easy and constantly losing the ball.

We try and play it into the box when they've got 11 men back and shoot from outside when it's 3 on 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Gini looks sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pretty much the first half i expected

Glimpses of a good Wijnaldum here, need him running with the ball like this more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

i have come across better atmospheres at a wake

Good sign for the away team.

Home fans realise they can't beat Liverpool's second string.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Sam must be happy, good defensive display, kick a few people, get the crowd against you, typical day for him at Goodison

Anyone doing a sweep for a frustrated Rooney nasty tackle, I have 67 Minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton have been dire to be honest. I'd say if we had our full team out this game would be over by now.

No injury time played says it all about that first half.

Sam must be happy, good defensive display, kick a few people, get the crowd against you, typical day for him at Goodison

Anyone doing a sweep for a frustrated Rooney nasty tackle, I have 67 Minutes

You missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Very dull half, but I think we've been the better team. This game only has 1 goal in it I think, it'll come down to a moment of magic or a mistake.

I think the ref should've given out at least 1 yellow card though, it'd take a bit of the nastiness out of some of the tackles and professional fouls that we're seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The 'not giving a sh*t' from both teams is palpable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

niallo27 wrote:
    Rooney looks so poor out there. His pace is gone, getting turned so easy and constantly losing the ball.

Better than last week was for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You missed it.

No I seen that one, that was the entree, or whatever you call it, the nasty one is still to come, ref lets him off because its Rooney and Sky and BBC say its just passion ;)

Dull is fine.....we've been comfortable enough not having to deal with much. Fairly average going forward though, Solanke and Ings not showing why they should be playing more, still difficult enough for them all the same.

Everton are truly, truly, awful.

Nah don't you know that the rules change if the teams are rivals, also the rules change if it's wet out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wijnaldum very good at #6 in the 1st half.

Ings very poor Solanke only slightly better. Clyne been good on his comeback.

I'd like to see Gini release the ball quicker, other than that he's been quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'll gladly take another half of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

monkey9 wrote: »
    Wasn't Karius voted into the Bundesliga team of the year or something the year we bought him?

Someone mentioned similarities to the way De Gea started at Man U. I've seen nothing of Karius before coming to Liverpool, but i'd seen a lot of Dea Gea at Atletico Madrid and you could see his quality. I always felt he'd be a success there, even when he was struggling.

So maybe Karius could be similar, without saying he'll be as good as De Gea or anything. But who knows.

Karius is a confidence player. I know from Klopps time in Dortmund that a lot of players said it was a culture shock coming into the setup. Fitness, nutrition.....sports science are much more important for Klopp than many other trainers.

As a result many players......Lewandowski or Auba for example needed nearly a full season to adapt. Remember reading Klopp was sending the players on holiday with a training programm and a GPS system to send the team the stats on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'll be more than happy for an similarly uneventful 45min second half. I'd be very concerned about an injury, the ref doesn't seem to have penalized any poor Everton challenges.

Great to see Clyne back. It's like he's never been away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You missed it.

He can do better

klose wrote: »
    I'll gladly take another half of that.

With Bobby brought on in the 89th minute for an injury time no look winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings is being asked to play rw which isn't ideal for him.

Wouldn't mind a switch to 442 with Ings and Solanke up top and Mane and Milner out wide.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement