Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here is the the Ejaria thread on a popular Sunderland website - they seem to like him but fear his talent will be wasted on a bunch of cloggers.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ejaria.1416523/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

why is everyone talking about man utd players?

Makes M!ck feel at homes, since he's always watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I just feel bad for Ejaria. Sunderland has to be one of the biggest dumpster fires in the UK, and their football team is somehow worse.

Just grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Knex. wrote: »
    I just feel bad for Ejaria. Sunderland has to be one of the biggest dumpster fires in the UK, and their football team is somehow worse.

Just grim.

A touch of reality is no harm for the entitled millenials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Just grim.

A touch of reality is no harm for the entitled millenials

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mosstin wrote: »
    FF is the bane of my existence this year. Every single thing I try turns to ****e.

Sign ddg Sanchez and lukaku please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sign ddg Sanchez and lukaku please.

Well, it worked with Aguero. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

klose wrote: »
    Nice, and no doubt there is some flukey fecker out there with Ramsey triple captained.

I have Ramsay in the draft version (which is great) . Picked him and Monreal up while they were injured :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    Well, it worked with Aguero. :mad:

Everytime I take Aguero out of my team the fcuker score 3/4 then I put him back in and he is dropped or injured :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I know Sunderland are very bad but reading that thread really illustrates how utterly terrible they are. How Ejaria responds will be a stark indicator of whether he has a career at Liverpool. Sink to his Sunderland peers level for the remainder of the season then he's most likely not in contention for our bench next season. A few Sunderland supporters noted he has something about him though so hopefully he'll continue to push himself, as he'll get plenty of game time there.

Let's be honest I would say the £142m Coutinho would struggle to show he is the third most expensive player in the world playing in that Sunderland team at the bottom of the championship.

I doubt anyone will judge Ejaria on his time there it's all about him real getting game time no matter how bad it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I doubt anyone will judge Ejaria on his time there it's all about him real getting game time no matter how bad it is.

I wouldn't judge Ejaria, but I judge the club for sending him to Sunderland. I find it hard to believe that a loan couldn't have been arranged to someplace where he would get game time but wasn't also a kip of a club overrun by drunks and sexual deviants and falling down around their ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Quote from Klopp yesterday with praise for the main man
    ......Dortmund was similar. They were so young they had to over- perform constantly. And here, we have to over-perform, too. That’s no problem. That’s the point where we are as a team. That’s why we drop some points sometimes. Mo Salah, world class, but not every day. Sadio Mane, world class, but not every day. Roberto Firmino, world class, pretty much every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

x43r0 wrote: »
    Quote from Klopp yesterday with praise for the main man

The fact that the man can be quoted shows that his plan is to develope players and that over time just as he did in Dortmund. Personally think this is why Klopp and FSG fit so well together.....both have a long term vision and want to leave the club in a better place when the time comes for them to go.

Look at Dortmund today....up to last season Klopps work was probably still being lived on. Now they have to reinvent their playing style and find players to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucas voted Lazio's player of the Month for January.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool Xl vs. Tottenham: Karius; Gomez, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson; Henderson, Emre Can, Chamberlain; Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Doesn't seem to be official yet, but seems about right.

At least no huge surprises in team selection. Gomez only worry, I always wonder why Milner does not play there, if he could play left back with wrong foot, he could play right back with right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Apart from Clyne, that is probably our best 11.

Maybe an argument for putting Wijnaldum in there for Can also, a half-fit Henderson and Can who turns like an oil tanker could spell trouble in the middle.

• Advertisement

Not the same as above. This is official though.

DVM4bW3X4AAxIWP.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Weird team, thought we'd see one of Gini or Ox

Lovren better not try to prove anything in this game just keep it simple no Lovren Billy Big Balls please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lovren....oh god last time out it was a car crash vs Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

ERG89 wrote: »
    Lovren....oh god last time out it was a car crash vs Spurs

Almost certainly why he's starting today, probably told to make up for throwing the reverse fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Very surprised at Gini's omission. He's usually great against the top teams at Anfield.

Gomez is injured Reddy is reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No Moreno I don't think I'll bother watching it so :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovren should be nowhere near the team versus Spurs IMO.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Our midfield looks slow....in what I'd expect to be a high tempo game I wouldn't be surprised to see us countered well by Spurs. Would have had ox in there or Gini, given how good he was at turning the ball over vs. City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Happy enough with the team. Felt we needed that steel in midfield so happy to see it unchanged there. Time for Lovren to banish his wembley horror show today. I've every faith in him. He's been solid enough since that day in fairness. Thank god Robertson is playing also. Klopp isnt dead to me. Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Glad Moreno isn't starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp doesn't want us over loaded through Midfield.

Surprised ox isn't in there but he'll be a super sub today for sure

SociableShorttermHylaeosaurus.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'd high hopes for him back then. Now I just want him sold.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Our midfield looks slow....in what I'd expect to be a high tempo game I wouldn't be surprised to see us countered well by Spurs. Would have had ox in there or Gini, given how good he was at turning the ball over vs. City

With lallana not fit & coutinho gone I can't fathom how wij or ox aren't starting. Especially ox given he's s recent enough purchase and hasn't been bad for us.

Milner isn't great in midfield these days.... if he ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can,Henderson and milner really is a terrible midfield,but at least Moreno isnt playing

Most boring midfield in world football, Can ,Hen, Milner.

We know Spurs will have shots on target today, and we know those shots will be goals as we also know Karius couldn't save a file.
    So we need goals, how many who knows. What a shocking disadvantage we have to all other teams knowing a shot on target is a goal.

A Rodgers midfield :eek:

• Advertisement

SociableShorttermHylaeosaurus.gif
    More likely to do this though

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Most boring midfield in world football, Can ,Hen, Milner.

We know Spurs will have shots on target today, and we know those shots will be goals as we also know Karius couldn't save a file.
    So we need goals, how many who knows. What a shocking disadvantage we have to all other teams knowing a shot on target is a goal.

We're playing possum today!

We'll see today why Karius is a lower league keeper.

Surprised and a little worried that neither Ox or Wijnaldum are playing in that midfield 3.

Those three turn like my grandmother.

With 3 fairly defensive midfielders we better at least be able to lockdown their midfield, sick of seeing teams just stroll through to our defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Surprised and a little worried that neither Oxford or Wijnaldum are playing in that midfield 3.

Those three turn like my grandmother.

Milner, in particular, is an extremely strange call.

'Klopp knows', he says, settling in behind the couch.

• Advertisement

Kane on 99 league goals, stage is set for him here.

Maybe Can will be given license to roam forward. But it's hard to see who the outlet is within that trio when trying to transition onto the front foot.

With 3 fairly defensive midfielders we better at least be able to lockdown their midfield, sick of seeing teams just stroll through to our defence.

I dunno really.... I fear they'll create little yet position ally won't offer huge protection to the back 4 either.

Kane on 99 league goals, stage is set for him here.

If he does it in a 3-1 defeat I won't mind.

Tyler :(:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement