Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd want to use that Barbosa name if I were Fun Bobby.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I'll have to take your word for that! ;)

More of a Dallas man me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's a nonsense arguement though. It looked like Deli Ali played the ball so that's what the linesman saw and he won't even be aware that the Palace lad got a touch until he sees it later (or maybe now if he checks his phone)

They're only banging on about that incident so much because it's nil all.
    They need to clean up that rule anyway. Standing well offside, and someone tries to intercept a pass that plays you onside? You're offside.
    Don't make if more difficult for the officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

John Giles said it best, if you’re on the pitch you’re interfering with play. It should really be that simple. Offside rule becoming more and more ridiculous each season.

Shankly said that.

Bollocks. Spurs score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sickening goal for Spurs but it was coming they've been attacking relentlessly, gotta give them credit they won't lie down.

• Advertisement

I dunno, puts more pressure on bus to come out and play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Shame Spurs didn't drop points, they're playing so well I can't see them missing Top 4.

Makes today's Utd/Chelsea game even more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Shankly said that.

Bollocks. Spurs score.

aye.... proper sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs will definitely get top 4, and they'll deserve it for the most part.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Spurs will definitely get top 4, and they'll deserve it for the most part.

I’m still hoping that Kane gets an injury or they get fatigued due to their ridiculous intensity.

They really bullied us in that second half at Anfield.

I’d almost rather City than them in Europe if I had to choose.

• Advertisement

If that is the case then Utd have to have at decent game and win/draw, one team needs detaching and as of now Chelsea are the ones most vulnerable.

Couldn't bring myself to wish an injury on a player and if I could, it wouldn't be Harry Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just seen the Spurs result. Well that's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If we keep winning it won't matter what the rest are up to,spurs were expected to win that game today,Newcastle is another massive game for us now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'd be looking at a slightly more "budget" type Ringo (if its the fab four Klopp is trying to re-create) Volland, Arnautovic, Mahrez (I think that 90m tag was nonsense, he'll go for 50m tops). Buy any of them and you've got two, even three positions covered.

I disagree here. Leicester, with no obligation or desire to sell, were asked to name a price on their star player, best performers in the middle of the season with about 24 hour to go before the window closed. I think he absolutely was worth €90m at the time. City didn't agree, which is valid too, but i have no qualms with Leicester doing that given those circumstances.

How, in Mid-may when the player has submitted a transfer request, it might be a little different. But, in January, they were dead right.

Also, as others say, no money in the world gets Arnautovic in this team. His attitude stinks and almost every manager he's ever had is in agreement there. As arrogant as Ibra and nowhere near as talented.

I like Volland and Pulisic makes sense, though seems he will cost quite a bit. Could see Nabil Fekir as a slightly cheaper option, though still costing quite a bit.

28336200_1820841714604022_9214481108618053389_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=20bdd0770831070cc035edc20f7a8281&oe=5B120676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Utd take the lead with 15 to go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cjmc wrote: »

United win is better for our top 4 chances. If Chelsea win then both them and United are one point behind us. United win gives a four point gap to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cjmc wrote: »

Grand.

Keeps Chelsea at arms length. Could be seven if they lose to city next time and we beat Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

TitianGerm wrote: »
    United win is better for our top 4 chances. If Chelsea win then both them and United are one point behind us. United win gives a four point gap to Chelsea.

With chelsea playing next sunday away against city the pressure is really on them if they lose this today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    With chelsea playing next sunday away against city the pressure is really on them if they lose this today

Yea very though run for them.

I want us to finish above utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Chelsea are in shocking form, I think they will throw in the towel if they lose this and top 4 will be handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Prefer to get top 4 looking more guaranteed 1st than be looking at 2nd.

Win vs Newcastle and we can look to try beat Man Utd with a bit of breathing space between 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Good result this for Liverpool. Utd doing us a big favour.

Yup, this could be a massive blow to Chelsea!! Come on United ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chelsea are actually worse than use at chasing a goal in the final minutes of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Disappointed to be knocked off our perch as the 2nd best team in the league, but this is the best result for a guaranteed Top 4 place.

Hopefully Chelsea can fall further adrift next week when they play City, and we get a job done against Rafa.

• Advertisement

rgace wrote: »
    Chelsea are in shocking form, I think they will throw in the towel if they lose this and top 4 will be handy enough.

I thought the Barca game would spur them on but they seem so uninterested. Laughing and joking with the United players, very little bite or urgency. Some of the balls they played in the past 20 have been dire!!

If City beat them next week it might well be them and Arsenal to miss out.

Wait for it here come all the 'i come in peace's posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Deleted my last post after my shocking maths but that result bodes well for us as hopefully you we beat Newcastle and City beat Chelsea leaving us 7 points ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

On the plus side Chelsea are away to City next weekend. If they lose that and we beat Newcastle we'll have a 7 point cushion over them with a better goal difference too.

Was hoping for the draw but Utd win the next best result.

Hopefully city do them next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

shamrock55 wrote: »

think your right on that and the we think lukaku is a better striker then fun Bobby will also be out in force too

• Advertisement

Probably the result we wanted but it doesn't feel like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I thought the Barca game would spur them on but they seem so uninterested. Laughing and joking with the United players, very little bite or urgency. Some of the balls they played in the past 20 have been dire!!

Agree they were tragic in the final third..lost count of the poor passes...
    Willian strolling around...think he got the huff when Hazard was hooked... two big lads up front and they didnt even cross the ball into them or even hoof it up

Don’t think there could have been a bad result today whatever the outcome, we’ve to play both and they both to play City again so plenty of chances for them to drop points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Clyne is starting for the under 23s today. Might see him back in the first team before the end of the season. I'd leave TAA there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Advertisement

Coutinho goal was some goal alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

To be fair, could you blame them? Couldn't believe when a few lads went into their thread yesterday to wave the willies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Think I responded to you all that requested the info.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

If City beat them next week it might well be them and Arsenal to miss out.

I thought Chelsea look fatigued and just no lack of urgency in the game. They worked their socks off in the Barca game and that probably took it's toll for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hate that sort of thing. Good to see the mods have deleted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

beya2009 wrote: »
    I thought Chelsea look fatigued and just no lack of urgency in the game. They worked their socks off in the Barca game and that probably took it's toll for this game.

Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but is there a sense that the Champs League lets the players put themselves in the shop window, while putting tools back down in the league to move on a manager who they're tired of listening to? Doesn't feel like the first time, either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hate that sort of thing. Good to see the mods have deleted them.

I called someone whiskey nose got a ban,Maureen,ban..

There calling Wenger a prick in their tread and just got asked to tone it down by a mod.

Consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Solanke with a hat-trick for the LFC U23's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

There calling Wenger a prick in their tread and just got asked to tone it down by a mod.

Consistent.

Consistently a numbers game. Gotta keep the lights on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Consistent.

I mentioned that Steve Bruce might of had a fat head and got myself banned.

Its not like Steve be checking out whats been said on boards about him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement