Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

So Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fellaini will be used outside of Anfield to elbow anyone throwing bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we in the market for a new mop in Melwood?

Surprised manU want to get rid of him.

He suits their style perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hey he would be a throwback but he can only join if he grows a tash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I hear the UFC are also interested in him. They haven’t seen elbows as lethal as his since Jon Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That L'Equipe article is hilarious when you let Google translate it.

"Free in June, the Belgian midfielder Manchester United Marouane Fellaini arouses covetousness.
    Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini has been invited by Liverpool, who drew the contours of a three-year contract for the 30-year-old Belgian international, and finally a contract with the Red Devils. Internally, the subject mildly annoys José Mourinho, who had congratulated him against Liverpool (2-1) , on March 10, when he had returned earlier than expected after a small operation to a meniscus. Fellaini had been tenured in the eighth-final return of C1 against Sevilla (1-2, March 13), with less success.

Chinese clubs, as well as Turkish (Besiktas), have also proposed a golden future to the player, who favors so far a great European stable. Two French formations approached him. Monaco, via discussions between Vadim Vasilyev, Leonardo Jardim and the entourage of the Belgian, and, to a much greater degree, the PSG, through Antero Henrique.

The Paris sports director has discussed several times with Fellaini, mentioning the succession of Thiago Motta and a three-year lease. The contractual situation of the Mancunian is interesting for a club which is the object of an investigation of the control authority of the financial fair play. There remains the fundamental opinion of the future coach."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Only reason I could see Fellaini being signed would be for a comedy sketch on LFCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be like Jeux Sans Frontiers with 10 minutes to go. "The German - he's playing his joker".

352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg?zz=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Vicxas wrote: »
    Apparently Can has bought a house in Liverpool.

Take from that what you will

That's a funny way of spelling Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fellaini?

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

That's enough internet for today methinks.

That gif is brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'm really sh1te when it comes to positions, but can someone tell me if Gini was played in a different position on Saturday than he normally is?

Chap was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I'm really sh1te when it comes to positions, but can someone tell me if Gini was played in a different position on Saturday than he normally is?

Chap was immense.

yeah i thought he was too... someone wrote and article about it this morning and about figuring out new positions

https://amzn.to/2IDN8Ky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Chap was immense.
    mada999 wrote: »
    yeah i thought he was too... someone wrote and article about it this morning and about figuring out new positions

Yeah he played more the holding role :)

mada999 wrote: »

Take your shameless thanks and get out of my sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Chelsea have won 3 league games in 2018 and now have 3 away games in a row ,
    I think its pretty safe to say top four is now in the bag ,

Anyone think City will now change there attention from Trent to Gini tomorrow,
    He will play the number 6 role for the second time, and surely they will look to put the squeeze on him .,
    Gini gets a lot of unwarranted stick at times from Liverpool fans so I hope he puts on a great performance tomorrow much like Trent last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Stop worrying about Fellaini.

If he is available in the summer he'll be heading to West Ham with David Moyes.

Hearing  Mo may not be fit

So tomorrow night.

Being Liverpool we won't get a score draw or a victory in normal time.

What will happen is we will be losing 2-0 going in to the 90th minute and we'll all think we have just scraped through but no.

City will equalise in the 92nd minute.

Extra time will be goalless.

We win on penalties.

You know it's going to happen, have your family prepared for the emotional rollercoaster. Better still, tell them to go stay with relatives tomorrow night.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    So tomorrow night.

Being Liverpool we won't get a score draw or a victory in normal time.

What will happen is we will be losing 2-0 going in to the 90th minute and we'll all think we have just scraped through but no.

City will equalise in the 92nd minute.

Extra time will be goalless.

We win on penalties.

You know it's going to happen, have your family prepared for the emotional rollercoaster. Better still, tell them to go stay with relatives tomorrow night.
    If mo is not fit what starting 11 would people go with ?
    I think its a shame Moreno is injured as hed have been perfect for left wing, We need more pace than we showed against Everton,

I think its a shame Moreno is injured as hed have been perfect for left wing, We need more pace than we showed against Everton,

Well it's either going to be Ings or Solanke to fill in for Mo if he's not available.

We can't be said to be a one man team though.

GK: Karius

Defense: TAA Lovren VVD Robertson

Midfield: Ox Widj Milner

Attack: Ings Firmino Mane

This should be enough to protect a 3 goal lead for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

"L'Equipe annonce ce matin que Liverpool vient de solliciter le Belge avec une offre de contrat de 3 ans."

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/diablesrouges/detail_liverpool-paris-et-monaco-cela-s-affaire-autour-de-marouane-fellaini?id=9887949

dogbert27 wrote: »

Well it's either going to be Ings or Solanke to fill in for Mo if he's not available.

We can't be said to be a one man team though.

GK: Karius

Defense: TAA Lovren VVD Robertson

Midfield: Ox Widj Milner

Attack: Ings Firmino Mane

This should be enough to protect a 3 goal lead for 90 minutes.
    Shows how bad our squad is ,
    Ud much prefer to have Origi coming in instead of one of them 2
    I think its a huge risk not to play Bobby as the 9
    What about Clyne right full and Trent right wing ?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ush wrote: »
    "L'Equipe annonce ce matin que Liverpool vient de solliciter le Belge avec une offre de contrat de 3 ans."

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/diablesrouges/detail_liverpool-paris-et-monaco-cela-s-affaire-autour-de-marouane-fellaini?id=9887949

Posted, discussed, laughed at, debunked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Well it's not so much that losing Salah shows how short our squad is, it's that we lost him at the same time that Henderson, Lallana and Can were all unavailable. Presumably if we had a full squad and no Salah, we'd simply add Oxlade Chamberlain or Lallana to the front three and continue as we are. It's not quite a full blown injury crisis but it's definitely bad timing for us.

Jürgen Klopp is hopeful of being able to call upon the services of Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Alberto Moreno in Tuesday’s Champions League clash at Manchester City.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/297142-mohamed-salah-injury-update-liverpool-fc

Well it's not so much that losing Salah shows how short our squad is, it's that we lost him at the same time that Henderson, Lallana and Can were all unavailable. Presumably if we had a full squad and no Salah, we'd simply add Oxlade Chamberlain or Lallana to the front three and continue as we are. It's not quite a full blown injury crisis but it's definitely bad timing for us.
    I get what your saying but OX or Lallanan are no wingers or wide/forwards,
    We need better back up .,

Is it possible Moreno felt something and removed as Klopp didn't want to take nay chance with him see as Mo is already touch and go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

One of those things is not like the others

Yeah I'd prefer Origi coming in too but it's easy to see that he would not have had any meaningful game time this season and we would have had news articles all season saying that he needs to be playing or moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looking at last year's table as a barometer of progress, at 33 games last year we had 66 points compared to today's 67.

I know we have Champion's League games this season but it does feel like we're playing much better this year compared to last and I find it odd we're only 1 point better off.

Compare that to City who are on 84 points compared to 64 points last season and Utd on 71 points compared to 60.

Spurs have 4 points less and Chelsea have collapsed and are a massive 18 points down.

Is it really an accurate sign of progress?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »
    Looking at last year's table as a barometer of progress, at 33 games last year we had 66 points compared to today's 67.

I know we have Champion's League games this season but it does feel like we're playing much better this year compared to last and I find it odd we're only 1 point better off.

Compare that to City who are on 84 points compared to 64 points last season and Utd on 71 points compared to 60.

Spurs have 4 points less and Chelsea have collapsed and are a massive 18 points down.

Is it really an accurate sign of progress?

Champions League semi final beckons and you're wondering what? If Liverpool are more than one point better, wait until the end of the season. Judge then, when a holistic view is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

murpho999 wrote: »

We have dropped some very silly points at times this season.

First game of the season Watford nick a draw in injury time.

Everton at home and the late penalty out of nowhere.

Arsenal away. Should have been 4 up at half-time then a collapse.

Spurs at home and the injury time penalty mayhem.

That's just off the top of my head. Didn't even include West Brom at home as we just played crap that night. Our record against the top 6 (and Everton) has been much worse this season than last but it was always going to be. We were brillaint against the top sides last season. That probably wasn't sustainable to the same level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A successful Champions League campaign in tandem of maintenance of our league form from last season is very much a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A successful Champions League campaign in tandem of maintenance of our league form from last season is very much a success.

Think not replacing Coutinho looks bad the minute Salah stopped up last week & we have no cover for the front 3; Phil not being available half the time when he was here sucked too as well as Lallana's injury & signing Van Dijk in January rather than July made us suffer a bit.
    Still doing well in the champions league is a rarity for English sides now. I won't proclaim the semi spot until Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ERG89 wrote: »
    Think not replacing Coutinho looks bad the minute Salah stopped up last week & we have no cover for the front 3; Phil not being available half the time when he was here sucked too as well as Lallana's injury & signing Van Dijk in January rather than July made us suffer a bit.
    Still doing well in the champions league is a rarity for English sides now. I won't proclaim the semi spot until Thursday.

Even if we don't progress to the semi finals it's been a successful CL campaign in my book. We're in bonus territory past the second round.

We'll be desperately disappointed given the first leg advantage, but on a higher level we'll have to take stock positively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

ERG89 wrote: »

That's the first time I've even thought of coutinho since he left, shows the quality of job klopp is doing that we sold a player of his quality mid season and still ploughed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Everton fans, once a blue always a Manc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Said in here at the start of the season that a successful season for me would be finishing top 4 alongside either winning a domestic cup or making it to the CL QFs. Bar some huge upsets it's looking like we've achieved top 4 and could progress even further in the CL.

Champions League semi final beckons and you're wondering what? If Liverpool are more than one point better, wait until the end of the season. Judge then, when a holistic view is possible.

Discussing our league form and if we have improved as much as we thought.

I think it's a fair question but you're probably right to wait until the end of the season and also have to allow for Champion's League games.

Also think we've had a better second half of the season compared to last year. Signing of VVD and form of Robertson has ensured we did not have the January drop like last year.

Without doubt we have improved,
    One of things that have me looking forward to the future is that it is clear where we need to improve,Oure  midfield 3 are no where need good enough , If we upgrade there and get reinforcements in other area's we will be some side,

None of the 3 sides ahead of us have an obvious weak area like us, where do City , Spurs and United need to improve ?

Without doubt we have improved,
    One of things that have me looking forward to the future is that it is clear where we need to improve,Oure  midfield 3 are no where need good enough , If we upgrade there and get reinforcements in other area's we will be some side,

None of the 3 sides ahead of us have an obvious weak area like us, where do City , Spurs and United need to improve ?

How is our midfield no where near good enough when they're doing so well.

City need to improve their defence as has been shown in the last week.

I would argue that Utd and Spurs also have defence issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement