Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Haven't even seen the goals, let alone caught up on the thread yet, but seeing Joyce say we're in for Jorginho in the summer, and that's made my day.

Said it before, but he'd be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coutinho is great, why hate him. He had a dream and now he lives it.
    Great goal tonight. It's good to see him do well. Our midfield is more balanced now, even if he was a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why post it then,fcuk coutinho and fcuk Barce,who cares

Couldn’t agree more. I support Liverpool and if you don’t want to play for Liverpool screw you. Especially when you leave in the middle of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Haven't even seen the goals, let alone caught up on the thread yet, but seeing Joyce say we're in for Jorginho in the summer, and that's made my day.

Said it before, but he'd be perfect.

We should have ended our interest by Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

klose wrote: »
    Watching motd that was an absolute rout, unlucky not to have another 2 or maybe 3. I dare tempt fate but is Andy Robertson finally our long awaited answer to our left back woes? He's absolutely everything you want in a full back. The usual suspects you could write about for ages, incredible stuff.

Antonio seems to be one of those players that often grabs one against us or perhaps I'm just imagining he's scored more than he actually has.

Think I saw on Twitter that Antonio has four goals in five against us so you're not imagining it!!

Also Robertson was class again. Delighted to see him get the recognition too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for another blast of cards?

Think they've been dishing them out early in a bit to pre-empt things.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

No doubt in my mind our front 3 the best in Europe. Okay maybe PSG might have a case but their domestic league weakest out of the top 5 European leagues. Firmino still seems underrated but hes top class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seems like someone’s formed an opinion off the back of a few articles rather than watching him buddy.

I agree, i feel some Liverpool fans havent actually watched the lad play

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

beya2009 wrote: »
    No doubt in my mind our front 3 the best in Europe. Okay maybe PSG might have a case but their domestic league weakest out of the top 5 European leagues. Firmino still seems underrated but hes top class.

Definitely up there & you have a case for saying it, but, as good as I think Ferminho & Mane are (which I do) they don’t get into the City team. Sterling is on fire this season & Aguero is Aguero. Salah gets in ahead of Sane ok.

Going to be a cracking Champions League 1/4 final between them :) (I feel it in my bones they are going to drawn one another)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

beya2009 wrote: »

I still snigger to myself at a post from a few weeks ago (possibly the Man City match thread?) which suggested Fermino wasn't up to the standard because he didn't score enough or something.

Now, I could possibly stretch to see the point if he WASN'T scoring, even though his all round play is incredible, but he's doing both and has been doing both for a long time! He's an incredible all-rounder.

I still snigger to myself at a post from a few weeks ago (possibly the Man City match thread?) which suggested Fermino wasn't up to the standard because he didn't score enough or something.

Now, I could possibly stretch to see the point if he WASN'T scoring, even though his all round play is incredible, but he's doing both and has been doing both for a long time! He's an incredible all-rounder.

I’d have Ferminho up there with Sterling as the 2 most improved players in the league. He’s been outstanding all season. Be interesting to see can he carry this form into the Brazil team for the World Cup. Scary options they have upfront, especially if Jesus can regain some of the form he lost before injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was this thread and from posters who say they are Liverpool fans and it has been posted more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who the feck is this Fermino fella? Is he related to Firminho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Who the feck is this Fermino fella? Is he related to Firminho?

maybe he is but neither fermino or firminho are related to firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

gstack166 wrote: »
    Definitely up there & you have a case for saying it, but, as good as I think Ferminho & Mane are (which I do) they don’t get into the City team. Sterling is on fire this season & Aguero is Aguero. Salah gets in ahead of Sane ok.

Going to be a cracking Champions League 1/4 final between them :) (I feel it in my bones they are going to drawn one another)
    I’d have Ferminho up there with Sterling as the 2 most improved players in the league. He’s been outstanding all season. Be interesting to see can he carry this form into the Brazil team for the World Cup. Scary options they have upfront, especially if Jesus can regain some of the form he lost before injury.

It's Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Fun Booby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Since losing to Spurs in October Liverpool have played 19 games in the Premier League. Of those 19 games we've won 13, drew 5 and lost 1. We've scored 51(more than City) and conceded just 16 (only Chelsea and United conceded less).

So are we still not able to defend?

Fun Booby?

Amusing Bob ?

• Advertisement

The Main Man!

finno wrote: »
    It's Firmino

Just look past the silent H. That’s the way I’ve spelled it since he arrived in England & rightly or wrongly I’ll continue to spell it with a H. He’s Brazilian, give the man a H before the vowel ending on his name for God’s sake!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just look past the silent H. That’s the way I’ve spelled it since he arrived in England & rightly or wrongly I’ll continue to spell it with a H. He’s Brazilian, give the man a H before the vowel ending on his name for God’s sake!

Ya, Just like Zicho, Pelhe, Ronaldho, Carecha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Luchas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

But it's not now he spells it and he'd know i think.

His name is Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira.

Jesuhs, Danilho, Fernandino & Edersohn at City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Donhi.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Donhi.

giphy.gif

Jesuhs, Danilho, Fernandino & Edersohn at City.

I did say before the vowel ending on his name :) take Jesus & Ederson out of it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So what’s everyone had for breakfast?

Chelsea Chelsea! Chelsea Chelsea! We’re gonna make it a blueeeee dayyyyyy

I figured out that Pogba’s hairstyle is actually subliminal code to the owners to get rid of Jose and replace him with the most underrated prem manager ever....

Chris-Hugton-Newcastle-703479.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I figured out that Pogba’s hairstyle is actually subliminal code to the owners to get rid of Jose and replace him with the most underrated prem manager ever....

Chris-Hugton-Newcastle-703479.jpg

Morgan Freeman??:confused:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass? :)

So Alisson & Jorginho two of the main three targets for the summer named by Joyce yesterday.

I would assume the other target not named will be a forward player.

Pulisic, Fekir & Lemar probably being the best guesses for that target.

Lemar not having the greatest season but still hugely talented.

Pulisic young and talented and hugely marketable in the States.

Fekir who has been consistently getting better every season.

Fekir for me.

They would be excellent signings if all three do get signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Chelsea Chelsea! Chelsea Chelsea! We’re gonna make it a blueeeee dayyyyyy
    Utd fans too busy moaning about their “fan punching” exLB getting boo’d to focus on the game itself. They should be more worried about their racist singing fans that an ex player of ours; but that’s their typical attitude.
    Any one of the 3 results suit us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm happy with any result as long as Utd lose heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Not sure if it's been mentioned recently but the spirit around the camp seems to be really good at the moment. The players really look like they engage with each other in training and off the pitch, It's something LFC always seem to have which very few teams can generate.

I've said this a dozen times since 05 but I honestly believe this time we are building something very special.

YNWA.

I'd be looking at a slightly more "budget" type Ringo (if its the fab four Klopp is trying to re-create) Volland, Arnautovic, Mahrez (I think that 90m tag was nonsense, he'll go for 50m tops). Buy any of them and you've got two, even three positions covered.

Some days Arnautovic looks like a peak Ibra, but others he looks like a less interested Jon Walters.

I’d not be depending on him to step in. He needs to be nurtured and your number 1 pick to get the best out of him. Credit to Moyes but he has him playing brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyone watching the Spurs game, they had a pen taken away for a similar situation with the Lovern incident, expect this time Kane was ruled offside

Arnautovic's problem was Hughes I think, the man reeks of indifference as a manager. Must have been hard at times to stay fully focused. With Klopp you know he'd be running through walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Utd fans too busy moaning about their “fan punching” exLB getting boo’d to focus on the game itself. They should be more worried about their racist singing fans that an ex player of ours; but that’s their typical attitude.
    Any one of the 3 results suit us.

They should be more worried that that's been their focus. The Dynasty is well and truly over.

I think if Klopp wants Pulisic then it will be a no brainer by the club to go all out to sign him. Young, bags of potential and highly marketable

monkey9 wrote: »
    They should be more worried that that's been their focus. The Dynasty is well and truly over.

Dynasty was on the telly when Liverpool's dynasty ended :(

Anyone watching the Spurs game, they had a pen taken away for a similar situation with the Lovern incident, expect this time Kane was ruled offside

It's a nonsense arguement though. It looked like Deli Ali played the ball so that's what the linesman saw and he won't even be aware that the Palace lad got a touch until he sees it later (or maybe now if he checks his phone)

They're only banging on about that incident so much because it's nil all.

Dynasty was on the telly when Liverpool's dynasty ended :(

I'll have to take your word for that! ;)

Arnautovic has all the talent in the world but there is something toxic him about that I wouldn't want to be brought into the Liverpool dressing room.

On a really funny note Glenn Hoddle is advising Pogba to leave utd in the summer and join Liverpool :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Arnautovic has all the talent in the world but there is something toxic him about that I wouldn't want to be brought into the Liverpool dressing room.

On a really funny note Glenn Hoddle is advising Pogba to leave utd in the summer and join Liverpool :pac::pac:

I find it amazing that we're mentioning Arnautovic as a possible signing. Absolutely no way he'd fit in here. Attitude/fitness/motivation issues. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I prefer the name fun Bobby looks happy scoring

Fun Oli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Rocky barbosa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement