Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Too much love, however tangental or indirect, for Chelsea in here tonight, ya sick ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Has Messi ever scored against Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

corwill wrote: »
    Too much love, however tangental or indirect, for Chelsea in here tonight, ya sick ****s.

Its strange one all right but when you take into consideration of how many times Barca has bended Liverpool over, its kind of understandable.

I also like a couple of the Chelsea players as well as Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

robwen wrote: »

Havent played Barca much competitively have we? Over 10 years ago I'd say. There was that friendly we beat them 4-0 in the last few years I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had to google it but we've lost twice to Barcelona in 8 games. One of those was 1-0 and the other was a 1-3 loss at Anfield, in 2001. Don't think Messi scored against us. Actually both losses were at Anfield and we knocked them out anyway the last time. We're like their bogey side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nope. 12 teams before tonight that he had played against and never scored.

Gramenet
    Udinese
    Cadiz
    Real Murcia
    Al Sadd
    Girona
    Liverpool
    Benfica
    Xerez
    Inter Milan
    Rubin Kazan
    Chelsea

corwill wrote: »

Don't know if it's my stream or not, but the atmosphere for such a game is atrocious. Listening to your mate play fifa in the next room has more of an audible impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Knex. wrote: »
    Nah. Just quoting a tweet from 101 goals. The tweet is massive though, so didn't want to embed.

My joke post died as it was based on a lot of question marks in your first post, prolly a chrome mobile browser error.

My joke post died as it was based on a lot of question marks in your first post, prolly a chrome mobile browser error.

Ahh, makes sense. When I first pasted in the tweet it looked like it was keeping the club flags, but when the post submitted they all turned to question marks. I quickly edited :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard having a late night before his big game against utd tomorrow afternoon which is live on BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Gerrard having a late night before his big game against utd tomorrow afternoon which is live on BT.

I heard he's going to have some Red Bull and Haribo when he gets home too, such a naughty boy.

giphy.gif

Knex. wrote: »
    Nope. 12 teams before tonight that he had played against and never scored.

Gramenet
    Udinese
    Cadiz
    Real Murcia
    Al Sadd
    Girona
    Liverpool
    Benfica
    Xerez
    Inter Milan
    Rubin Kazan
    Chelsea

Looks like he has played against us twice competitively, 2 last 16 legs in 07, we won 2-1 away Deco opened scoring before Bellamy & Riise won it & Barca won the 2nd leg 0-1 Gudjohnsen with the winner

Bellamy & Riise

Was that the golf club game?

Was that the golf club game?

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I wouldn't fear Barce in the slightest, Munich on the other hand look pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I wouldn't fear Barce in the slightest, Munich on the other hand look pretty good

Meh I wouldn't 'fear' any of them as such, we could beat both of them. I didn't see Bayern tonight and I presume you didn't as you only watch Liverpool but Bayern playing for 70 odd mins at home to besiktas with 11v10 I wouldn't be reading too much into that scoreline tbh. I'd rather play Bayern than Barca if I was forced to choose.

I would prefer to avoid the other English clubs in the quarter finals

Meh I wouldn't 'fear' any of them as such, we could beat both of them. I didn't see Bayern tonight and I presume you didn't as you only watch Liverpool but Bayern playing for 70 odd mins at home to besiktas with 11v10 I wouldn't be reading too much into that scoreline tbh. I'd rather play Bayern than Barca if I was forced to choose.

Lol I watched highlights of both alright , i watched the last 20mins of the Wigan match last night,I'm gone mad altogether for watching the football

I'm the same,except utd,I'd love to get them they would be very beatable over 2 legs

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where the boss sessions(gigs) are held in Liverpool after games,I'd love to go when I'm next over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the boss sessions(gigs) are held in Liverpool after games,I'd love to go when I'm next over

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/bruce-springsteen-perform-liverpool-says-12056689

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Glory Days' goes down really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I could live with City and Chelsea. As for United if it has to happen I'd prefer it to be at the end in a one off game.

Only teams I would like to avoid in the quarters are them and Bayern. The rest don't cause me too much concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd prefer if Utd were given a sound thrashing both tonight and in the second leg and then we wouldn't have to worry about them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I'd prefer if Utd were given a sound thrashing both tonight and in the second leg and then we wouldn't have to worry about them at all.

Nah a 3-1 home win tonight so they have something to play for in the 2nd leg and have one eye on that when they play Liverpool on March 10th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nah a 3-1 home win tonight so they have something to play for in the 2nd leg and have one eye on that when they play Liverpool on March 10th

Even a 1-0 would be great as they will need to go balls out to make sure they win.

Gerrards team vs utd in the youth CL is live on UEFA.tv's official Youtube channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

1.0 Woodburn

• Advertisement

Bobby Adekanye looks like a player for the future.

Utd hit the crossbar against the run of play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Bobby Adekanye looks like a player for the future.

He does - certainly not afraid to take the ball and run and some decent passes where he's shown he's aware of what's going on around him. Maybe one to take on the pre-season tour to the US and give him some exposure to the senior squad...

shhh don't talk about the youth game, you might be called a gloater if Liverpool happen to win and going for every little victory a club in decline can get :pac:

Bobby Adekanye should have passed there the No 8 - Herbie kane was well placed.

Curtis Jones with a nice attempt nearly curled it in.

Chong is a real handful.

WHAT A GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! :D

What a sweet strike by Comacho!!! Outside of the right corner of the box to the bottom left hand corner - quality shot... 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

That was a beauty great goal by him.

Badly needed as we were hanging on

• Advertisement

Sweet, job done - City next in the QF.

Liverpool v Man City in the quarters. Should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

That's an awful result for the famed Man Utd academy.

They've been having problems at coaching level for quite some time mainly at U23 level with a rapid turnover of managers and some very poor campaigns. Obviously player development is what an academy is ultimately judged on but winning some games is also important.

Speaking of which both of Liverpools sides are in a shocking run of form, dunno how the U23 are still top by the slimmest of margins. With Harry Wilson and Ejaria now on loan and Rhian Brewster crocked I'd say they'll drift down the table a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ya of course, but in my humble opinion a team like Sevilla will be putty in the hands of a team that plays like Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

PhuckHugh wrote: »

They didnt want to win it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

7 weeks later the FA finally announce no charge against firmino.

No action against fun bobby

PhuckHugh wrote: »

Don’t gloat you will upset them

Firmino cleared.

Holdgate hopefully will try to listen more clearly next time.. No other player or ref even reacted.

Serious allegation to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Firmino cleared.

Holdgate hopefully will try to listen more clearly next time.. No other player or ref even reacted.

Serious allegation to make.

Hopefully an apology forthcoming from Holgate, as you say you can't throw around allegations like this willy nilly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement