Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

TitianGerm wrote: »

Haha that's brilliant. Poor aul Studge really didn't appeal. He did have a few "STURRIDGE!" shouts during THAT season. Sadly those drifted out like his form and fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mosstin wrote: »
    Wasn't he one of the unfortunates molested by that bastard Bennell? Some of those lads brought that **** right through their lives with them.

Yes he was, actually forgot about that. Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It's just as well, really. When Karius drops a clanger in September and Klopp drops him, Mignolet will be like a new signing, eager to prove the manager wrong. And that £62m should cover most of the £90m we pay Southampton for James Ward-Prowse, even after we put aside enough to cover the wages we're still paying for loanees Markovic, Sturridge, Ward and Bogdan. We might even be able to afford the FA fine for flaunting our academy ban by tapping up the family of some 11-year old full back at Accrington Stanley.

Great business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone think its very clever from the club, Karius starts to preform well , then the club release a statement ,because of his good form we are now not looking at a goal keeper, it'd kill Karius if we said yes where signing a keeper for 70 million, he'd think his place is gone,
    Karius sitting in the dressing room now with a huge confidence boost thinking  I better keep this up and i'll keep the jersey, So puts in a some big performances in the remaining games ,
    Of course in the summer you still replace him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

I can't believe we are not going after Allison.

Joyce et al must be doing the clubs bidding and keeping it out of the public eye that we are interested in signing him.

Sure Oliver Bond reported we were defo talking to Roma about signing him.

OLIVER BOND!

You can take what he says to the bank.

His website anfield hq has been caught a few times I believe for blatent plagiarism how anybody follows it still surprises me.

On Allison, I doubt a couple of good games from karius has changed klopps mind that he will be his number 1 for next season, I'd be amazed if we don't buy a keeper in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone think its very clever from the club, Karius starts to preform well , then the club release a statement ,because of his good form we are now not looking at a goal keeper, it'd kill Karius if we said yes where signing a keeper for 70 million, he'd think his place is gone,
    Karius sitting in the dressing room now with a huge confidence boost thinking  I better keep this up and i'll keep the jersey, So puts in a some big performances in the remaining games ,

Karius is looking confident and had made some good saves in the last few games. It looks like VVD being very vocal is helping everyone in the backline and keeping them focused.

He deserves the rest of the season to see how he progresses and make a decision then.

If he continues to improve and we bring in a high level keeper then there will be great competition for the #1 jersey.

Did anyone see him catching VVD head the other night? The two players had a right laugh after it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

garra wrote: »
    The topic is most disappointing signing and I was more disappointed about Keane not working out than most others, it's not a poll of our worst signings

7 goals and 5 assists in a four month period.

It wasn't amazing but it was certainly not failure.

I think we all know he wasn't really sold because of his performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Always felt it was a pity Keane never scored in the Kop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Karius is looking confident and had made some good saves in the last few games. It looks like VVD being very vocal is helping everyone in the backline and keeping them focused.

He deserves the rest of the season to see how he progresses and make a decision then.

If he continues to improve and we bring in a high level keeper then there will be great competition for the #1 jersey.

Did anyone see him catching VVD head the other night? The two players had a right laugh after it :pac:

:pac::pac::pac: Yea that was comedy capers alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I suppose Keane was disappointing in regards to only being there for 6 months. so couldn't really be considered a success, his fault or not.

:pac::pac::pac: Yea that was comedy capers alright!

I think VVD ignored the call because you could see Karius calling for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can always say I was at Keane's last scoring game for Liverpool :p Still stand by we would've won the league had we not sold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/964461286904991747

Amazing tweet.

Not once in the article did it mention a goalkeeper, either present or future and the heads have fallen off in the mentions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/964461286904991747

Amazing tweet.

Not once in the article did it mention a goalkeeper, either present or future and the heads have fallen off in the mentions.

And you said Oliver Bond talked sh1te at least he used Sky as a source who at least said we were in talks for Alisson :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can always say I was at Keane's last scoring game for Liverpool :p Still stand by we would've won the league had we not sold him.

My abiding memory of Robbie Keane in a Liverpool shirt is that back heel he attempted when a normal shot was on against Atletico away. I know he scored that game anyhow, but that was to put us 2 up. I was apoplectic then I remember.

• Advertisement

And you said Oliver Bond talked sh1te at least he used Sky as a source who at least said we were in talks for Alisson :pac:

j75jed.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lovren played his best football with Fonte at Southampton, a leader by all accounts. The only other time he looked good was with Sakho. I think this is why Klopp has persisted with Lovren he has been searching for this leader to partner him and has it in VVD.

He's been dodgy for us but I'd have Mignotlet and Moreno way up my **** list.

The talk was VVD would spell the end of Lovren, looks to me he's saved him.

rob316 wrote: »
    Lovren played his best football with Fonte at Southampton, a leader by all accounts. The only other time he looked good was with Sakho. I think this is why Klopp has persisted with Lovren he has been searching for this leader to partner him and has it in VVD.

He's been dodgy for us but I'd have Mignotlet and Moreno way up my **** list.

The talk was VVD would spell the end of Lovren, looks to me he's saved him.

I've come to the conclusion that Matip is not as good as I thought he was. In fact I think he is average. I've watched him closely the last few weeks and he is excellent on the ball but quite infuriating while defending. I don't think i've seen a centre half back off as much as him when someone if running at them with a bit of pace.

Go win the fcuking ball ffs.

I'd like us to have a go for Toby A in the Summer. If you're not in, you can't win.

j75jed.gif

Lots going over my head in here over the last few days.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5starpool wrote: »
    My abiding memory of Robbie Keane in a Liverpool shirt is that back heel he attempted when a normal shot was on against Atletico away. I know he scored that game anyhow, but that was to put us 2 up. I was apoplectic then I remember.

Mine was him smashing in an over the shoulder volley at the Emirates to shut the Arsenal fans up.

• Advertisement

Lots going over my head in here over the last few days.

giphy.gif

In fairness I shoulda qualified the tweet. It shows how reactionary we are as a fanbase, me included. Not just Liverpool fans IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sahin.

Jaysus. That could have been great.

I think his career post Liverpool indicates he was all a bit 'meh' tbh.

Thought Litmanen was pretty good for us when he played tbh. He suffered with injuries, but he was impactful on the pitch. He was right there scoring a goal that should have won us a Champions League QF before Lucio popped up in the last few minutes to knock us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think his career post Liverpool indicates he was all a bit 'meh' tbh.

Wasnt he played way out of position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

As was Rafa

Pretty sure he subbed him later just because of that moment

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wasnt he played way out of position?

You know, in the final analysis, who cares? Sahin had a ton of hype at the time and there was one very vocal poster in here pushing him as the second coming of the second coming but - irrespective of whether Rodgers used him appropriately or not - he had a very limited impact for us and has continued to display very limited impact since returning to Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I'd like us to have a go for Toby A in the Summer. If you're not in, you can't win.

This!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

x43r0 wrote: »

Saw that on the CL highlights package, div! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I vaguely remember him being subbed after that, is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I remember Sahin being good for Liverpool in the games he played. Had a good link up with Suarez.

Was surprised he was let go in January of 2013. But Rodgers naturally was often harder on players he didn't sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'd agree with this deny dent deny, then buy buy buy at the end of the season . That being said, if Karius plays like the Neuer understudy we thought we were getting till the end of the season , I can see the logic in going big in the 2 positions that can best protect him ie. The defence and midfield rather then going big on Alisson or Oblak and short changing the other positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Instead of vvd being a leader for lovren and matip how about ship those 2 duds and get in another leader,then we'd have 2

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Instead of vvd being a leader for lovren and matip how about ship those 2 duds and get in another leader,then we'd have 2

And then we'd have Gomez and Klavan as backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

And then we'd have Gomez and Klavan as backup

I'd rather them then the other 2 anyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think Matip should be re-purposed as an aux DM, where he started his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I think Matip should be re-purposed as an aux DM, where he started his career

He's turns like a bus and seems way too slow for that position. I just couldn't see him being able to keep up with midfield runners or a clever no.10 dropping in and around him and against weaker teams we rarely need a dedicated DM.

When he tries to step up to cut out a ball and misses, he's dead and is of no use to the team because of his lack of speed and mobility.

Looks like Salah loves the new song.

https://twitter.com/22mosalah/status/964135621873864705

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Yep. Agree with this.
    Ngog leading the line for a few games killed us when Torres was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I really think if Klopp signs another CB Matip will be the one to miss out and if he doesn't buy one Matip will become third choice over the next few months and be contending with Gomez for the third CB spot next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's absolutely mental how incredible VVD already looks. Like how in the hell did we go so long without Klopp addressing that issue? He looks so commanding on crosses/corners, aggressive in the tackle when it counts. It's brilliant we have him, but infuriating we put up with the absolute sh!thouse defence for so long. I'm not saying he's God's gift, but compared to what we're used to.....

Part of me feared Klopp would die on his sword of stubbornness and stick with the same sh!tty back 5 til the bitter end. At least he's made it past that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's absolutely mental how incredible VVD already looks. Like how in the hell did we go so long without Klopp addressing that issue? He looks so commanding on crosses/corners, aggressive in the tackle when it counts. It's brilliant we have him, but infuriating we put up with the absolute sh!thouse defence for so long. I'm not saying he's God's gift, but compared to what we're used to.....

Part of me feared Klopp would die on his sword of stubbornness and stick with the same sh!tty back 5 til the bitter end. At least he's made it past that.

Because Virgil is the only man he wanted to fix that issue. And what a job he is doing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Clyne back in training with everyone else. That has to be a bonus.
    Have looked dodgy at rightback more than once this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capture54.jpg

• Advertisement

Clynes hairline hasn't been defending very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fromvert wrote: »
    I really think if Klopp signs another CB Matip will be the one to miss out and if he doesn't buy one Matip will become third choice over the next few months and be contending with Gomez for the third CB spot next year.

As much as Matip hasn't lived up to the promise of his first 8 or so games for us, I'd still take him ahead of Lovren. I'd like to see him get a run beside VvD.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Clyne back in training with everyone else. That has to be a bonus.
    Have looked dodgy at rightback more than once this season.

I can't see him getting a game for a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Clynes hairline hasn't been defending very well.

He is suited to a high line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully getting Clyne back means we get to see a bit more of Gomez at centre back. It’s without a doubt his long-term natural position, it’s just a case of whether he fulfils his potential or not. He isn’t going to be our first choice right back for the next ten years, not the way he plays the position anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement