Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    No excuses for missing any game these days tbh.

Do you get a pass if your dead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Easily to see why this has hit them hard. Seems like only yesterday City and United were ahead of the pack in their own little title race with only 16 points separating them.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Second feels nice. I can see why United liked it.

How they stayed 2nd that long was beyond me, the state of them particularly on the eye. When they started meeting better teams they wobbled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Well done Ebbsy you really stuck it to them, I could see the smoke from the homepage.

ZCWEe9s.png

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Easily to see why this has hit them hard. Seems like only yesterday City and United were ahead of the pack in their own little title race with only 16 points separating them.

Are we in the title race now? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Second feels nice. I can see why United liked it.

Can see so much more from up here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does make me wonder where we would be now if VVD has signed in the summer.

A natural leader was the one thing we were missing and you can see that in the team now since he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm sure they'll want it back tomorrow. I think it'll be 1-1 or 1-0 to them.

Are we in the title race now? :D

Don’t think it counts any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Utd thread going Bananas again,I do wish lads from here wouldnt comment in there though it's beneath us,they don't need our help to go ape anyway

Exactly, people should't go in there. There as already enough bitter and obsessive comments being posted before the LFC lads weighed in and gave them something to latch onto.

The comments some of them make is quite bizzare. Like this one below.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    "Ha ha, Liverpool ahead of us and playing football we could only dream about. Idiots."

How are Liverpool idiots for going ahead of Utd in the table?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

not yet wrote: »
    Do you get a pass if your dead..

Even if you're dead, I'm sure vigil would find you.

His passing range is just awesome, well worth the dollars spent.

I'm sure they'll want it back tomorrow. I think it'll be 1-1 or 1-0 to them.

They need to win to claim it back, nothing else will do. Only City now have a better GD.
    If we are second for a whole week United thread could implode in on itself .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

murpho999 wrote: »
    Exactly, people should't go in there. There as already enough bitter and obsessive comments being posted before the LFC lads weighed in and gave them something to latch onto.

The same can be said about all threads in fairness, although the majority of posters in both this and the United thread are very open to discussion and are not “obsessive” and “bitter”.

Hand selecting one posters comment to generalise against a whole thread is worse in fairness..

Ye should be enjoying your result, which was a very good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Remember when some of the United lads were in here to give us all a bit of advice on football with the I come in peace speels etc
    It was all a bit of banter back then......seems like its not great when they have to listen to the "banter" going the other way.....

Its the lads that have to read the drivel posts and not get involved that actually suffer, but sure, its just bantz etc etc
    Anyway, what a difference a few weeks makes.

murpho999 wrote: »

Take a breath and read the second comment again.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

What an odd lie...

What an odd comment. It’s almost as if a nerve has been hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

For days like today when the game isn't really available.

If anyone wants a step by step instructions for crystal clear streams let me know.

I can copy a paste a msg I sent to a fellow boardsie.

Its acestream that I got from reddit and it's absolutely class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I come in peace hasn’t been in here in a while!

I also hope United get humiliated at home. Jose’s got a lot of wheels on his bus but they’re certainly a little loose right now.

I still think Chelsea will eventually settle in second but it would be nice to give them a run for it.

I think second is ours easily, not even a contest to be honest. To many teams below us play each other.

The Main Man.

He has scored more no look goals this season that Sturridge has scored goals in the last two seasons.

YuvDvwK.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Utd will win tomorrow,and away to palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Charlie19 wrote: »

If anyone wants a step by step instructions for crystal clear streams let me know.

Can you send it my way

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Take a breath and read the second comment again.

Perfectly in control of my breathing thank you.

I still find his post bizarre.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Remember when some of the United lads were in here to give us all a bit of advice on football with the I come in peace speels etc
    It was all a bit of banter back then......seems like its not great when they have to listen to the "banter" going the other way.....

Its the lads that have to read the drivel posts and not get involved that actually suffer, but sure, its just bantz etc etc
    Anyway, what a difference a few weeks makes.

Spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Charlie19 wrote: »

Wouldnt say no to it if you get a moment to send it.
    Thanks in advance...

That's what is called a sh1t game.
    Emre Can's game by numbers vs. West Ham:

110 touches
    82 (85%) passes completed
    3 tackles won
    2 chances created
    2 aerial duels won
    1 interception
    1 assist
    1 goal

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/967444347095568384

Bobby's celebration hug and lift at the end :)

https://streamable.com/2bsqp

He was at fault for the goal and did some insanely bad things like passing to the ref at one point, but yeah I’d rather he was staying!

He was at fault for the goal and did some insanely bad things like passing to the ref at one point, but yeah I’d rather he was staying!

He got fouled in the centre circle and lost the ball if that's at fault ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I come in peace hasn’t been in here in a while!

I also hope United get humiliated at home. Jose’s got a lot of wheels on his bus but they’re certainly a little loose right now.

I still think Chelsea will eventually settle in second but it would be nice to give them a run for it.

that's because the wheels on the bus have fallen off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

He was out played by Milner.
    He mixed the good with the bad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

astradave wrote: »
    The same can be said about all threads in fairness, although the majority of posters in both this and the United thread are very open to discussion and are not “obsessive” and “bitter”.

Hand selecting one posters comment to generalise against a whole thread is worse in fairness..

Ye should be enjoying your result, which was a very good one.

The strangest thing was, the post he quoted was making fun of the United thread lads who didn't seem to give a **** about today's result. He wasn't calling the Liverpool people idiots, his post is literally the opposite of what yer man who cross posted it in to here thinks it was.

Good win today lads

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He got fouled in the centre circle and lost the ball if that's at fault ok.

He himself after the game said he was at fault and never mentioned a foul. But if that’s not enough then ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What an odd comment. It’s almost as if a nerve has been hit

How is it an odd comment? There is no going bananas in the United thread. It's a fairly easily provable lie, which is what makes it odd. I dunno how else to say this other than, there really is no nerve hit. Was today's result an upset or something that it should cause a stir? I wouldn't have thought so anyway so not sure how a nerve could be hit....but sure whatever your into I suppose, if it makes today a better day for you have at it :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Oh a nerve has been hit alright,Yee all going to explode,hahaha

• Advertisement

Weird no United fans PMing me to apologize for calling me delusional when I suggested we could still catch them ;) :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

How is it an odd comment? There is no going bananas in the United thread. It's a fairly easily provable lie, which is what makes it odd. I dunno how else to say this other than, there really is no nerve hit. Was today's result an upset or something that it should cause a stir? I wouldn't have thought so anyway so not sure how a nerve could be hit....but sure whatever your into I suppose, if it makes today a better day for you have at it :)

tenor.gif?itemid=4545906

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Oh a nerve has been hit alright,Yee all going to explode,hahaha

So if United fans dont post its quips about the "wheels off the bus" and if United fans post its "hit a nerve"? Right......

Either way listening to ye on TodayFM and Virgil & Robertson coming into the defence does appear to have greatly improved your defence. I'd have thought he (VVD) wouldn't have properly bedded in until next year. He sounds to have actually fitted in well for ye very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

corwill wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4545906

So thats a "no" on football discussion then.

• Advertisement

lmXVNu6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

And England lose in the rugby. Its a good day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Did'nt see the game (again), sounds like a comfortable win, how did the midfield and defence play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

pjohnson wrote: »
    So thats a "no" on football discussion then.

83b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Cool. Thanks for clarifying that a nerve was not hit. Definitely not. Definitely definitely definitely not. Definitely. Not. Definitely. Probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    And England lose in the rugby. Its a good day :)

All we need now is for Ireland to win gold at the 4v4 Blindfolded Ice Skating Deathmatch at the Winter Olympics and we'll be home and hosed.

Love that gif.

This is an oldie but still funny

6a7b3c97-cb2a-4a29-a4e3-77e54c89ddf6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Love that gif.

This is an oldie but still funny

6a7b3c97-cb2a-4a29-a4e3-77e54c89ddf6.gif

I always appreciate a good gif.. that’s brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Wow I'd be amazed if Chelsea get 2nd. I'd actually fancy Spurs to finish ahead of them and they're 5th right now.

Each to their own I suppose but aside from the game in Europe, Chelsea have looked fairly mediocre lately.
    And they're run in is also by far the hardest.

Chelsea will end up 5th for my money. (which isnt much) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

pjohnson wrote: »
    Either way listening to ye on TodayFM and Virgil & Robertson coming into the defence does appear to have greatly improved your defence. I'd have thought he (VVD) wouldn't have properly bedded in until next year. He sounds to have actually fitted in well for ye very fast.
    VVD has slotted right in. Not playing both Matip and Lovern together (and needing Klavin) has been huge.
    Robertson’s crossing (mentioned by Klopp) may have been the reason he didn’t start the season; but the injury to Moreno as that has improved and he looks the real deal.
    Karius looks good after been declared No1.
    So LB, CDF and Keeper changes. Seems to going in the right direction. But big games on the horizon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement