Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is it bad to say that sometimes when Liverpool lose I avoid MOTD & maybe even other PL games that weekend. I'd watch another league instead. :o

I never watch it if Liverpool lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why support a club if you don’t enjoy the sport in general? That’s directed at a lot of people btw, not just one here. It’s baffling tbh. I watch at least four games a week (more if there’s midweek games) from various leagues, but mainly the PL and Ligue 1. I wouldn’t feel qualified to give opinions on potential transfer targets if I hadn’t seen them play at least one full game (or at the very least read plenty about them from well respected football journalists). Highlights mean nothing, you could easily put together a two minute video that makes Lovren look like a solid defender.

I’m sure those aren’t going to be popular opinions here but that’s just the way I feel about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

jebidiah wrote: »
    reddit soccer streams for sources, install Ace Stream (there are loads of guides on how to use it) rarely missed a game when living abroad for donkeys years.

Dont tell the world!

I reckon acestream is a sand-pit test box for future paid streaming apps, it usually has a range of resolutions for the Pool matches anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This season I almost only watch Liverpool games, with a few others thrown in. This is due to the rearing of a future Liverpool fan though (his only other option is to have no interest in football), so once I secured permission rights to the Liverpool games I can gradually reintroduce others as time goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If I miss a game which is rare, or want to figure out what went badly wrong if we fell apart, I might watch the extended highlights, but usually I won't be running to revisit a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

5starpool wrote: »
    This season I almost only watch Liverpool games, with a few others thrown in. This is due to the rearing of a future Liverpool fan though (his only other option is to have no interest in football), so once I secured permission rights to the Liverpool games I can gradually reintroduce others as time goes on.

Prudent approach to the indoctrination process

martyos121 wrote: »
    Why support a club if you don’t enjoy the sport in general? That’s directed at a lot of people btw, not just one here. It’s baffling tbh. I watch at least four games a week (more if there’s midweek games) from various leagues, but mainly the PL and Ligue 1. I wouldn’t feel qualified to give opinions on potential transfer targets if I hadn’t seen them play at least one full game (or at the very least read plenty about them from well respected football journalists). Highlights mean nothing, you could easily put together a two minute video that makes Lovren look like a solid defender.

I’m sure those aren’t going to be popular opinions here but that’s just the way I feel about it.

I love the sport,I just have no interest in other clubs I just want us to beat them,I can't for the life of me watch man utd for example
    I enjoy watching the world cup and euros though,I can't stand utd,Chelsea,spurs so why would I want to watch them,as I said I can get all I need from motd highlights of other clubs,you get the good and bad of their games in 5 mins job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Another week of talking about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

emo72 wrote: »

unfortunately :)

By all means lads, kick it off there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I can think of a hell of a lot worse games to be honest at least both these teams try to play football.

WBA vs Stoke.

WBA vs Anyone.

Stoke vs Anyone.

Then there was that time I watched Anyone vs Anyone. Can't remember who was at home but it was a serious borefest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    Then there was that time I watched Anyone vs Anyone. Can't remember who was at home but it was a serious borefest.

Is that the game they were managed by Jose and Big Sam.

You wait all day for a bus to come along then two park up at the same time.

It was actually West Brom. They had borrowed a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

emo72 wrote: »

Champions League tomorrow, some great games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I love the sport,I just have no interest in other clubs I just want us to beat them,I can't for the life of me watch man utd for example
    I enjoy watching the world cup and euros though,I can't stand utd,Chelsea,spurs so why would I want to watch them,as I said I can get all I need from motd highlights of other clubs,you get the good and bad of their games in 5 mins job done

To be fair not even their own fans can tolerate the football served up :pac:

Highlights just show goals and near goals, without watching the actual match you miss that great pass they made, that excellent piece of defending. Like I couldnt form any opinion on a liverpool player's performace in a match just by watching MOTD. Sure the analysts will sometimes highlight a players performance but its usually tedious and probably bores like Danny Murphy and Phil Neville talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

shamrock55 wrote: »
    martyos121 wrote: »

I adore the game always have always will but with age I get the chance to watch less and less, so at the moment its Liverpool games only, Its just not practical to spend my time watching other games on tv to much going on with work , missus and a young daughter , If we get round to having a son it'll be an excuse to watch more games again to teach him the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Uses same typeface as the Scum.

Its a quite common typeface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its a quite common typeface apparently.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Has anyone tried turning happyoutscan off and then on again?

The S** has a Franklin Gothic Heavy typeface....spply looks more of a Serenity Bold Italic to me........how embarrassing for Harry.....

corwill wrote: »
    Has anyone tried turning happyoutscan off and then on again?

He made 3 very valid points though in fairness to him.....

Is Boards under attack again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

tis fierce slow loading pages for me anyway.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    The S** has a Franklin Gothic Heavy typeface....spply looks more of a Serenity Bold Italic to me........how embarrassing for Harry.....

TYPEFACE NERD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pretty much how I became a Liverpool fan wasnt given a choice in the matter

Jaysus, I hope not. The thread is still recovering.

k0gKG1X.jpg

NukaCola wrote: »
    He made 3 very valid points though in fairness to him.....

I expected his grammar to improve the third time he posted it. Alas.....

Lazio have confirmed this evening that de Vrij will be leaving in the summer for free after withdrawing there new contract offer to him.

Jump all over that quickly.

A Double Dutch CB partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Seems Keita has done his hamstring.

brevity wrote: »
    Seems Keita has done his hamstring.

Was about to post that he'd been hooked on 61 mins. Balls to that if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Was about to post that he'd been hooked on 61 mins. Balls to that if it's true.

Era, he'll probably be grand

Saw a few tweets that he was having a great game:

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/965684543498981376

Let it be semi serious and have it end his season so he doesn't have to play for RB again this season and can go house hunting in Liverpool.

Get a good recovery and holiday in before starting preseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

League 1 Wigan Athletic knock Man City out of the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I expected his grammar to improve the third time he posted it. Alas.....

I'm sorry.

Paul Cook is a Scouser of course, was he the one who had Sligo playing like Brazil? I remember a bit of a meme (before anyone knew that word existed) about it.

Paul Cook is a Scouser of course, was he the one who had Sligo playing like Brazil? I remember a bit of a meme (before anyone knew that word existed) about it.

That's him. Better times for the bit'o'red than the last few seasons.

I thought that City team was the greatest of all time? Fair play to Wigan, even if we have to hear about the "magic" of the FA cup for a few weeks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's him. Better times for the bit'o'red than the last few seasons.

We will rise again.

• Advertisement

Amazing stuff by Wigan,and I even watched the last 20 mins,that's why the fa cup is the greatest cup competition in world football,maybe not the most prestigious but the best definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That is just a United game

We will rise again.

It has been years since I was at an LOI game, I'm more of a casual follower of Rovers than anything (as in I look out for the results more than actually know anything about the team), but I remember being in school during the 93/94 season when they won the FAI Cup, Division 1 and the D1 Shield (now that's a treble!) and the buzz around the showgrounds was great. I think I went to about 10-12 games that season including the cup semi and the final against Derry. Great buzz. Pity Willie McStay left after that.

It has been years since I was at an LOI game, I'm more of a casual follower of Rovers than anything (as in I look out for the results more than actually know anything about the team), but I remember being in school during the 93/94 season when they won the FAI Cup, Division 1 and the D1 Shield (now that's a treble!) and the buzz around the showgrounds was great. I think I went to about 10-12 games that season including the cup semi and the final against Derry. Great buzz. Pity Willie McStay left after that.

Showing your bona fides there - knowing that there is only one Rovers. ;):D

I'm sorry.

Ah, much better. Bravo. ;)

Showing your bona fides there - knowing that there is only one Rovers. ;):D

Well obviously I'm not talking about Shams. I'd never be let back in the county if I called that lot Rovers. Never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

I might be premature here but...

Firmino: not a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I meant to go last Friday night but something came up and I couldn't. Haven't been for a while either but intend to go to a few games this season. My 6 year old daughter loves football but hasn't been to a game yet so I've promised her this season.

• Advertisement

I meant to go last Friday night but something came up and I couldn't. Haven't been for a while either but intend to go to a few games this season. My 6 year old daughter loves football but hasn't been to a game yet so I've promised her this season.

You were bloody blessed. Awful it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement