Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I just realised United play Chelsea next weekend - fantastic. A draw would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Delighted we are supposedly trying to buy Allison but this news if true is bad timing for us. Especially now that Karius has finally started playing well'ish enough for us.

Hopefully now he has the mental capacity and confidence in himself not to let this unsettle him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Borini scored for Milan tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No doubt his movement was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Beats being bottom of the Championship playing for Sunderland anyway so that was a great movement away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Beats being bottom of the Championship playing for Sunderland anyway so that was a great movement away.

There's a better class of knicker to be found in Milan also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Good to see Agger with the lads today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Agger looking good, swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

News starting to appear tonight that we are trying to buy Alisson now ahead of the summer.

Roma looking for £62m/€70m for him.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/964219932362846208

What kinda money could we look to recoup for Mignolet, between £10 to £15 million possibly? Napoli favs to sign him with Paddypower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

robwen wrote: »
    What kinda money could we look to recoup for Mignolet, between £10 to £15 million possibly? Napoli favs to sign him with Paddypower

FSG in fairness seem very good at getting more than expected for players. Although if it's an Italian club probably a loan deal with an option to buy (which they won't take) and us paying the wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I gotta be honest.

Karius being semi competent in a few games isn't really getting me on the move Mig along and keep Karius train alot seem to be on.

Mig is still by some way the better keeper imo and the shocker with WBA wasn't helped with his random dropping from league games prior.

Ok, get a new keeper in, maybe Karius has more potential as backup. I just don't see Karius as in any way the solution over Mig just cos of a few decent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

noodler wrote: »
    I gotta be honest.

Karius being semi competent in a few games isn't really getting me on the move Mig along and keep Karius train alot seem to be on.

I think most are on the keep Karius as back up and buy Allison train to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Mignolet is done. Hopefully never plays another game for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Delighted we are supposedly trying to buy Allison but this news if true is bad timing for us. Especially now that Karius has finally started playing well'ish enough for us.

Hopefully now he has the mental capacity and confidence in himself not to let this unsettle him again.

Surley he doesn't think just because he hasn't been absolute garbage in the last couple of games that's he's now the future of Liverpool goalkeeping,the lad isn't good enough and a couple of handy games won't change my mind and shouldn't make him delusional

He might well grow into the role :)
    I'd still consider him quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Mignolet is done at LFC he said as much himself in January after he was dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hopefully he's a player that needs confidence and two consecutive clean sheets could do him the world of good.

I still have my doubts but hey he's not done much wrong since the Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If the reports are true about Allison would ye not be better off throwing 80 to Atleti for Oblak? Get a top 5 in the world keeper for an extra 10/20 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Mig is a disaster. He’s had endless chances. Like Moreno he’s used up more lives than your average cat.

I want both out of the club. If we are serious about challenging for big trophies, those 2 accident prone brainless twats need to be nowhere near our starting 11.

Honestly, I’d put Lovren in that category too but let’s just give him the “VVD might fix him” benefit of the doubt for a second.

1 more brain fart from him in the near future though and he’s finished for me.

I admire Klopp’s loyalty, but do we really think we’re better off for the loyalty he showed Mig, Moron, and Lov?

Like fvck we are.

Better late than never I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Mignolet is done. Hopefully never plays another game for us

he had adream start too, with that penalty save on his debut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Re. The signings that disappointed.

Kewell is definitely No.1.

Litmanen No.2.

Morrientes No.3

All very high profile players that I knew of and was very excited upon their arrival.

Collymore was close considering the record fee but He did score the winner in that glorious 4-3.

Other notable mentions go to Downing (Never produced his wheelie bin trick)

Diouf because he blocked the signing of Anelka and turned out to be a proper end of a bell.

Babel because of the high fee and how well he looked in the u21 tournament.

Andy Carroll.
    Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lovern can improve under VVD, he's already man managing him on pitch. Lovern's decisions are no longer his own, he's pointed in right direction constantly by VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Re. The signings that disappointed.

1. Sean Dundee : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

1. Sean Dundee : (

What the Hell were you expecting from Sean Dundee that you ended up being disappointed???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

This is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lovern can improve under VVD, he's already man managing him on pitch. Lovern's decisions are no longer his own, he's pointed in right direction constantly by VVD.

Yes but we don't want someone who needs to be babysitted throughout a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

This is great

Oh Jesus, that is absolutely ****ing awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus, I hate that song (original), but I'm starting to warming to the chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Adidas getting on the Firmino celebration train

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfOD8-1nufx/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I don't actually mind Lovren too much. I think he is a player that epitomises this team. Plays well in the important games but can struggle for motivation against the smaller teams. Hopefully with some competition now and VVD he can get rid of that out of his game.
    I see more potential in a VVD/Lovren partnership then a VVD/Matip one. Matip for me has been poor apart from the first half of last season.
    The only thing that bugs me about Lovren is his straight to the media after a good game, would rather him keep a low profile for a while and quietly go about his business.

Would like to play Bayern in the next round. A big side that I think we could really get at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I don't actually mind Lovren too much. I think he is a player that epitomises this team. Plays well in the important games but can struggle for motivation against the smaller teams. Hopefully with some competition now and VVD he can get rid of that out of his game.
    I see more potential in a VVD/Lovren partnership then a VVD/Matip one. Matip for me has been poor apart from the first half of last season.
    The only thing that bugs me about Lovren is his straight to the media after a good game, would rather him keep a low profile for a while and quietly go about his business.

Would like to play Bayern in the next round. A big side that I think we could really get at.

Lovren's worst game of the season was against Spurs - a fairly important game. Also had a stinker against Seville in the Champions League. He hasn't done anything awful in a few games though. I genuinely think VVD is having a really positive and calming effect on the defence. He's been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

garra wrote: »
    3 biggest disappointments

Aquaman - huge investment / zero return
    Keane - Irish hero / Liverpool fan / face didn't fit
    Jari Litmanen - Gifted luxury player who never seemed to work hard enough during games but you prayed would be in the starting line-up every week

I think Litmanen was good for us no?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So after stepping up interest in Allison yesterday, apparently we have stepped it down again with Klopp happy with Karius. So says Paul Joyce. Mignolet still out on his ear though it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

gafferino wrote: »
    Very harsh to include Robbie Keane IMO. He was never given a chance. May or may not have worked out but I dont think the blame could be blamed at his feet like many of the others on the lists.

The topic is most disappointing signing and I was more disappointed about Keane not working out than most others, it's not a poll of our worst signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was really disappointed when Keane got turfed, still dont get why.

• Advertisement

Nigel Clough, now there was a disappointing signing. Started off well but faded badly quite quickly.

5starpool wrote: »
    Nigel Clough, now there was a disappointing signing. Started off well but faded badly quite quickly.

Got two goals on his debut vs Sheff Wednesday, and people were talking about having found the next Dalglish. Collymore also scored a screamer against Sheffield Wednesday on his debut and also flattered to deceive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/964445776222015489

Not signing Allison according to Reddy.

A real shame but not surprising considering his price tag. He looks a special talent.

Karius has improved & hopefully can keep improving as he is very young for a GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I think with Balotteli we already knew it was 50 / 50 if it would work out.

mosstin wrote: »
    Got two goals on his debut vs Sheff Wednesday, and people were talking about having found the next Dalglish. Collymore also scored a screamer against Sheffield Wednesday on his debut and also flattered to deceive.

Ya, Collymore certainly disappointed but wasn't a complete flop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was sure Morientes would be great joining us.
    Disappointing about Alisson but I'm not surprised either as the club backed Mignolet when he showed form. Rightly or wrongly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Aaaaaand now Karius will become complacent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Paul Stewart is another disappointing signing for those old enough to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

5starpool wrote: »

4 goals in his first 3 games for us.

Torben Piechnik has to go down as one of the worst signings, absolute shíte

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Didn't Clough get 2 goals in that very engrossing 3-3 draw, with Razor nodding in the equalizer, think he got concussion from that attempt. Outside of that though, disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I can't believe we are not going after Allison.

Joyce et al must be doing the clubs bidding and keeping it out of the public eye that we are interested in signing him.

Sure Oliver Bond reported we were defo talking to Roma about signing him.

OLIVER BOND!

You can take what he says to the bank.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Paul Stewart is another disappointing signing for those old enough to remember.

Wasn't he one of the unfortunates molested by that bastard Bennell? Some of those lads brought that **** right through their lives with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MD1990 wrote: »

A real shame but not surprising considering his price tag. He looks a special talent.

Karius has improved & hopefully can keep improving as he is very young for a GK.

The last player we announced as having ended our interest in was wearing the No 4 shirt on Wednesday night. I wouldn't be paying any heed to statements made 4 months before the transfer window opens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »

If your spending £62 on Allison you might as well spend the £80 on Oblak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement