Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I mean as much as I'd love to see United beaten, this is good for us. Just really 2/3 days to lift their spirits from two harsh losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean as much as I'd love to see United beaten, this is good for us. Just really 2/3 days to lift their spirits from two harsh losses.

It’s great. Will so much doubt in their minds that even if they do go 2-0 up, they’ll immidiately start bricking themselves remembering what happened three days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It will still be a really tough tie.....had City not been sloppy they would have been well clear at half time.....I'm very confident but we still need to be at our very very best....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We know we can get at city and they know it. Their defence just shipped six goals they'll be nervy at the back. Bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

NukaCola wrote: »
    They lost in the CL too didn't they?
    If we score first on Tuesday all there supporters will leave early.

They won't come near recreating an Anfield atmosphere.

They don't get behind their team at all.

Place was very quiet when they were struggling where as there would be an Anfield roar to spur their team on if in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Good result means they have to go to Spurs and try and win instead of being on holidays , Theyd have been chamoions and out of the Champions leauge so seaaon over , Now they have something to play for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sterling alone missed 4 good chances. Just hope he hasn't got them out of his system before Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sterling alone missed 4 good chances. Just hope he hasn't got them out of his system before Tuesday.

I don't think he'll ever get it out of his system. He is a very, very poor finisher. A bit of composure there today and the title was theirs. Remarkable match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That's what happens when a manager continuously says if he changes how he plays how can players think he trusts them. Cut to him changing how he plays while benching his highest scorer available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well I don't think that could have gone any better for Liverpool, apart from a couple of injuries.

United tried their best on that front tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Really shows up the English refs .. blatant red cards and penos not given, absolutely blatant

I may need 10 pints before kick off Tuesday to calm the nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm working for the match not sure if that's better for my nerves or not.

• Really shows up the English refs .. blatant red cards and penos not given, absolutely blatant

:D

Echo is reporting that both Salah & Robertson are winning the battle to be fit for Tuesday and are expected to be available.

Moreno is a major doubt after picking up the injury this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't suppose we can recall Harry Wilson? :pac: Another great game for Hull (4-0) with a goal and an assist and some lovely football in general play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Would be hilarious to see them finish above everton after the 200 million summer spend

They play each other in a couple of weeks and I would Love it, if it was the game that Newcastle went above them.

The face on not so skinny head Sam would be priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Echo is reporting that both Salah & Robertson are winning the battle to be fit for Tuesday and are expected to be available.

Three good bits of news there. No offence to Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Okay new plan for Tuesday, just leave Sterling open and defend the rest of them.

You can't argue with Sterling's goal return, 21 goals is not to be sniffed at. But he really does miss some sitters, that hasn't changed since his Liverpool days where i remember not scoring open goals from two or three yards out on a few occasions and he did the same this season at Burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    United tried their best on that front tbf.

Absolute Bollox

murpho999 wrote: »
    They won't come near recreating an Anfield atmosphere.

They don't get behind their team at all.

Place was very quiet when they were struggling where as there would be an Anfield roar to spur their team on if in trouble.

I wonder will they attempt to though? Will they have fans outside waiting on coaches. Will they bring in flags etc.

Don't forget, Chelsea's plastic flag nonsense was started in the Champions League semi final in 2007 against us as a reaction to how they crumbled at Anfield in 2005. Apparently, that atmosphere in 2005 made an impression on Abramovich.

Really shows up the English refs .. blatant red cards and penos not given, absolutely blatant

Standard has been poor this season. None of them going to the WC this year too, so it must be getting noticed.

Remember when Arsenal were mocked for top 4 celebrations...

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Standard has been poor this season. None of them going to the WC this year too, so it must be getting noticed.

That German ref we had on Wednesday was quality. There's lots of top referees around the European leagues, none of them are in England.

monkey9 wrote: »
    That German ref we had on Wednesday was quality. There's lots of top referees around the European leagues, none of them are in England.

Agreed. Top class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do you think Klopp will sign him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Good news all round then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

monkey9 wrote: »
    You can't argue with Sterling's goal return, 21 goals is not to be sniffed at. But he really does miss some sitters, that hasn't changed since his Liverpool days where i remember not scoring open goals from two or three yards out on a few occasions and he did the same this season at Burnley.
    I think the 21 goals is more a refection of the quality around him. He's played well this year, (and did well setting up the second goal) but his finishing cannot be relied upon, same when he was with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think the 21 goals is more a refection of the quality around him. He's played well this year, (and did well setting up the second goal) but his finishing cannot be relied upon, same when he was with Liverpool.

For the most part, he's been excellent at getting himself into exactly the right position almost right in front of goal, to finish easy chances off. It's his pace and movement that gets his goals, rather than the actual finishing touch. When he's left with a bit of work to do with the ball at his feet, he's still not great. Not bad, but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thinking about it, albeit after a few drinks...

If you had offered me our current position, 3-0 nil up against Man City in the quarter finals of the CL, 3rd in the PL with 67 points and 11 points ahead of Chelsea in 5th, albeit with them having two games in hand, I'd have absolutely taken your hand off.

Gradually over time Klopp and the players have increased our expectation through their performances, results and actions, but we really should not take for granted what has been achieved this year. If we do secure CL, and nothing else, that will be a monumental achievement for a club that was so deprived of CL football for so long. Our last meaningful game in the CL, prior to this year, was against Chelsea in 2009.

Whilst our history held standards high, we all know what we've been through since then, and it bears no repeating. The Rodgers PL run was glorious, but the foundations were weak and ultimately held no basis for progress.

Now, we have something substantial, a platform for progression. A manager who is worth more than any player at our disposal, and a reputation that is growing all the time.

I had a point, and far more to say, but the alcohol has kicked in and I'm staring at my phone unable to remember even why I began this post.

So **** it. Here it is. Our Egyptian King.

Allez, allez, allez.

I'm going to want to delete this nonsensical rambling in the morning. But before that... Our year.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »

If you had offered me our current position, 3-0 nil up against Man City in the quarter finals of the CL, I'd have absolutely taken your hand off.

Allez, allez, allez.
    Our year.

Especially this part in bold..

The amount of people I've talked with that said the likes of..

"We shouldn't of sat back at 3 up, we could've got a 4th. City where there for the taking"

I was just scratching my head at the way some supporters see football.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Especially this part in bold..

The amount of people I've talked with that said the likes of..

"We shouldn't of sat back at 3 up, we could've got a 4th. City where there for the taking"

I was just scratching my head at the way some supporters see football.

I would have been delighted with a 1-0 or even a 0-0. 3-0 on the night was incredible. Those people haven't a clue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

99.9% of football fans are idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My main concern now is when have city lost 3 games in a row.

I'd take a 2-1 defeat tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vicxas wrote: »

I'd take a 4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

noodler wrote: »
    I'd take a 4-1

If it was 4-1 with ten minutes left could you imagine the state of your trousers by the final whistle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If it was 4-1 with ten minutes left could you imagine the state of your trousers by the final whistle?

I'm gonna wear shorts.

http://images.gawker.com/afscuecqn42cpv1comlf/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Think I'll watch it on the toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I can't even numb the nerves with Drink as I've a training day on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ah Robo, ffs.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Ah Robo, ffs.

I was looking forward to Sunday dinner, might just give it a miss.

corwill wrote: »
    Ah Robo, ffs.

I've removed the image links!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »

How is that an indicator of what's to come?

Before City played us in Anfield, they had not lost a league game and that changed.

As was shown by us and Utd yesterday that City defence is vulnerable and can be got at.

I'm very confident we will get a goal, silence the non empty seats in the stadium and game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If we can stop them getting more than 3 I am confident we will go through. I see us getting chances and you f we can get 1 they will panic. But for the love of god let's not panic if we are 3 down at half time. One goal is all we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we can get one early then I'm sure they'll collapse like a house of cards.

Checkmate

I expect them to come out of the block at full pace so if we can withstand that first onslaught I think we will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I expect them to come out of the block at full pace so if we can withstand that first onslaught I think we will be ok.

Which might be our best time to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I’ll be at the ground on Tuesday night, does anyone reckon it’ll be easy enough to pick up a ticket outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino is due a goal, can't see him playing another 90 and not scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Always loved a little pea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement