Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Wow I'd be amazed if Chelsea get 2nd. I'd actually fancy Spurs to finish ahead of them and they're 5th right now.

Each to their own I suppose but aside from the game in Europe, Chelsea have looked fairly mediocre lately.
    And they're run in is also by far the hardest.

Chelsea will end up 5th for my money. (which isnt much) :)

They’ve been in turmoil lately but showed against Barca they’re far from done. Tomorrow will be telling. I expect them to get at least a draw and kick on. They’ve far too much quality in that squad. But sure, you might be right too and they lose tomorrow and drift aimlessly towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

astradave wrote: »
    The same can be said about all threads in fairness, although the majority of posters in both this and the United thread are very open to discussion and are not “obsessive” and “bitter”.

Hand selecting one posters comment to generalise against a whole thread is worse in fairness..

Ye should be enjoying your result, which was a very good one.

Good post. Yeah, you'll always have one or two on each side who'll charge in head-first. I think it's utterly bizarre for Pool fans to be gloating today for two reasons...

a. Utd have played a game less and will go second again tomorrow with a win.
    b. Pool are still miles behind City

In other words, both Pool and Utd are well off the pace and that shouldn't be good enough for both sets of fans. Both clubs should be challenging per their stature - simple as.

On a side note, if ye do beat Chelsea tomorrow, feel free to come in here and give it socks. A few lads would deserve it tbh, for blowing the load too soon. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

VVD is like a weight put on a wobbly wheel to balance it. Suddenly team looks far less wobbly with VVD in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Good post. Yeah, you'll always have one or two on each side who'll charge in head-first. I think it's utterly bizarre for Pool fans to be gloating today for two reasons...

In other words, both Pool and Utd are well off the pace and that shouldn't be good enough for both sets of fans. Both clubs should be challenging per their stature - simple as.

On a side note, if ye do beat Chelsea tomorrow, feel free to come in here and give it socks. A few lads would deserve it tbh, for blowing the load too soon. :pac:
    c. It was just West Ham as well.
    d. It was a team managed by Moyes (coming to Anfield and losing is nothing new for him).

No need to go charging to the Utd thread. But saw some stupid posts yesterday saying we would lose and crawl back under a rock. You just leave those idiots to themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

In other words, both Pool and Utd are well off the pace and that shouldn't be good enough for both sets of fans. . :pac:

Capture098.jpg

We've being in a race with them since Nov 1. They got a huge head start though. Lately we've being matching them or taking more points over a 10 game sample. The trend was there for weeks now, United dropping, Liverpool rising. I think we are good enough to challenge, I think City finish less than 12pts ahead of us. We're chipping away at that lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I doubt any reasonable United fan believed that ye would drop points today for 2 reasons.

1.david Moyes
    2.david Moyes.

In fairness I was watching on the laptop while I had the Rugby on the TV, ye looked very steady at the back today, I know it’s only West Ham and that bot still, ye have looked ropey against weaker teams than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just watched the highlights there, the shear ammount of chances we create is absolutely mental, and not just today either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Let me know if you got 1st n 2nd part regarding acestream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

astradave wrote: »
    I doubt any reasonable United fan believed that ye would drop points today for 2 reasons.

1.david Moyes
    2.david Moyes.

In fairness I was watching on the laptop while I had the Rugby on the TV, ye looked very steady at the back today, I know it’s only West Ham and that bot still, ye have looked ropey against weaker teams than that.

We had a few mins where you can see the difference. When they scored, earlier int he season, the team would have panicked a bit and given West Ham more chances. The changes in defence has been much much improved in that regard. Rather than going gung ho again and again, we actually stopped around the middle of the pitch for a few minutes just calmly passing between the defenders and midfielders. We made the West Ham players actually commit a few to try to make a tackle and therefore open some gaps.

Earlier it would have been hoof a ball down a channel for one of the front 3 to hopefully latch onto, wait to lose possession within a few seconds and be under pressure again.

VVD, Robertson instead of Lovern and Moreno has been a huge help. Whilst not perfect by any means, it's an improvement on before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

First up on TOTP so you can all get that much needed beauty sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Liverpool are interested in Napoli’s 26-year old defensive midfielder Jorginho, who is the club’s first choice transfer target. [@_PaulJoyce]

Also says we are in for Alisson but only if Roma drop their asking price

Yawns wrote: »
    VVD, Robertson instead of Lovern and Moreno has been a huge help. Whilst not perfect by any means, it's an improvement on before.

I think VVD has given Karius a degree of belief and confidence too. I don't think he's the answer to our GK situation (would love if the Allison move happens in the summer), but for now Karius looks a little more solid than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Let me know if you got 1st n 2nd part regarding acestream.

I just got the 2nd part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    Liverpool are interested in Napoli’s 26-year old defensive midfielder Jorginho, who is the club’s first choice transfer target. [@_PaulJoyce]

Jorginho piece in the article isn't really much.

What is there about Alisson is Roma want to put a Salah tax on us.
    West Ham United, Anfield: a team and a venue which conspired to create a moment Loris Karius could hardly forget.

It was in the corresponding fixture last season that the Liverpool goalkeeper’s first attempt to establish himself as the club’s long-term No 1 duly unravelled.

The manner in which he was beaten by a long-range Dimitri Payet free-kick during a 2-2 draw served to amplify the background noise produced by the German’s very public spat over his form with the Sky pundit Gary Neville. Liverpool were back in action three days later - Karius was not.

This, then, could be seen as Redemption Day. When Karius got his fingertips to Marko Arnautovic’s brilliant chip and the ball kissed the crossbar, rather than nestling in the back of the net, the visitors were denied seizing the lead after 15 minutes.

Another save from the same player three minutes before the interval then kept Liverpool’s lead intact, their 100th goal of an increasingly promising campaign arriving when Emre Can headed home Mo Salah’s corner from inside the six-yard box.

Karius had little to do in between despite West Ham initially making it difficult for the hosts, but then that is the life of a goalkeeper at Anfield. By making the saves when he needed to, he is doing his future prospects little harm.

Jurgen Klopp will buy a goalkeeper this summer with Simon Mignolet set to leave, having been usurped in the battle for a starting jersey by his 24-year-old rival. A No 6 and a replacement for Philippe Coutinho are also likely.

The wish list in the first two instances could take the Liverpool manager to Serie A. Napoli’s holding midfielder Jorginho would be the Merseyside club’s first choice, the problem being that the Brazilian-born Italian international would be the same for just about every elite side in Europe.

AS Roma’s Alisson is the preferred target for goalkeeping reinforcements, although Liverpool have backed out of the chase for his signature for the time being.

They are unwilling to pay a huge ‘Salah-tax’ to the Italian club for Alisson simply because 12 months ago they secured the Egyptian for a £36.9m fee that has been shown to be a steal.

If Alisson and his representatives fight to ensure his price tag is not prohibitive – and the latest figures range from anything between £60m and £90m – then Liverpool could return to the negotiating table.

As it stands, Karius has the opportunity to continue to impress Klopp. By the time he was beaten just before the hour-mark by substitute Michail Antonio’s angled drive, Liverpool had put daylight between themselves and David Moyes’ side.

Salah’s seemingly obligatory strike saw him match Luis Suarez’s haul of 31 goals from the 2013-14 season in the same amount of games (37) before Roberto Firmino beat the on-rushing Adrian to Can’s through ball and made it six goals in eight games.

An extra layer of gloss was added by Sadio Mane with 13 minutes remaining in a move which carried Liverpool from one end of the pitch to the other.

Karius, who had almost sold Virgil van Dijk short with a pass seconds earlier, recovered his poise to start a sweeping attack which flowed through James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Andrew Robertson before Mane applied a deft finish.

sO Liverpool moved back into second place in the Premier League for the first time since a 4-0 victory over Arsenal in August. They will do their best to stay there, just like Karius is trying his hardest to show he should remain in goal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/loris-karius-faces-fight-for-liverpools-no-1-jersey-jf5mshghp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

To be honest lads I never got it or believed this coming in peace ****e from either Man U or Liverpool lads in their opposing threads.

Does anyone actually believe that these sets of fans want nothing but the worst for each others clubs.

I don't post in the Man U thread because I have nothing but absolute distain for that club and don't want to get a perma banned.

I don't believe for one second that these come in peace fans for either club or not trying to have at the very least a small dig at their rival club when they post, no matter how clever they think they are being.

Hilarious these Man U fans coming in now ''congratulating" us on our great win today after knocking them down to third. Would ye ever feck off with that load a shíte!

Let's call a spade a spade. If we are Pool fans we don't want to see them doing well and vice versa.

Tis all bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ricero wrote: »

Sure they're still slathering their hoop with Sudocream after our Salah rip-off, they'll be hard to talk down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Pogba. Goals scored in all competition's . 3

Bobby. Goals scored without looking . 3

Stolen.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pogba. Goals scored in all competition's . 3

Bobby. Goals scored without looking . 3

Stolen.

:)
    All jokes aside...

Pogba would be great playing for Klopp.

Stolen from elsewhere

Mason Holgate to his mates tonight:
    'yeah lad, we beat Watford 6-1. I scored a hat trick and me third was a 60 yard overhead bicycle kick'

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That no look stuff from Firmino will bite him in the arse one of the days!

I'm happy with how things are going obviously, but we are still in a battle to get top 4. It really is any of 3 teams from 4 at this stage as a lot will happen in the next 10 games. 3 seasons ago though I was nearly dreading watching us play after things went stale for Rodgers so I enjoy watching us play, even if I don't always enjoy all the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pity the mods for 2 weeks time

To be honest lads I never got it or believed this coming in peace ****e

Does anyone actually believe that these sets of fans want nothing but the worst for each others clubs.

Hilarious these Man U fans coming in now ''congratulating" us on our great win today after knocking them down to third. Would ye ever feck off with that load a shíte!

Let's call a spade a spade. If we are Pool fans we don't want to see them doing well and vice versa.

Tis all bullshít.

Bravo, well said!

fact.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Licking their lips I reckon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Bravo, well said!

fact.jpg

The sooner the mods open up a dedicated thread for these combined "come in peace" Pool and Man U fans the better.

It will stop clogging up the main threads on both sides and leave the posters who want to engage in peace talks too it.

Let them at it I say.

Have admit VVD’s Skype training with the rest of the squad while he was down in Southampton is really paying off.

Hope they are Skyping with Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Charlie19 wrote: »
    For days like today when the game isn't really available.

If anyone wants a step by step instructions for crystal clear streams let me know.

I can copy a paste a msg I sent to a fellow boardsie.

Its acestream that I got from reddit and it's absolutely class.

Can I have that info too please, via pm.

It's definitely been heading more towards only fans of the Superthreads posting in them over the last decade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Have admit VVD’s Skype training with the rest of the squad while he was down in Southampton is really paying off.

Hope they are Skyping with Keita.

If youve watched him this season you better hope they have nothing to do with the displays hes put in this season, you dont want this seasons Keita showing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

irishman86 wrote: »
    If youve watched him this season you better hope they have nothing to do with the displays hes put in this season, you dont want this seasons Keita showing up

keita seems to want out of rb now seems very petulant and the likes this season from what i have saw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

About time Lallana cut his hair. The long hair wasn't working at all for him.

• Advertisement

keita seems to want out of rb now seems very petulant and the likes this season from what i have saw

Yup it seems a wasted season for him
    Im sure RB would sell him if they had a do over

Yup it seems a wasted season for him
    Im sure RB would sell him if they had a do over

No they wouldn't as was shown in the January transfer window.

Its a lot different in January buddy
    Its far harder to get a player in to replace him
    RB will miss the player from 16/17 but they wont struggle as much replacing him in the summer time
    Whats funny is Keita will quickly revert back to previous form as its not a talent problem just attitude...............until Barca come in a few years :pac:

Not relevant anymore, but Coutinho got a Coutinho special for Barca tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Id gladly take those displays and performance metrics anytime. He is exactly what we need. An absolute dynamo with the added bonus, for me anyway, of a nice little bit of steel to put it mildly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just watching MOTD and that Arnautovic chip off the bar was madness. He was running away from goal with nothing on and forced a huge save from Karius to stop him.

Just watching MOTD and that Arnautovic chip off the bar was madness. He was running away from goal with nothing on and forced a huge save from Karius to stop him.

Game winning save, would have been vastly different match had that gone in.

jbt123 wrote: »
    Id gladly take those displays and performance metrics anytime. He is exactly what we need. An absolute dynamo with the added bonus, for me anyway, of a nice little bit of steel to put it mildly...

I think he will help ye, just not the this seasons version. He has zero interest in playing for RB
    He has dropped in every way from 16/17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems like someone’s formed an opinion off the back of a few articles rather than watching him buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

5starpool wrote: »
    Not relevant anymore, but Coutinho got a Coutinho special for Barca tonight.

Why post it then,fcuk coutinho and fcuk Barce,who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching motd that was an absolute rout, unlucky not to have another 2 or maybe 3. I dare tempt fate but is Andy Robertson finally our long awaited answer to our left back woes? He's absolutely everything you want in a full back. The usual suspects you could write about for ages, incredible stuff.

Antonio seems to be one of those players that often grabs one against us or perhaps I'm just imagining he's scored more than he actually has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Bravo, well said!

fact.jpg

The sooner the mods open up a dedicated thread for these combined "come in peace" Pool and Man U fans the better.

It will stop clogging up the main threads on both sides and leave the posters who want to engage in peace talks too it.

Let them at it I say.

I did suggest it in a new thread but my thread was shut down by a mod within 10 minutes without explanation. I had to ask for one which I was giving which was along the sarcastic lines of (if I have to explains why I won’t allow it I might insult your intelligence)

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why post it then,fcuk coutinho and fcuk Barce,who cares

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Great day all-round results wise for me.

Liverpool win
    Real Madrid win
    Ireland win
    England lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kopite386 wrote: »
    Great day all-round results wise for me.

Liverpool win
    Real Madrid win
    Ireland win
    England lose

and Everton fume.

Game for game Liverpool now +7 points and +17 g/d and averaging 2.03 PPG

• Advertisement

Is there anything to be said for another blast of cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The ox had a great game today it must be said

and Everton fume.
    Shearer claiming that Sam was doing great job after we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They were already in a poor run, still look terrible. He’ll be gone next season, unfortunately.

Shearer claiming that Sam was doing great job after we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They were already in a poor run, still look terrible. He’ll be gone next season, unfortunately.

Hopefully they finish the season strong and he stays !

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hopefully they finish the season strong and he stays !
    More chance they get the phantom stadium built.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement