Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Klavan needs a game, so does Lallana and Henderson. Woodburn should be playing also, with Solanke starting. Is Clyne fit, then he plays also.
    Mignolet needs to stay sharp. We have a deep squad, need to use it.

Toby, the Alberto Moreno of the Liverpool Superthread, you never know what he'll do next...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Haven't had so many ham sambo's since primary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Toby, the Alberto Moreno of the Liverpool Superthread, you never know what he'll do next...

I only ever know what he does next...
    When he's quoted! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Porto V Sporting on Free sports tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

FitzShane wrote: »
    It's well known that you have to build a relationship and understanding between GK & CB.

How many times did we see Mignolet come for a cross that he had no right mind in coming for, only to balls it up and concede. A cross that could have been dealt with by a defender. Or similarly how many times did he not come for a cross that he should have and allow a free header.

This does not happen now with Karius and VVD because of an effective communicator and relationship between the 2 who knows who comes when..

All of the too GKs and CBs over the past 20 years have talked about having a good relationship and understanding with their defence.

We look more solid defending corners and crosses now simply because VVD is a monster in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Porto V Sporting on Free sports tonight

Should be a cracker assuming the snow isn't too bad. I hear Porto are the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

They're almost as good as West Brom, they're that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

corwill wrote: »

In their dreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

corwill wrote: »

I'm gonna wait for the next west brom match and watch that instead

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eyerer wrote: »
    I'm gonna wait for the next west brom match and watch that instead

I can't believe they aren't the 3pm game tomorrow on sky. Terrible oversight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I hate all of you :D

I see Newcastle fans want Liverpool to refund them if they are unable to make the game tomorrow if it goes ahead

I see Newcastle fans want Liverpool to refund them if they are unable to make the game tomorrow if it goes ahead

I'd like to see LFC refund folks in that situation tbh.

Augeo wrote: »

Shouldn't be a problem, city probably had more fans at the Emirates last night(slight exaggeration) than Arsenal.

Will they refund Liverpool fans travelling from Ireland/elsewhere? :cool:

Augeo wrote: »

Yea it would be nice, but I say Newcastle should be looking after their fans not their fans saying Liverpool should be looking after them.

Yea it would be nice, but I say Newcastle should be looking after their fans not their fans saying Liverpool should be looking after them.

Absolutely. Why the hell would we refund other fans. Ashley has plenty of cash. Not that he likes to spend it..

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Who knows what will happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem, city probably had more fans at the Emirates last night(slight exaggeration) than Arsenal.

Lots of Arsenal fans stayed at home too.

In fairness, not watching Arsenal these days is definitely a case of "avoiding unnecessary journeys".

I'll be one of them. Knock opening tomorrow so it looks good for getting out at least. Apparently not huge snowfall in Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:)
    Gini Wijnaldum and Ben Woodburn have been struggling with sickness, and attempted to describe the pair as suffering from "diarrhoea".
    "It's not allowed to say in public? You don't say because you then imagine...? How can I learn the language when I can't say the word? What do you say then?

"They have the runs! Thank you very much."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-too-much-information-14360643

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Diego Cavalieri signed for Palace for rest of season

Worst player to ever hold the No. 1 jersey at Liverpool ??

Diego Cavalieri - he ever actually start a league game?

I'm struck by the incidence of illness of professional sportsmen. Esp when it's flu - get the jab!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Jurgen just say it's coming out both ends :pac:

Under Klopp, we've always been good going forward but weak at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I thought soft number 2s were a thing of the past with Gomez and TAA in form. Clearly not.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I thought soft number 2s were a thing of the past .

They are with a good diet;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Merry Christmas to everyone:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Any body think they'll be any issues heading over for the game Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Any body think they'll be any issues heading over for the game Tuesday?

"The ongoing situation is an evolving one and whilst we can't say with any certainty that we're out of the woods yet, we can see that, going forward, there is some light at the end of this particular tunnel."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

mosstin wrote: »
    "The ongoing situation is an evolving one and whilst we can't say with any certainty that we're out of the woods yet, we can see that, going forward, there is some light at the end of this particular tunnel."

Hope so.. be gutted if I couldn't make it

Whose quote is that?

Whose quote is that?

"Mine"

Porto just lost thier top scorer to injury, looked quite bad - hamstring possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did it happen in the first 3 minutes?

Asking for West Brom comparison purposes obviously.

"Mine"

:pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did it happen in the first 3 minutes?

Asking for West Brom comparison purposes obviously.

Jesus Turty, your new icon is just messing with my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jesus Turty, your new icon is just messing with my head.

It’s just temporary...other one wasn’t showing but don’t know if that was just down to general site issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was supposed to be going with the family for the game today and staying till Monday
    The flight was Dub-Man at 12.15pm, with no trains or buses going until after 11 I cant get there. We got it very bad in Waterford and the car ain't moving too.

Some dose trying to contact Ae Lingus as at present the flight is due to go ahead, so I guess unless the flight is cancelled no hope of refund :(

Anyone else supposed to go to the game today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club has made €47.9m so far from the CL.

Its a pity there isn't a goal premium, Liverpool would have reached 100m already :D! Actually that sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

James Lawton not loving Brendan Rodgers chances of managing Arsenal any time soon. Not sexy enough for the cosmopolitan Lawton, he's plumping for the Monaco coach instead. Why the Monaco boss would want to leave one club which offloads its best players to its rivals, for another club which does exactly the same thing in London and is under serious pressure to gain CL qualification over the medium term is not fully explained by the gregarious Little Englander.

I for one would welcome back to the EPL our former fast talking, Brentish charmer with the ultra-brite grill lighting up his perma-tanned noggin. Whatever else you say about him, the football is entertaining anyway.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal/james-lawton-replacing-wenger-with-rodgers-would-be-unkindest-cut-of-all-36660792.html

He'll be back in the Prem soon enough I'd say though as a pretty fluent Spanish speaker he might fancy his chances in la Liga with a decent side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

For his own sake I hope he steers clear of Arsenal. I can see a Rafa at Chelsea type situation developing with fans having a chip on their shoulder towards him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rodgers wouldn't be a success at arsenal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

For anyone who had travel cancelled today - Ryanair emailed me a link to request a refund for the flight over and the flight back and I have no reason to think I won't be getting the whole lot, inclusive taxes and charges. Fairly happy with that, only down the price of the match ticket.

Not sure about AerLingus.

I wonder how anfield will be today. I remember a very empty ground when the Icelandic volcano caused havoc and I believe we lost or drew although we were crap then and obviously the volcano affected a lot more flights than are affected now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I hope Rogers goes to Arsenal, the less challengers for top 4 the better

The breakdown is interesting, the TV pool money difference between Chelsea and Liverpool is massive as its split by how you finished in the league - 1st gets 40% (41m so far) of the PL pot 4th gets 10% (20m so far), finishing 2nd this year would mean 30% of the total next season. Presumably if Chelsea go out against Barca then that 40% is proportionally split between the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

For his own sake I hope he steers clear of Arsenal. I can see a Rafa at Chelsea type situation developing with fans having a chip on their shoulder towards him.

Or maybe even a Rodgers at Liverpool type situation, chips ahoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement