Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never cared less.

No injuries. No stupidity.

Job done.

I’d have even taken a defeat here if it meant getting past City on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ricero wrote: »
    What was it ?

Did he feel he was still "on trial" at Liverpool, he just politely replied he was here nearly 2 years...

For a Merseyside derby it was just so meh. If Everton were relegated, I'd doubt many would miss them.

Allardyce’s Everton anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did he feel he was still "on trial" at Liverpool, he just politely replied he was here nearly 2 years...

They are some arseholes are sky

Karius seems a clever bloke. Always comes across well in interviews, is well spoken especially in a foreign language and doesn’t take any nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

That's the most respectful derby performance I've seen from Everton - their fans must be fuming at the approach Allardyce took to the game.

Apart from Lovren being back to his old self, I don't think you can fault the performance of the Liverpool players. Clyne looks fit and could be an option for the second half against Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They're all graduates of the 'Geoff Shreeves School of Interviewing'.

Ridiculous question to ask a player who has done very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Lovren had a couple of moments, one in particular near the touchline, where if we were playing against a proper decent team we could have been punished severely.

Complete brainfart that shows he can never be fully trusted at any stage of any game.

I hope big Sam stays at Everton for another 10 years

murpho999 wrote: »
    They're all graduates of the 'Geoff Shreeves School of Interviewing'.

Ridiculous question to ask a player who has done very well.

Shreeves must know someone pretty high up to have landed that job.

Ann and Barry style interviews

• Advertisement

Bournemouth, stoke and Brighton at home to come.

Those games should see top 4 secured - would be surprised to not see 9pts going on home form

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Lovren had a couple of moments, one in particular near the touchline, where if we were playing against a proper decent team we could have been punished severely.

Complete brainfart that shows he can never be fully trusted at any stage of any game.
    Lovren has to be managed well, Klopp had him focused for the Man City game on Wednesday. He obviously didn't get the same mental preparation for today's game, on his day he's a good defender but the lapses will always be a risk.

Talisman wrote: »
    Lovren has to be managed well, Klopp had him focused for the Man City game on Wednesday. He obviously didn't get the same mental preparation for today's game, on his day he's a good defender but the lapses will always be a risk.

Just not good enough. Look at VVD, composed assured rarely misplacing passes. Does the sensible thing.

Lovren has been at the club 4 yrs and you don't know what you're gonna get from him. Upgrade needed badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, David Silva, Leroy Sane, Kyle Walker NOT in the Man City squad today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

To those who were watching rather then listening how was Klavan

We are so short on quality up front , top 3 are lethal then its a joke no pace at all
    We need a center forward and a wide player asap
    Ings and Solanke need a decent run in the team before they can be written off. Neither of them is a wide player or possess the pace of Mane/Salah. Firmino has been playing with the full team, while they have only had cameo appearances in the only position which they are anyway suited to.

If the regular fullbacks had played today it would have proved more insightful. There was nothing for the 'new' forward players to feed off of because there was no creativity behind them and they don't have an understanding with Mane.

If the team had switched to two up front with Milner and Mane taking the wide positions in midfield we probably would have witnessed more positive performances from both Ings and Solanke.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Just not good enough. Look at VVD, composed assured rarely misplacing passes. Does the sensible thing.

Lovren has been at the club 4 yrs and you don't know what you're gonna get from him. Upgrade needed badly
    I'm not disagreeing with you but Klopp will try everything he can to improve Lovren before he replaces him.

Skrtel was signed by Benitez, he was prone to the same lapses - the manager was aware of the issue but signed him anyway. Benitez said that Skrtel was the best defender he worked with while at the club, but on the pitch he needed the players around him to talk to him and keep him focused on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Talisman wrote: »
    Ings and Solanke need a decent run in the team before they can be written off. Neither of them is a wide player or possess the pace of Mane/Salah. Firmino has been playing with the full team, while they have only had cameo appearances in the only position which they are anyway suited to.

If the regular fullbacks had played today it would have proved more insightful. There was nothing for the 'new' forward players to feed off of because there was no creativity behind them and they don't have an understanding with Mane.

If the team had switched to two up front with Milner and Mane taking the wide positions in midfield we probably would have witnessed more positive performances from both Ings and Solanke.

It's harsh but they are never going to get a good run nor should they. A serious drop off in quality between them and the main lads. We need to sign top quality attacking players to compete and rotate with the front 3 without any worries about a quality drop off.

He did okay, Everton never really tested him. For a player that hasn't trained properly for three months he did very well. It was bizarre seeing him in the final third of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Appalling journalism. I'm very happy with Karius. Great goalkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ERG89 wrote: »
    It'd be hard to find backups to our front 3 but Ings & Solanke is too steep of a drop in quality compared to our starters.

Really think Zaha would fit in well as backup and maybe even push for a place. He is not the finished article but you can see a Klopp type of player in him
    Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, David Silva, Leroy Sane, Kyle Walker NOT in the Man City squad today.

Looks like Pep is throwing all his chips on Tuesday. Im not all that surprised but the City fans will be pissed if they dont win the league v Utd today.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Really think Zaha would fit in well as backup and maybe even push for a place. He is not the finished article but you can see a Klopp type of player in him

Looks like Pep is throwing all his chips on Tuesday. Im not all that surprised but the City fans will be pissed if they dont win the league v Utd today.

I think many will be drinking today anyway regardless of the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would be happy to write off Solanke right now. Has the physical attributes but nothing more.

As for Everton, apart from their goalie and Coleman I would say they are a collection of players no one else wants.

Very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Stoke equalizer 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Stoke equalizer 1-1

1-2 now Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

finno wrote: »
    1-2 now Kane

I was watching that, he never actually touched it, it will be awarded to Erickson later I reckon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From what I've read about Zaha, he would not work well with Klopp - He comes from the Mamadou Sakho school of punctuality and joking around.

You were misinformed.
    Man City:
    Ederson
    Danilo
    Kompany
    Otamendi
    Delph
    Gündogan
    Fernandinho
    Silva
    Bernardo Silva
    Sterling
    Sane

Substitutes:
    Bravo
    Walker
    Aguero
    Laporte
    De Bruyne
    Jesus
    Y Toure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Stoke had a four on one there and made a bags of it

• Advertisement

Stoke with a 4 on 1 and they manage to pass the ball straight to the one Spurs defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sounds like Stoke alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He was grand, dodgy clearance out for a GK that could have been an og, but neither Bolasie or Walcott targeted him which was strange. Listening to Redknapp talk his usual ****e beforehand he was saying he could be sent off he was going to be run that ragged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fair play to Rafa Benitez working miracles yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would be hilarious to see them finish above everton after the 200 million summer spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, delighted for him.

• Advertisement

And did ye see that idiot Sammy Lee.

Prat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

City tiring themselves out with utd :)

City showing now what they can do so we have to be careful on Tuesday.

Different opposition of course though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Slightly worrying ahead of Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well, looks like City will be fresh for Tuesday, not breaking a sweat toady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

niallo27 wrote: »

Utd have nothing to fight for so they're not arsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Is Aguero back for Tuesday? Let's hope not. He'd have put away those 2 chances Sterling just ballooned.

Well, looks like City will be fresh for Tuesday, not breaking a sweat toady.

Amazingly even a terrible Everton put up a better showing today.

We'll be defending better than Utd and also more dangerous going forward.

I still can't believe this Utd side are second in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm definitely worried about not conceding on Tuesday, but we just need to score once and then City need 5.

Look City will score on Tuesday. Probably 2. Maybe even 3.

I think we'll score as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I hope we go out and try to score tho - it wouldnt be in the team I dont think to sit back anyway but i think we should do a madrid on it and come out and score 4 before they know where they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sit back and let City play and this is what happens.......it might happen anyway but at least give them a game, United haven't even had a shot.

I don't think we will lose on Tuesday.

We have their number.

I reckon we'll score no bother once salah plays. If he's out then we might struggle to score but I doubt we'll concede 3 with Virgil :)

City team will presumably celebrate to an extent if the win tonight .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement