Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I mentioned that Steve Bruce might of had a fat head and got myself banned.

Its not like Steve be checking out whats been said on boards about him.

Look, it's the way of the world. The Guardian had turned off comments on the LFC v WHU match report yesterday evening by around 7.30. Can't be doing without those valuable clicks from the screaming, sensitive hordes of the uruk-hai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I called someone whiskey nose got a ban,Maureen,ban..

There calling Wenger a prick in their tread and just got asked to tone it down by a mod.

Consistent.

Shouldn't be a surprise. 2014 told us a lot about how this place 'operates'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a surprise. 2014 told us a lot about how this place 'operates'.

Whats this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ollie1 wrote: »
    Solanke with a hat-trick for the LFC U23's

Found his level! :D 4-0 FT the result puts them through to the knockout rounds of the Premier League Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

I called someone whiskey nose got a ban,Maureen,ban..

There calling Wenger a prick in their tread and just got asked to tone it down by a mod.

Consistent.

Years ago when Ronaldo left man u for real madrid I couldn't help myself and stated in the man u tread that rooney is overrated and boy from the reaction you would think I just killed someone lol I got the impression any more of that and the ban hammer was coming down lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

10 games to go neither side should be championing been 2nd yet it's cringey and small time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don’t think United fans are championing being second....they refer to it as ‘top if we don’t include City.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We play before them again, so pressure back on if we win. They go away to Palace on MNF , tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don’t think United fans are championing being second....they refer to it as ‘top if we don’t include City.’

Probably don't want to be top anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I mentioned that Steve Bruce might of had a fat head and got myself banned.

Its not like Steve be checking out whats been said on boards about him.

I got carded for calling pogba a fancy haircut and a YouTube footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hi, my name is Princess and this is my first meeting.

I recieived a card once for wishing an injury upon Gary Neville.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Worth 15 minutes of your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Turtyturd wrote: »

Maybe we should write a book about it.

I’ve only ever seen 1 Club celebrate second place and they “ Dared To Dream” lol

The Above Liverpool cup.

Meanwhile City are in stitches laughing from their perch.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Seen this earlier.

Still a classic

BowedInfantileBeagle-max-1mb.gif

We need Norwich back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Watching MOTD Hennessy gets a weak hand to Kanes header and it's that that prevents the two defenders on the goal line from clearing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Hennessy is possibly worse than Mignolet. Terrible keeper. Amazing that he still has a starting gig in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hennessy is possibly worse than Mignolet. Terrible keeper. Amazing that he still has a starting gig in the prem.

He pulled off one or two decent saves before the goal.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

corwill wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Micheal Owen would be proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Regardless of the result against Utd, id say we'd be able to play pick-up 52 with all our cards.

Would love to go there play men behind ball and then hit them with a Salah goal in added time at end of game. That would hurt them more than going there and winning 5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll take the 5-2 if it's going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a card for expressing my opinion on an ex-Utd manager. Totally deserved and totally worth it.
    There is something to this Utd / Liverpool rivalry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got a card for expressing my opinion on an ex-Utd manager. Totally deserved and totally worth it.
    There is something to this Utd / Liverpool rivalry.

Get out of here, i thought it was just witty banter back and forth.

He pulled off one or two decent saves before the goal.

Yeah that's the problem with being a prem keeper, you can't afford to make the brain farts Hennessey makes which cost your team points. He's garbage. 2 good saves followed by a flap which costs you a point is just not good enough at that level.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'll take the 5-2 if it's going.

0-2 at 89 min, then 3 penalties (at least one dived for), 1 boxed handball effort and 1 Jones OG (hilariously GIFable), over the course of 13 minutes of injury time.

Ideally we'll beat Newcastle, Chelsea will lose to City, and we'll have a 7 point gap to 5th when we face United. I'd then hope Klopp would throw caution to the wind, even if Jose plays cagey, and just go at them like we do any other team, regardless of if we come up short and get hit on the counter.

As bad as Jose was at Anfield, Klopp didn't wanna be too gung ho and play into his hands. This time, I hope he gives it a whirl and see what happens. If they score first and close up shop that might kill that idea, but if we score first it could be a good game for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Ideally we'll beat Newcastle, Chelsea will lose to City, and we'll have a 7 point gap to 5th when we face United. I'd then hope Klopp would throw caution to the wind, even if Jose plays cagey, and just go at them like we do any other team, regardless of if we come up short and get hit on the counter.

As bad as Jose was at Anfield, Klopp didn't wanna be too gung ho and play into his hands. This time, I hope he gives it a whirl and see what happens. If they score first and close up shop that might kill that idea, but if we score first it could be a good game for once!

Klopp played cagey last time, Jose moaned about it since he had no midfield cover - our 3 Mids Emre/Hendo/Gini were outfighting their 2 at the time. Jose will defo play for 3 in middle and sit tight much like V Chelsea last time.

Will Klopp go for the juggular and unleash on them? Its a typical scenario, we go for it and they nick a 1-0 Klopp was naive - we sit tight and lose 1-0 then Jose is a master tactician :rolleyes:

I'm banking on Midfield of Can/Hendo/Milner (Or Gini) and then let the front 3 roam. At least we'll not gas out like Chelsea did yesterday when they were there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Klopp played cagey last time, Jose moaned about it since he had no midfield cover - our 3 Mids Emre/Hendo/Gini were outfighting their 2 at the time. Jose will defo play for 3 in middle and sit tight much like V Chelsea last time.

Will Klopp go for the juggular and unleash on them? Its a typical scenario, we go for it and they nick a 1-0 Klopp was naive - we sit tight and lose 1-0 then Jose is a master tactician :rolleyes:

I'm banking on Midfield of Can/Hendo/Milner (Or Gini) and then let the front 3 roam. At least we'll not gas out like Chelsea did yesterday when they were there for the taking.
    Can is one booking away from a ban, So if Hendo starts against Newcastle we can be sure Can will play against United, 

I think we will go Hendo, Can and Gini against United ,
    Jurgen will want Hendo and Can to help at set plays and physicality in midfield and Gini for the energy he brings, I think the midfield is pretty even ,
    Its all about which defence copes better with the front 3 players for me,
    Hate to say it but De Gea mite be the difference

• Advertisement

Milner has to start! He's been incredible in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Milner has to start! He's been incredible in the past few weeks.

Hes been great, but i said it a few days back can he do that week in and week out.

Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a cliche at this stage but he's a great pro, ask him to play anywhere and he'll give it socks.

Competition in midfield will be even greater next season but I hope he doesn't push for more playing time elsewhere, we need squad players like him.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hes been great, but i said it a few days back can he do that week in and week out.

Probably not.

Well he's done it the past 2 weeks at the best level we've see any of our midfielders this season. He's earned a starting place as far as I can see. Can/Wij/Ox/Hendo have all had plenty of runs in the mid 3 and have all had moments of mediocrity. Milner surely deserves a run in the preferred 3 now. Lallana for the deep sitting teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »

Probably not.

I don't get the criticism Milner gets. He's a top class player, has been great the last few games and appears to be savagely undervalued by many on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rob316 wrote: »
    Its a cliche at this stage but he's a great pro, ask him to play anywhere and he'll give it socks.

Competition in midfield will be even greater next season but I hope he doesn't push for more playing time elsewhere, we need squad players like him.
    I reckon we should offer him a coaching role as a way of keeping him on ,
    We have a young side and not many seasoned pro's so be nice to keep him around the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Milner has mostly been very good since we signed him. Excellent free signing.

Deserves to keep his spot in the team. He has hit form at a perfect time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Milner is one of those players that will give 120% week in week out.. a dying breed

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rumour has it that Milner is still that guy in training who is there first, give it his all and leaves last.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Milner is still that guy in training who is there first, give it his all and leaves last.

Like a fat guy at a bouffe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think we should play our normal game against Utd. Let José set them up for a draw but if we go attacking them, we could have a great win. They're not great defensively, apart from DDG.

Like a fat guy at a bouffe

Have you only heard that word and not actually seen it written down before? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

As a City fan I can tell you, much like Gareth Barry, you just don’t get realise how good a player he is until he’s played for your club. Always a 7/10 effort every game. Seriously under appreciated footballer

That's French. It's a French word

gstack166 wrote: »
    As a City fan I can tell you, much like Gareth Barry, you just don’t get realise how good a player he is until he’s played for your club. Always a 7/10 effort every game. Seriously under appreciated footballer

He's never awful, and rarely brilliant. He's Milner .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a French word for the German word lebensmittel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

DW5LRn2XUAcmReZ.jpg:large

Another weekend down, and another weekend closer to matching our league ambition of getting into the top 4 and securing CL football for another season.

We still need 5 wins and 4 draws and I am still looking at our 5 remaining home games to pick up these wins. We then have to pick up 4 points from our remaining 5 away games.

5 home games are all winnable games and IMO, we have to be targeting 15 points from these.

Newcastle,
    Watford
    Bournemouth,
    Stoke,
    Brighton

The Bournemouth one comes after a CL 1/4 final, so we may see some rotation for this one.

The Stoke one is at the very end of April, so they will no doubt be fighting for their lives. Hopefully they are relegated by then and have nothing to play for, or safe. Whichever is easiest! :P

As for the aways, they are somebit tricker, but there are some fixtures in which we can pick up points.

United
    Palace
    Everton (sandwiched in between the CL 1/4 finals)
    West Brom
    Chelsea

So we have to pick up 8 points here and straight away the eyes will jump to United & Chelsea. But we are currently in a position where we are not needing to beat either. A draw at both grounds will suffice. If we can keep 4 points ahead of Chelsea before we go to the Bridge, we will get top 4. It's as simple (:D) as that.

United away, while it would be nice to beat them for a number of reasons - they are United and it's always great to beat them, we can overtake them and fight for 2nd place, add pressure to Jose, and also to further our grip on top 4 position. But a draw will do here. As long as we don't lose, and give Chelsea a lifeline.

WBA - these should be relegated by the time we play them and I really hammer these p-ricks cos of the 0-0 earlier in the league and the FA Cup game, which was our best hope of silverware this season.

Everton away - they will be up for this one big time, but they are terrible at the moment. Especially away, and they will set up as the away side in this one, but the fans won't like that and will get on Big Sam's back. They want him out and they will let it known that sitting back at home and parking the bus at home in the derby will not be good enough. We may see some rotation in this game also.

Palace will be tough ground to go to, but winnable.

2nd place is there for us to aim for. and if we miss out, well then top 4 is vital. We can do this.

It just means food so your sentence doesn't make sense :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's a French word for the German word lebensmittel

Chicken tikka wrap for lunch :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

He's never awful, and rarely brilliant. He's Milner .

He should never be a full back, or a winger. He’s a centre midfielder ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement