Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    You were bloody blessed. Awful it was.

Aye, I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Didn't realise there were so many Rovers fans on here [we know which Rovers we are talking about :pac:]

But bleak enough start alright. Need more urgency and ideas on Friday against Derry.

Anyway, to prevent going off topic, regarding Liverpool, 2018/19 will be our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Premierleague.com doing a "race for the golden boot" series. Some good analysis of goals etc, it features salah, kane and aguero - not sure how many parts there are but this one looks at the importance of the strikes, with salah leading with 13 points.

Kale Salad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tabloids have us linked to Abdoulaye Doucoure of Watford again today. Quotes from him (reprinted on F365, which references Telefoot who I know nothing about so enjoy this with a chunk of salt) said it's between us, Spurs and Arsenal, and that he favours a move to Arsenal.
    “It’s true that these clubs are interested,” he told Telefoot when asked whether he was being monitored by Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham.

“But I’m at Watford for the moment and I want to finish my season well.”

Doucoure was then put to the test in a quickfire Q&A session, and was asked whether he would join Arsenal or Tottenham if given the choice.

“Arsenal because of Arsene Wenger,” he replied.

He's looked a good player, it has to be said. I have also been very impressed by Ndidi of Leicester but would imagine that he will cost a fortune if he moves. Very highly rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We should be all over DeVrij, wonder if we can get him on a pre-contract like we did with Matip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Vicxas wrote: »
    We should be all over DeVrij, wonder if we can get him on a pre-contract like we did with Matip.
    Is he good ? who would you compare him to , I haven't seen him play much at all .
    Is he quick , good in the air, good passer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Football 365 used to to be such a great site shame it's gone to **** now and just turned into a copy and paste tabloid peice of ****e

Football 365 used to to be such a great site shame it's gone to **** now and just turned into a copy and paste tabloid peice of ****e

Yeah it's poor enough - I blame myself for clicking the link on Twitter. Not sure what I had expected!

The nonsense they put on social media grates on me more than the content on their site.

"The 10 Best Players in the PL this season. We can't believe Jon Flanagan/United fringe player/Arsenal fringe player didn't make it either."

LOL. Guys. F*cking LOL.

This 'bantz-ification' of football coverage on social media pisses me off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gone to the dogs. I liked the way they used to mock the absurdity of some tabloids. Now the put mails from idiots as their headlines.

"KANE WILL SIGN FOR LEICESTER"
    'according to this crazy mail we got'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I dunno, I find their F365 Says opinion pieces to be great. Daniel Storey is a brilliant writer. 16 conclusions and winners/losers are always worth a read. But the site as a whole is just one big clickbait exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ever since they did this partnership with planetfootball everything is just an offsite link now.

I miss the old site. What sites do you guys use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

People talking about De Vrij as a possible signing now iv never seen him play much so I cant really comment on what he's like, but I think we should look at Jamaal Lascelles at Newcastle , I think this guy will go on to be a top class centre back, He's got it all and he's a real leader to,
    I'm really surprised he hasn't got a run out for England yet,

Grayditch wrote: »
    Gone to the dogs. I liked the way they used to mock the absurdity of some tabloids. Now the put mails from idiots as their headlines.

"KANE WILL SIGN FOR LEICESTER"
    'according to this crazy mail we got'

Yep - this, too. I remember opening the site after we lost to Swansea. Saw the Mailbox headline - "POOL FANS TURN ON KLOPP" and thought "Righto... *click*"

One letter accredited to a Liverpool fan saying he thought Klopp had gotten the tactics wrong on the day and was worried about the loss of Coutinho, several more saying largely positive things. No major complaints, no "turning on Klopp"...

F365 isn't the worst offender, but they do bother me. Often, Daniel Storey can come up with good points but, often, a lot of what they say is wrapped in verbose over-explanation. I often find myself agreeing with the basis of an article and just getting irritated by the way they've presented it!!

I don't get to read as much of any site any more but when I do, for news, it tends to be the BBC or the Guardian. For feature things, usually both of those and I follow a heap of writers on Twitter who will point to good one-off bits on any number of sites.

Rory Smith of the New York Times is a brilliant and interesting writer too.

I avoid Sky as I don't particularly like the layout of the site plus, the affiliation with Sky Bet is problematic IMO. Sky reports a manager in trouble, odds on a replacement go down, money thrown on it via Sky Bet, Sky debunk story. Manager stays. Same with player transfers quite often. It's not right!

I actually find more time for Podcasts now - the Guardian Football Weekly and Football Extra, and the Totally Football Show, hosted by James Richardson, formerly of the Guardian's show.

Neither are perfect but I can put them on while out walking so it keeps me connected. Prefer the Totally Show as it includes a bit Euro-focused stuff, which is interesting and I don't get it from elsewhere usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I dunno, I find their F365 Says opinion pieces to be great. Daniel Storey is a brilliant writer. 16 conclusions and winners/losers are always worth a read. But the site as a whole is just one big clickbait exercise.

The website has gone a bit **** but I 100% agree regarding Storey. I always seek out his pieces. This on Klopp a few weeks back was great.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-is-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-not-in-his-element-now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Vicxas wrote: »

Has Inter Milan freebie written all over it, but would be a good pickup for Lovren's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The website has gone a bit **** but I 100% agree regarding Storey. I always seek out his pieces. This on Klopp a few weeks back was great.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-is-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-not-in-his-element-now

John Nicholson's seemed a decent read wherever I've seen a link to his articles. He's from that parish, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just read that Coutinho had his car towed and his house burgled all in the one day yesterday.

I’m hoping it’s an elaborate ploy by Klopp to scare Firmino and Salah off ever leaving us. A George Bluth style lesson.

How's the little f3cker doing? I see he came on as a 2nd half sub in the last game, still no goals or assists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How's the little f3cker doing? I see he came on as a 2nd half sub in the last game, still no goals or assists?

who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

He has 1 goal in the Copa del Rey. Hasn't done much else.

Barca will have their league won by the end of April, and possibly the Copa too. 2 medals for 3 months work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

He's scored one hasn't he?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just read that Coutinho had his car towed and his house burgled all in the one day yesterday.

I’m hoping it’s an elaborate ploy by Klopp to scare Firmino and Salah off ever leaving us. A George Bluth style lesson.

Just as well nothing like that could ever happen to any Liverpool player!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

shamrock55 wrote: »
    He's scored one hasn't he?

Opening/clinching goal in the Copa del Rey semifinal at Valencia. Big goal, but not the greatest of starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    Just as well nothing like that could ever happen to any Liverpool player!

They’d do it to anyone in Liverpool though, not just rich footballers. It’s an equal opportunities system. Much more progressive than those Barcelona gangsters.

Madrid's PR paper Marca are loving the Coutinho move anyway with loads of stories of a squad in turmoil over him being there and what a bad deal it was for Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Squad turmoil? Sure their entire squad came out publicly at different stages to tell him to join :pac:

who cares

Sure who cares about anything.

Close the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    Squad turmoil? Sure their entire squad came out publicly at different stages to tell him to join :pac:

The moral and intellectual degeneracy of the average Spanish football journalist is almost impressive, in terms of depths plumbed. It would even put it up to some of the 'regulars' here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Close the thread!

Mods, pin this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Close the thread!

Post of the day.

brevity wrote: »
    Post of the day.

fe24zwdrfwkz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Madrid's PR paper Marca are loving the Coutinho move anyway with loads of stories of a squad in turmoil over him being there and what a bad deal it was for Barca.

a see a rumour floating around that he's gonna change his nationality to Portuguese so that Barca can sign some lad from Gremio...

Seemingly some other Barca player done it a while back and used his wife's nationality (Italian)...

from 90mins. website

Post He's a bit static but probably moves faster than Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mada999 wrote: »
    a see a rumour floating around that he's gonna change his nationality to Portuguese so that Barca can sign some lad from Gremio...

Seemingly some other Barca player done it a while back and used his wife's nationality (Italian)...

from 90mins. website

Makes sense to be honest. I don't think it's changing your nationality as much as just gaining dual citizenship, for practical purposes.

I mean, he'll still be Brazilian, he'll still play for Brazil, he'll just also have an EU passport, which makes life easier for everyone involved for working in Europe.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I might be premature here but...

Firmino: not a racist.

I contacted the FA for an update and got this official response.

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Still trying to install the updates for VAR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Dembele cost as much as Phil and has had less of a impact, injured a while and homesick

brevity wrote: »
    Post of the day.
    fe24zwdrfwkz.jpg

07QSwxY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    07QSwxY.jpg

Is he related to Offt Der Wuudwork?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is he related to Offt Der Wuudwork?

I really should have just slapped Moreno's face on it in paint.

• Advertisement

I've said it before and I'll say it again I'd love us to try and sign Willian.

Chelsea don't seem to have a problem selling to rivals either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully we get Barcelona next round if they go through. Think we would have a great chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's playing very well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It took Chelsea a while to grow into the game, it looked like it was going to be 90 mins of defending for a while. They've had 2 shots hit the woodwork, so a bit unlucky not to be in the lead. I see stats on TV3 now saying 29% possession for Chelsea which is what I'd imagine we'd see if we played Barca.

I'm really not sure who I want to see win this. I'd be more confident coming up against Chelsea, but knocking Barca out would be fantastic if we could do it.

He’s pure class. Always busts a gut too, constantly running. He’d fit seemlessly into our front 3, or as a midfielder against the weaker teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Just scored. He’s been brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well deserved goal for the player, I was willian him on to score....:)

Willian has been mustard, if Suarez was mustard he'd be American. Yeuck

This Chelsea team might yet take points off the greatest Man United team ever coached by the best manager ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The calm old head on iniesta.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement