Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A £25m buyout clause gets activated in 2109.

Alderweireld wants a pay rise to £150k a week up from from the £50k he is on now to sign a new one with a bigger buyout clause in it.

Levy won't agree to that pay rise and by all accounts in the Times today and other places he is ready to let him go this summer and not lose him next year for £25m instead of paying him the wages.

My guess is Levy would want close to VVD money for him this summer but for the best CB in the PL I'd like to see the club pay it myself.

VVD and Alderweireld as the CB partnership for the next 3/4 seasons would hold us in good stead.

Very smart move by Spurs having the buyout clause he will most likely be dead. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As Agent Coulson says above, Wanyama is the Spurs player we should be going for. His holding and dirty work, with Keita driving and Ox doing a bit of everything including the fast counter would be a mighty midfield.

I like Alderweirelld alot, but would him and VVD compliment each other as a partnership....actually they would.

Sign them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Both ex Southampton as well/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Be surprised if Spurs would sell to us and if they did they'd take us to the cleaners. Ship sailed on Wanyama a long time ago unfortunately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Be surprised if Spurs would sell to us and if they did they'd take us to the cleaners. Ship sailed on Wanyama a long time ago unfortunately.

He's 26, has just come back from injury and looks pretty strong, even managed a belter against us :)
    Every time I've seen him play he works his socks off and closes alot of avenues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's 26, has just come back from injury and looks pretty strong, even managed a belter against us :)
    Every time I've seen him play he works his socks off and closes alot of avenues.

We really should've gone in for Wanyama when he was at Celtic.

I think it was a similar story as with VVD, afraid to take the risk of whether he would adapt to the premier league.

I think it was a similar story as with VVD, afraid to take the risk of whether he would adapt to the premier league.

Its that kind of risk aversion that is costing us major money as we use Southampton as our proxy for buying "Premiership Proven"

On the one hand our scouts are doing some trojan work in uncovering players who's attributes fit in to our system and are hitting the ground running, on the other however there are a number of players I feel we have been a couple of seasons late in signing because of the fear of getting stung along the lines of Aquilani, Jovanovich, Morientes, Aspas et al;

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Its that kind of risk aversion that is costing us major money as we use Southampton as our proxy for buying "Premiership Proven"

On the one hand our scouts are doing some trojan work in uncovering players who's attributes fit in to our system and are hitting the ground running, on the other however there are a number of players I feel we have been a couple of seasons late in signing because of the fear of getting stung along the lines of Aquilani, Jovanovich, Morientes, Aspas et al;

We've been stung too many times in the last 10 years, so I like the idea of buying a mix of premiership provenwith the odd lucky dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lets not forget the importance of the manager in this regard - Rogers was a Prem Proven man which is why Liverpool spent 33 million on Benteke and put Firmino on the right. Clearly had Klopp been in charge that summer there would have been no such confusion. Dalglish likewise with C-H-A-D. Only one of whom was not a total wipeout.

We've been stung too many times in the last 10 years, so I like the idea of buying a mix of premiership provenwith the odd lucky dip.

We've been stung just as much with premiership proven tho.
    Off the top of my head, Adam, Downing, Cole, Carroll, Konchesky, Stewart, Lambert, Bogdan are all dross we've signed as Prem proven.

I'm not listing Keane there as I do feel he was hard done by with Rafa making an example of him as he wasn't a player he wanted.
    But I'm sure other users could add even more to the list of our Prem Proven "failures"

I am a fan of our current recruitment policy, if I could change it...
    It would be just to remove the intermediate step of Southampton/A.N Other prem team before we splurge the cash.
    The statistical tools are there, maybe we need a scouting team with a more risk willing approach but even that I think is slowly coming.

Klopp is happy to identify a target and brook no alternative, I think it says volumes to a player we go after.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

banie01 wrote: »

The problem with signing young players ahead of Southampton etc is that they don't have much of a chance to play lots of games and make mistakes at Liverpool in the same way they do at a mid table club. Although maybe I'm wrong Moreno has been running around like a calf in a meadow making mistakes to his hearts content since he signed as a young lad with us and there's no still stopping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Away kit

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=305526.0;attach=280953;image

is a mix of these

A7275.jpg

liverpool-89-away-manypulls_1.jpg

Can't say I know who James Nalton is.

But if he is right about this then well...

Chris Bascombe
    After such lengthy process, sure Firmino would have preferred FA statement to confirm innocence rather than ‘lack of evidence’. Odd.

James Nalton.
    They deleted a line from the original statement which would have confirmed innocence: "The evidence obtained from the experts did not support the allegation."

Very strange.

https://twitter.com/JDNalton/status/966603129952391168

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

5starpool wrote: »
    Pink one must not be real then.

Hard to know what's what always fakes floating around, they should hang onto the orange the way results have been going with it this season

Ship sailed as in we missed our chance to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Chris Bascombe

James Nalton.

I'd be interested to see Nalton's source for that. If true, it just underlines how unsatisfactorily ambiguous the FA's statement was.

Reddy has moved from online rag Goal to another one Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If those are the 3 new jerseys I'm not really a fan of any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

robwen wrote: »

Be amazed at Liverpool having a blue away kit. It's just never done. Been any colour except Blue.

There was controversy a few seasons ago when the Adidas 3rd strip was white but with light blue trim so can't see how a full "Everton" blue kit would be accepted.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Be amazed at Liverpool having a blue away kit. It's just never done. Been any colour except Blue.

There was controversy a few seasons ago when the Adidas 3rd strip was white but with light blue trim so can't see how a full "Everton" blue kit would be accepted.

Maybe it's the orange throwing me off but it looks purple to me. Or maybe I'm colour blind. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Chris Bascombe

James Nalton.

This is pure tin foil hat stuff.

It was a simple swearing match. One person said he said x the other said he heard y. No third party witness heard it. The quack lip reader couldn't do much. The FA said there wasn't enough evidence so we're not going to charge but we're not saying holgate concocted it so let's all go home.

If the FA wanted to be malicious or appease the anti racism lobby they could have charged him on holgates evidence alone and leave it over to some QC to do a full investigation to establish what happened. They did the right thing and brought it to a close. I don't see what the problem is.

Maybe it's the orange throwing me off but it looks purple to me. Or maybe I'm colour blind. :pac:

Definitely looks blue to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks purple to me too.

Is this gonna be another one of those things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's purple in the picture :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Reddy has moved from online rag Goal to another one Joe.

Pics or gtfo.

Pics or gtfo.

Good luck Melissa...If you ever change your mind about joining our team... the door is always open for you... ��
    One day when I'm worthy ��

indy got game :pac:

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/967068988076412929

b1eb0ab03ff50a4ce0bc9e59e7d8094d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Definitely purple

They have form with purple too....for some mad reason I have Suarez wearing purple and white burnt in my memory.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looks purple to me too.

Is this gonna be another one of those things?
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's purple in the picture :confused:
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Definitely purple

Ok, I'll accept it must be purple which would make more sense as blue would just be a no go area.

Also, wish we didn't get new jerseys every year. This season's home jersey is the nicest in years and it's a shame it has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It's purple alright,big % of males out there are colourblind and don't even know it,
    That home shirt is some turnaround from this season,from one of the nicest ever to one of the worst well done nb

Ok, I'll accept it must be purple which would make more sense as blue would just be a no go area.

Also, wish we didn't get new jerseys every year. This season's hoe jersey is the nicest in years and it's a shame it has to go.

Yeah, definitely my favorite home jersey for ages. Really is a shame. Much preferred the old system of new away/european kits each year, but giving two years for home kits.

Given the increased tv money, one would have thought the club could afford to not be quite as ruthless with its other streams of revenue, but I guess that's naivety.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    It's purple alright,big % of males out there are colourblind and don't even know it,
    That home shirt is some turnaround from this season,from one of the nicest ever to one of the worst well done nb

I'll reserve judgement till we can see it properly... that image is awful quality, so those lines down the jersey are probably not actually there, given that they run through the whole image, and not just the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Seen good images of all 3, they look great I think but they also look photo shopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

You must be using the word blue very loosely. Looks purple to me. Nothing alike an Everton jersey.

Purple and white....the away colours that season when Rodgers nearly delivered. He'd still be manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure if your serious :confused:

MarkY91 wrote: »
    You must be using the word blue very loosely. Looks purple to me. Nothing alike an Everton jersey.

Read my post earlier up. Already acknowledges it's purple not blue.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Definitely purple

Yeah, mine too.

Hang on, what are we talking about?

It's purple and it's rotten!

Also, wish we didn't get new jerseys every year. This season's hoe jersey is the nicest in years and it's a shame it has to go.

I'm going to just skip the obvious riff on 'hoe jersey' and proceed to wholeheartedly agree with you. It looks like there's a button on the collar of the supposed new home jersey, that's a hard 'no' for me. Don't know why you'd want a button or buttons on a football jersey at all.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's purple and it's rotten!

That's what your missus was saying, alright.

corwill wrote: »
    That's what your missus was saying, alright.

Were you in my house again? :eek:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not sure if your serious :confused:

I am because the year he nearly won the league was the year they they were sporting that shat purple and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yellow would be my pick for away shirts. Loved the old yellow one.

Mind, once its not blue who really gives a toss.

Reports in Brazil that Alisson wants to join Liverpool over Madrid & PSG and negotiations are progressing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah reports in Brazil....usually full of nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Away kit

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=305526.0;attach=280953;image

is a mix of these

A7275.jpg

liverpool-89-away-manypulls_1.jpg

had that lovely grey/silver Candy one.... superb!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement