Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What a twist...

Morzadec wrote: »
    Hopefully an apology forthcoming from Holgate, as you say you can't throw around allegations like this willy nilly.

I think Everton should apologise for being so ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Off to Grand Old Team to see the fume!
    • It is not sufficient to raise a charge, says governing body
    • FA says Holgate made allegation in ‘absolute good faith’

“Having considered all of the available evidence, we consider it is not sufficient to raise a charge against Firmino. However, we are completely satisfied that the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation. We continue to take all allegations of discrimination extremely seriously and would encourage all participants who believe that they have been the subject of or witness to discriminatory abuse to report this through the appropriate channels.”

So a doubt is left about Fun Bobby and Holgate is cleared entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

'...absolute good faith...'

No smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Did anyone see the U19's game Vs United earlier today. Finished 2-0 Liverpool with two very goods goals by Woodburn and Camacho. But what a great goal Camacho scored. There is some talent in the ranks but it's a pity the majority of them probably won't play/make it for the first team.

- sorry just caught up on the thread. Looking forward to the next game against City.

As for Firmino jeez the FA took their sweet time with the whole no charge situation. You bet if he was being charged you would hear about it in 7 days not 7 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm still surprised there was nothing made of Holgate shoving Firmino into the fans in the stand, hate to sound like me mother but he could have hurt someone. Anyways all good it's cleared up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I the end everything has happened exactly as it should have. It just took them about 6 times longer than it should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

still think its poor form of the FA (absolute cants btw) that they didnt say the same about firmino acting in good faith. they left a sneaky boot in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Time well spent by certain quarters on the soccer forum debating the matter based on an absolutely nothing.

But sure we'll never know for certain what....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good stuff, although it should’ve been sorted weeks ago. Reckon that outcome will upset one or two on here.

Everton statement is fairly classless and reads like ‘we still think he’s right.’

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good stuff, although it should’ve been sorted weeks ago. Reckon that outcome will upset one or two on here.

Everton statement is fairly classless and reads like ‘we still think he’s right.’

Yeah, thought Everton statement was a tad bitter. Didn't expect anything else tbh.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, thought Everton statement was a tad bitter. Didn't expect anything else tbh.

Surprised they could muster anything more than ‘Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo’

I gotta be honest, I don't see it being too bitter.
    Everton Football Club acknowledges and appreciates the thoroughness of the FA’s investigation into the incident that took place during our FA Cup third round game on 5 January.

The Club welcomes the FA’s expression of complete satisfaction that the allegation made by our player, Mason Holgate, was done so in absolute good faith, that proper process was followed and that there is no suggestion of malice or dishonesty on Mason’s part.

The Club also welcomes the FA’s commitment to continue to treat all allegations of a discriminatory nature with extreme seriousness. In challenging circumstances, the FA has reached its determination and, as a Club, we accept this. We will continue to offer the full support of the Club to Mason and will make no further comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Be nice all the same if Holgate issued an apology at least to Firmino. Something along the lines of "Sorry mate. I must have misheard".

And sorry for pushing you into the crowd.

• Advertisement

Our statement is very measured and detached which it had to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Sevilla unlucky not to be beating Man Utd at the moment. Some great De Gea saves to keep it scoreless, I wish we had someone as reliable as that between the sticks.

I see in the other game it's Shakhtar 0 - 1 Roma. Would love to get one of those teams in the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Umaro wrote: »
    Sevilla unlucky not to be beating Man Utd at the moment. Some great De Gea saves to keep it scoreless, I wish we had someone as reliable as that between the sticks.

I see in the other game it's Shakhtar 0 - 1 Roma. Would love to get one of those teams in the next round.

I hope to **** we get United! They are a shambles at present, things don't seem well behind the scenes.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I gotta be honest, I don't see it being too bitter.

'In challenging circumstances, the FA has reached its determination and, as a Club, we accept this' reads to me as being along the lines of 'it's a shame the FA couldn't get the job done'.

I mean, what 'challenging circumstances' are they referring to? The challenges posed by a lack of corroboration for Holgate's claims? The challenges of the exculpatory evidence and explanations offered on Bobby's behalf?

It's a weaselly s@#thouse of a statement, and not the least bit surprising or out of character for being so.

Sickeningly good keeper.

I hope to **** we get United! They are a shambles at present, things don't seem well behind the scenes.

The way this game has gone so far just reminds me why I don't want to be near them; the opposition have had the better of it and have missed some very good chances, but it's still 0-0 at HT. This is the kind of crap Mourinho revels in.

• Advertisement

More bad finishing than great saves. Shocking miss from the last chance. It was straight at him despite the save for the camera.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »

His English has come on in leaps and bounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

5starpool wrote: »
    His English has come on in leaps and bounds.

He's had over two months to prepare it. I bet the first draft was much angrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

The way this game has gone so far just reminds me why I don't want to be near them; the opposition have had the better of it and have missed some very good chances, but it's still 0-0 at HT. This is the kind of crap Mourinho revels in.

Yeah, Utd are awful tonight but they have enough quality in there that one of their players might pull it out of the bag. Winning 1-0 away from home would probably be enough to see them into the QF.

Edit: Elsewhere Shakhtar 1 - 1 Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

N'Zonzi been very good tonight so far. Looks like a 6 that would suit us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lukaku picking up things from his International coach there

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He's had over two months to prepare it. I bet the first draft was much angrier.

First draft;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

United are putrid to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Handy for us that United are still fighting coming into the second leg, takes place 3 days after our game with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

**** no. You just know they'll park multuiple busses, the defenders will play blinders and they'll score in the last two minutes of both games. Meanwhile, they'll ship two goals to every team they play both before and after us.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Christ I wish we had a keeper like De Gea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Christ I wish we had a keeper like De Gea.

Christ I’m glad we don’t have a manager like Mourinho.

Christ I’m glad we don’t have a manager like Mourinho.

I hope he stays there for another 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I hope he stays there for another 10 years.

I don't, that will only mean he's a success. Other than that Utd fans will not be able to tolerate the football being served up for another 2 years never mind 10

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't, that will only mean he's a success. Other than that Utd fans will not be able to tolerate the football being served up for another 2 years never mind 10

Ya, I hope they have a new manager every couple of seasons.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I mean 20

Good win for the young lads earlier today.

Nice that Stevie staying up all hours watching Friends on Netflix didn't have a detrimental effect on the team talk he gave them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ardent wrote: »
    United are putrid to watch

Reminded me of our early Benitez years in Europe.

When we played with a far less superior team, put together with a shoe string budget.

I suppose you have to play within your capabilities. :)

Sorry, I mean 20

I don't think you get it. Longevity equals success, fair enough if you want Utd to be successful, I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

**** no. You just know they'll park multuiple busses, the defenders will play blinders and they'll score in the last two minutes of both games. Meanwhile, they'll ship two goals to every team they play both before and after us.

Nah, we win easily over 2 legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Could be big changes in top 4 if Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs win this weekend. We could be 2nd, Chelsea and United joint 3rd and 4th with Spurs a 1pt behind them both. The trend is continuing of Liverpool rising to 2nd and United dropping to 5th. That is what trend is showing last few months.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Reminded me of our early Benitez years in Europe.

When we played with a far less superior team, put together with a shoe string budget.

I suppose you have to play within your capabilities. :)

Yup, just the 6 goals for us in the round-of-16 tie back in 04/05 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Grayditch wrote: »
    No smoke without fire.

Agreed.
    Holdgate is a filthy liar who successfully avoided a card and punishment.
    "The FA took statements from 12 players and officials from both teams, referee Bobby Madley and the fourth official.
    None of those interviewed directly heard the words alleged to have been said by Firmino."

And the FA. 7 weeks later, and no doubt a fortune spent. Should have been resolved at HT, or the day after at the latest. Bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturehgf.jpg

Trend, one team is rising, one is dropping.
    Dec 1st to Today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Agreed.
    Holdgate is a filthy liar who successfully avoided a card and punishment.
    "The FA took statements from 12 players and officials from both teams, referee Bobby Madley and the fourth official.
    None of those interviewed directly heard the words alleged to have been said by Firmino."

And the FA. 7 weeks later, and no doubt a fortune spent. Should have been resolved at HT, or the day after at the latest. Bunch of muppets.

This has been a Fvcking disgrace IMHO.

Anyone unsubstantiated claim, a reputation tarnished on live prime time tv on BBC1, and no punishment. Obviously, there is no place for racism in the game or society on general, but likewise, there is no place for playing the race card for personal gain.
    Has there been an apology issued to Bobby by the Fa, Everton, Holgate, or the BBC /Shearer??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement