Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thumbs up emoji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hopefully Shamrock55 has training on every CL night this season and if not....

Go the fecking gym.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Vicxas wrote: »
    Annnnd here's Eamon Dunphys wet blanket

why even bother with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Liverpool this season:

Won 4-0 twice
    Won 5-0 twice
    Won 7-0 twice

Won 1-0 once

Thats an insane stat. I suppose we all tend to pick faults (and deserved criticism too at times) but sometimes you have to sit back and appreciate how good this Liverpool team are too.

Ruthless we were tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lloyd, Augeo xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We can win this, but we need other teams to knock out some big guns. 8 teams go out this round, we only need to take out one, and that's done.
    Same in next round, a nice draw and 4 more teams will go if we only need to take one.
    You don't need to beat City, Juve, Barca, Psg, Real, United, to win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sJRuOb4.gif

Has anyone got a link to 'that' post?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

monkey9 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to 'that' post?

Last post by the doughboy.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93648378&postcount=781

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Itv commentary, “ only twice have Liverpool won in Portugal and each time they’ve won the cup “
    Could it happen ? 6/1 at the mo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

cjmc wrote: »
    Itv commentary, “ only twice have Liverpool won in Portugal and each time they’ve won the cup “
    Could it happen ? 6/1 at the mo

They are mostly 10/1 and 12/1 and as high as 14/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

10 days off and lose to West Ham and Newcastle in our next two league games that would be same old Liverpool.

Win them and we might be on the right road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool this season:

Won 4-0 twice
    Won 5-0 twice
    Won 7-0 twice

Won 1-0 once

17 games were they have scored 3 or more goals, 10 away from home.

23 goals in 6 games were that orange kit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Midfield 3 did well tonight. I would always have Henderson and wijnaldum in our strongest 3. The ox ,can and milner to fight it out for the other spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Dunphy making a good point for once, saying Milner an improvement on Can in many ways.

He was immense tonight.

Who was immense?? Milner or Dunphy?? 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just watched the game now, wow is all I can say,thought milner was great as were many others,can we actually do this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We can now play a full strength team against Newcastle before the home leg which I was worried we wouldn't be able to before tonight,that's very important because we must continue to win our league games,plus I'm going to Newcastle game lol!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

murpho999 wrote: »
    VVD looks to be great for Karius. Plenty of communication and encouragement.

Just saw him give a handshake/high 5 to Karius for coming out even though Porto were offside.
    Never really saw that before he arrived.

VVD seems to be gelling the defence around him. Lets pray he can be Klopp's colossus, a la Tommy Smith was for Shanks. Karius seems to be playing for VVD's approval, even taking a chance to grab his magnificent head after he loafed out another ball that Karius was belatedly coming for. We have a leader at the back, and I feel fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Who was immense?? Milner or Dunphy?? 😂😂😂

Dunphy obvs!

He did line after line and didn’t let Darragh rest for a second, was relentless in his pressing of Brady and left Sadlier on his arse repeatedly.

But yeah his praise of Milner was spot on. That performance surely should edge him ahead of Can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

murpho999 wrote: »
    Find this harsh.

He always gives credit when it's due and he's praising Liverpool tonight.

He doesn't.. He runs with the hares and hunts with the hounds.

Edit.. Humpty Dunphy obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

5starpool wrote: »

Has he not just posted to say he was heading off for a ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I think I've managed to find a negative from our result, our return leg is unlikely to be the live game on TV3 they might just opt for the PSG Madrid game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Three great results for English teams so far. I can see all three and United going through.

So who do we want in the quarters? Seville surely? :pac: we owe them a beating!!

Christ the winner of Roma/Shakhtar sticks out like a sore thumb.

That ball will have a few million spent on an extra coat of paint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Best. Post. Ever.

Has he not just posted to say he was heading off for a ride?

I hope PotentialUnderAchiever doesn't take as long to return to the thread after getting the job done!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So who do we want in the quarters? Seville surely? :pac: we owe them a beating!!

Christ the winner of Roma/Shakhtar sticks out like a sore thumb.

That ball will have a few million spent on an extra coat of paint!

Madrid all day for me.

So who do we want in the quarters

United.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    United.

Yes please, 100%.

What a couple of games they'd be.

Save them til the final. Could you imagine?! Stakes so high, the world would implode.

I don't like Mourinho in cup games; it's what he's best at, but I still want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Save them til the final. Could you imagine?! Stakes so high, the world would implode.

Thought it was going to happen in 07, we knocked out Chelsea on the Tuesday and they had a 3-2 lead going to Milan and I was hoping for it. The craziness of it would be worth it!

Teams I'd like to avoid are Barca (if they get through), Bayern and City. The winner of Roma/Shaktar the dream draw or if Sevilla somehow knocked United out (think United go though handily though). There's not a lot between the rest so don't have any preference from them.

If utd get through they will get Roma/shaktar guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

I think utd will go out. They've been sh1te lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I love you all but these are the people who make my pants stir most:

Username
    RoboKlopp
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    5starpool
    Kerrigooney
    Harry Palmr
    Grayditch
    NukaCola
    ~Rebel~
    AgentCoulson
    LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Barcelona or United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

:D Porto are a millions miles from the AVB era side that swept all before them playing some brilliant high press football. This lot would be mid table in the Prem.

They were still there to be beaten.

They got to the knockout stages of the Champions League, and they don't lose like that often at all. They're not mugs.

Also, why does every time a team hammers another team (and I'm guilty of this too) does it have to be a case of one team had to have been terrible? Why can't it simply be that one team was brilliant, didn't let the other team play, and they could do fúck all about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

@sm01

Nothing but saps on mine so I won't bother.

Kerrigooney number 1 by a long shot. No sign of any of the other saps. I must be out of the click. Bastards.

Kerrigooney
    CiDeRmAn
    Buford T. Justice V
    Washington Irving
    Glico Man
    RoboKlopp
    5starpool
    o1s1n
    NukaCola
    googled eyes
    catmancer

I'd be very worried if Sevilla beat United. We could end up getting them and Moreno will have a FOURTH chance to put a stink on the fixture.

I'm so delighted with Robertson right now. Instead of a liability in that position, we have a clever young player who can attack and defend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd be very worried if Sevilla beat United. We could end up getting them and Moreno will have a FOURTH chance to put a stink on the fixture.

I'm so delighted with Robertson right now. Instead of a liability in that position, we have a clever young player who can attack and defend.

Said it before but i'm delighted with Robertson, still loads of room for improvement but still has so much raw talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Last night is a perfect example of why this team can continue to grow even when it loses important players. The system is our most important play maker, it creates so many clear cut opportunities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Vicxas wrote: »
    Said it before but i'm delighted with Robertson, still loads of room for improvement but still has so much raw talent.
    Last night might have been his best game.
    Defended very well, attacked at the right times, easily could have had an assist or two with his crosses, and passed it around nicely as well. That type of consistency with his crosses would be great.

Hard to say anyone played badly; even Wijnaldum (who I have criticized) had a big game getting forward with Milner/Hendo protecting.

CDFs had two big tackles as well, Lovern at 0:0 and VVD (who looked great on the ball) at 2:0. As big as any of the goals we scored.

Nice to see Mane smiling as well.

5:0. Great chance to rest players for the 2nd leg when Spurs and maybe Utd/Chelsea need to go all out in their CL games, which may give us a slight edge when it comes to the PL games at that time.

Home to West Hame and the Newcastle, then CL game against Porto and 4 days later away to Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sign him up Jurgen.

Link
    Sadio Mane has revealed Jamie Carragher to be the single greatest provider of half-time team talks in football history.

Mane scored a hat-trick as Liverpool made
    Daniel Storey
    a very excited boy with a 5-0 thrashing of Porto in the Champions League last-16.

The Senegalese has struggled somewhat this season in the shadows of Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, but seized the day/evening in Portugal on Wednesday.

But according to Mane himself, Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher was the man behind his heroics.

Mane scored just one of his three goals in the first half as Liverpool headed into half-time with a 2-0 lead. And then Carragher stepped in.

“He (Carragher) is my good friend,” he told Viasport presenter Jan-Aage Fjortoft, with the Sky Sports pundit to his side.

At half-time he told me to score more goals, and we tried as a team.

“Luckily I got three goals today and I’m happy.”

Get him in there every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

When I pointed out to family & friends how my wedding day falls on the day of the CL final we all had a good laugh but last night added a few nerves :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

x43r0 wrote: »
    When I pointed out to family & friends how my wedding day falls on the day of the CL final we all had a good laugh but last night added a few nerves :eek:

Terrible planning. I delayed my proposal thing to make it far more likely that the missus would choose the summer with no major football on, rather than one with a world cup or European championship. Gambling with an annual event such as CL though is amateur stuff.

Even for future years, the anniversary that she will want to go for dinner on is always likely to be around CL final day. No sympathy for you.

Terrible planning. I delayed my proposal thing to make it far more likely that the missus would choose the summer with no major football on, rather than one with a world cup or European championship. Gambling with an annual event such as CL though is amateur stuff.

Even for future years, the anniversary that she will want to go for dinner on is always likely to be around CL final day. No sympathy for you.

We planned our wedding to happen a week before the world cup starts, as i would have been quickly divorced if i was distracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The only saving grace in my case is that the missus is also a fan so if we make it to the final I'd say I could swing a tv being wheeled in during the meal as she'd only be checking the score herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Last night illustrated the importance of us continually qualifying for the CL, those players like Salah, Mane, Firmino, VVD need that stage.

I dont know about ye but I'm excited to see us go up against a real heavyweight and see how we do. That front 3 if given space can score against anyone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement