Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

noodler wrote: »
    Haven't seen it but guardian, sky and BBC all say it was a peno.

Ah there was a bit of contact alright but he went down like he jumped from a springboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have you ever seen the BBC, or Sky (not sure about the guardian), or indeed any UK based media call out Alli/Kane/etc on a dive???

Perfect result really...

I'd prefer to see the incident before I made a judgement.

Just thought it was worth noting three UK media outlets, two of which non-Sky, were unequivocal. Versus a poster on the Liverpool thread on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Well done Rochdale, extra time at Wembley would be fantastic pls.

Looking forward to a solid home display versus West Ham on Saturday, 3 points and there is extra pressure on Spurs versus Palace on Monday night. Reckon the Chelsea Manu game will be low score draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'd prefer to see the incident before I made a judgement.

Just thought it was worth noting three UK media outlets, two of which non-Sky, were unequivocal. Versus a poster on the Liverpool thread on boards.
    Only one of those (sky, bbc, the guardian, random Liverpool thread poster on boards.ie) is a reputable source...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Augeo wrote: »
    Once the release clause is met the player is the one who decides if he goes or stays :)
    Throwing in excess of the release clause at the club is nothing short of lunacy.

Point 1, his release clause doesn't activate for another year. Jumping in now and offering slightly more (I don't agree with double the price, just fyi) to get the sea;l done. Also avoiding the better positioned suitors a la Madrid, Bayer, Juve, Barca etc. Not saying it would happen as AC admitted it was fantasy football stuff, though would be a logical attempt.

Point 2, is that not exactly what we did to sign Keita? Afaik, his release clause was £48 million, and we're paying a substantial premium to get ahead of the queue. I don't remember you saying it was lunacy when the deal was announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only one of those (sky, bbc, the guardian, random Liverpool thread poster on boards.ie) is a reputable source...

But I thought the issue was that they are British (English)?

Are you saying the three guys on live commentary are all lieing because of their bias (English) or because they are less than reputable?

Anyway, I'll leave the Spurs debate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Remember our VAR penalty against West Brom? Salah was slightly touched and went down like a sack of spuds, it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lets hand Keita back to RB since it's luncy to pay over the release clause now that would be a good idea.

Lets stop this transfer madness and go follow Juve and Munich route and just sign all the free agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Remember our VAR penalty against West Brom? Salah was slightly touched and went down like a sack of spuds, it happens.

You mean the stone wall peno when he was dragged back to stop him getting to a cross?

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »
    Point 1, his release clause doesn't activate for another year. Jumping in now and offering slightly more (I don't agree with double the price, just fyi) to get the sea;l done. Also avoiding the better positioned suitors a la Madrid, Bayer, Juve, Barca etc. Not saying it would happen as AC admitted it was fantasy football stuff, though would be a logical attempt.

Point 2, is that not exactly what we did to sign Keita? Afaik, his release clause was £48 million, and we're paying a substantial premium to get ahead of the queue. I don't remember you saying it was lunacy when the deal was announced.

My comments were in relation to throwing a 60m bid at spurs for a player 6 months in advance if the release clause being active :)

Nothing at all akin to the keita situation & the money involved wasn't exactly a substantial premium iirc.

The keita deal is great from a getting your target perspective.... there is of course another risk introduced.... you effectively have a player on loan for a season & he could get injured playing for another club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ndidi and Werner would be my two top targets for this summer. Young, hungry and both have the potential to be world class. Then one of leon bailey, brandt or pulisic as an attacking wide player.

Will be interesting to see how fast prem teams get their buisness done this summer with the world cup and with the transfer window now closing earlier than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

More successful than anyone in our current squad yet more maligned?!

Look at Pique at Barca. An below average player who could not make it in premier league. Over the years lots of clubs have been in need of a CB , no one knocked on Barca's door to inquire about him. But look at his medals, geez.
    Great teams can carry poor individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Look at Pique at Barca. An below average player who could not make it in premier league. Over the years lots of clubs have been in need of a CB , no one knocked on Barca's door to inquire about him. But look at his medals, geez.
    Great teams can carry poor individuals.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The top target in the summer has to be a goalkeeper. I wouldn't be getting sucked in by karius having a few decent performances and making a few saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rekop dog wrote: »
    :pac:

There are multiple fail videos dedicated to Pique on Youtube, and plenty of footage to choose from.
    He's an average player in a great team. No one is looking for him and never will, no one bidding on him ever.
    5m is total transfer fees that have exchanged hands in his whole career, and even that was too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

There are multiple fail videos dedicated to Pique on Youtube, and plenty of footage to choose from.

I'm sure the same can be said for 1000s of good footballers. What an invalid point to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Every single time :)

Looks like the club are trying to tie Fun Bobby, Mane and Salah all down to new and improved long term contracts.

Good.

Its crazy to think Sturridge earns more than all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They should just divvy up the 150,000 a week he gets. That I can think of the pay rise in those terms shows just how crazy money gets pissed away on certain players.

• Advertisement

Firmino and Mane I imagine will stay. Salah will attract interest no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No way is Salah leaving

for less than £200m :p I think he'll be happy to stay for another season to defend the Champions League trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm hoping that Salah might just want to settle somewhere for a few years and sees Merseyside as the perfect location.;)

He's had a fair few clubs in short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

I would also like to see us sign a world class goalkeeper in the summer. Most big clubs have a top keeper. Since we let Reina go in bizarre fashion I think that has been a big weakness. I really hope we keep salah. It's a real shame that for such a big club, we sell too many of our best players over the years which is probably why we never win anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

He's an average player in a great team. No one is looking for him and never will, no one bidding on him ever.
    5m is total transfer fees that have exchanged hands in his whole career, and even that was too much.

He's a £5m better footballer than Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard so. Ergo, Pique is world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well with that weekend result in the FA Cup Southampton beating WBA there will be no more weekends off now apart from the International break in March

Well with that weekend result in the FA Cup Southampton beating WBA there will be no more weekends off now apart from the International break in March

Probably a good thing - otherwise the fixture against WBA would need to be played midweek later in the season, probably sandwiched in between two very important weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Our 6 home games are must wins, I just hope we can beat West ham Saturday, It'll put massive pressure on the United V Chelsea game,
    Win our next 2 (Westham & Newcastle)  and we could lose at old Trafford  and still be in the top 4
    Two easy games on paper with such huge importance to our season ,we need to keep the pressure on ,

bloody Burnley v Southampton is the 3pm Sky Ireland game on Saturday. Sh1tty dribbly river it is so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bloody Burnley v Southampton is the 3pm Sky Ireland game on Saturday. Sh1tty dribbly river it is so!

You'd wonder what size an audience they'd get for that. Probably limited to people who can't find the remote.
    Remember years ago some EU authority saying it was important Sky don't have a monopoly. I ended up with three subscriptions at one point Sky Sports, BT and Setanta which was costing me a fortune to watch stuff like this. Although in fairness there's a lot more games televised now.

• Advertisement

Our 6 home games are must wins.........,

I reckon with 54 points and 11 games to go we have a bit of breathing space. 22/23 points should secure top4.

Must win isn't where we're at yet IMO for any game.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You'd wonder what size an audience they'd get for that. Probably limited to people who can't find the remote.
    Remember years ago some EU authority saying it was important Sky don't have a monopoly. I ended up with three subscriptions at one point Sky Sports, BT and Setanta which was costing me a fortune to watch stuff like this. Although in fairness there's a lot more games televised now.

Pretty sure they have a quota to fill to show certain teams a fixed amount, but that really is the most unattractive fixture you could think of, all season, let alone that weekend!

It's a tough one for sure, I wonder if we'll ever see a per team subscription outside of the standard sub.

Pretty sure they have a quota to fill to show certain teams a fixed amount, but that really is the most unattractive fixture you could think of, all season, let alone that weekend!

It's a tough one for sure, I wonder if we'll ever see a per team subscription outside of the standard sub.

I can think of a hell of a lot worse games to be honest at least both these teams try to play football.

WBA vs Stoke.

WBA vs Anyone.

Stoke vs Anyone.

I can think of a hell of a lot worse games to be honest at least both these teams try to play football.

WBA vs Stoke.

WBA vs Anyone.

Stoke vs Anyone.

Burnley try to play football? I dunno, I think we're splitting hairs deciding whether Burnley, WBA, Stoke, or Southampton are worse to watch!! Obviously you can add United to that list :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, they are only allowed to show a team a certain amount in a season. We may have already reached that limit, not sure.

Burnley try to play football? I dunno, I think we're splitting hairs deciding whether Burnley, WBA, Stoke, or Southampton are worse to watch!! Obviously you can add United to that list :pac:

Not really I'd watch Burnley & Southampton over nearly half the PL to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like watching Burnley :/

To each their own. It would be the least attractive of the 3pm kick offs even this Saturday to me:

AFC Bournemouth vs Newcastle United
    Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City
    Burnley vs Southampton
    Liverpool vs West Ham United
    West Bromwich Albion vs Huddersfield Town

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Coin toss with wba Huddersfield for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

reddit soccer streams for sources, install Ace Stream (there are loads of guides on how to use it) rarely missed a game when living abroad for donkeys years.

Why would anyone watch a game that didnt have Liverpool in it anyway,only time I'd ever watch other teams playing would be if I was in the pub and even then I'd only be glancing at it,highlights or motd is enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why would anyone watch a game that didnt have Liverpool in it anyway,only time I'd ever watch other teams playing would be if I was in the pub and even then I'd only be glancing at it,highlights or motd is enough

So how can you comment on future opponents or potential transfers then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I dunno, expand your football knowledge maybe?

• Liking the sport
    • Fantasy Football
    • Interested in other results that effect Liverpool
    • ...liking the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Grayditch wrote: »
    • Liking the sport
    • Fantasy Football
    • Interested in other results that effect Liverpool
    • ...liking the sport.

Utter nonsense. You people actually enjoy this stuff!? :eek::P

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying it a lot more lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Grayditch wrote:
    I'm enjoying it a lot more lately!

Is it bad to say that sometimes when Liverpool lose I avoid MOTD & maybe even other PL games that weekend. I'd watch another league instead. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't think I've watched a MOTD/highlights Liverpool game ever when they lose. I tell I lie I saw the Sunderland game where the beachball scored as I really didn't fcuking believe what I heard on the radio.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is it bad to say that sometimes when Liverpool lose I avoid MOTD & maybe even other PL games that weekend. I'd watch another league instead. :o

Agreed. When Liverpool win I enjoy MOTD with a few cans. If they lose or have an otherwise poor result, I avoid both!

murpho999 wrote: »
    So how can you comment on future opponents or potential transfers then?

I watch Highlights

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement