Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

martyos121 wrote: »
    Robertson had 117 touches, more than any other player on the pitch. I still remember his first couple of games where nobody would even pass to him, especially Phil. :pac:
    Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even Ox shocked at his motm, McManaman you plum

It's not really that important but it doesn't always have to be the goalscorers who got it.

I thought Ox did very well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even VAR would’ve got that right.

Decision would be coming in right about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's not really that important but it doesn't always have to be the goalscorers who got it.

I thought Ox did very well today.

Thought he did ok. Felt about 7 Liverpool players had better games :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Was really impressed by this catch from Karius from a corner.

giphy.gif

Caught the ball AND got the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Decision would be coming in right about now.

But it’d be the correct one...a free, and a red card.

Back to 2nd.

Putting Utd's winners w/o City trophy at bay until Monday.

Thought he did ok. Felt about 7 Liverpool players had better games :pac:

You're ignoring his assist though.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Winning the game is the most important thing. MOTM is just one person's opinion that means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

giphy.gif

Migs would have bottled that one, no disrespect, but Migs is not the bravest, very happy with Karius at the moment, organisation in front of him is probably helping. Thats a good few games Karius has been steady, good with ball at his feet as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You're ignoring his assist though.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Winning the game is the most important thing. MOTM is just one person's opinion that means nothing.

Jesus, of course it means nothing. It’s still blatantly wrong. McManaman hasn’t a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Charlie19 wrote: »
    **** him. He prevented a goal scoring opportunity for Salah, I want Salah to score as many goals as possible.

You're turning into the Jimmy Two Times of this thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I could get used to these routine wins.

Hopefully another next weekend.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Back to 2nd.

Putting Utd's winners w/o City trophy at bay until Monday.

Would be great if Hodgson put in a ‘Come and get me!’ performance on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

jose_mourinho_jurgen_klopp_2.jpg

klopp-mourinho.jpg?itok=vM1DtVsD

631755014.jpg?w=748&h=471&crop=1
    '' We're now second ''

Would be great if Hodgson put in a ‘Come and get me!’ performance on Monday.

Yeah, cant see it though. Palace are pretty poor.

Fingers crossed!

City to hopefully beat Chelsea tomorrow and there's a nice gap to 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I could get used to these routine wins.

Hoopefully another next weekend.

Very routine,almost boring really....I miss the chaos!

One alight beef,I'd like to see the top 3, especially bobby and Salah,being taken out earlier in some games. We need to not have them ****ed for the European cup final etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Migs would have bottled that one, no disrespect, but Migs is not the bravest, very happy with Karius at the moment, organisation in front of him is probably helping. Thats a good few games Karius has been steady, good with ball at his feet as well.

He's made some very good saves at crucial times in games. It's great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

As a goalkeeper myself it’s always nice to see a goalkeeper that was extremely low on confidence, gradually gain that back and put in an assured performance so it’s a huge credit to the Coaching staff there.

Mind you I still don’t think he is good enough if ye want to challenge for the league next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Karius

TAA Gomez Matip Klavan Moreno
    Gini Milner Lallana
    Solanke Ings

That team should do fine with a 5 goal advantage on Tuesday. Can’t see Klopp going with 2 strikers though.

Fingers crossed!

If they don’t the title race is back on though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Karius

TAA Gomez Matip Klavan Moreno
    Gini Milner Lallana
    Solanke Ings

That team should do fine with a 5 goal advantage on Tuesday. Can’t see Klopp going with 2 strikers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool are the top form side over the last 10

10-8-1-1-26:9-25

Averaging 2.06 PPG which is 78 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

giphy.gif

And fair play to Lovren for offering himself up as cannon fodder for the keeper :D

Thought Henderson should have been MOTM today, controlled the tempo, quickened it when the forwards started to show for it more, won his tackles, kept the shape of midfield right, kept talking to Can and Ox and crucially covered TAA on occasion, just a stable professional job which we needed in order to avoid an anxiety attack and a daft concession of possession/control of the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool are the top form side over the last 10

10-8-1-1-26:9-25

Averaging 2.06 PPG which is 78 points

The form table over the last 2 games (good sample size) is great too. Pity we didn't start great this season.

1. Manchester City 20 17 2 1 53:16 53
    2. Liverpool 20 14 5 1 53:16 47
    3. Chelsea 20 12 4 4 37:17 40
    4. Manchester Utd 20 12 3 5 32:18 39
    5. Tottenham 20 11 5 4 36:18 38
    6. Arsenal 20 9 5 6 39:29 32
    7. Leicester 20 7 7 6 29:28 28
    8. Burnley 20 7 6 7 16:17 27
    9. Bournemouth 20 6 8 6 28:31 26
    10. Everton 20 7 5 8 26:31 26
    11. Crystal Palace 20 5 9 6 23:25 24
    12. Brighton 20 5 8 7 20:27 23
    13. West Ham 20 5 7 8 28:37 22
    14. Swansea 20 6 4 10 19:32 22
    15. Watford 20 6 3 11 24:30 21
    16. Stoke 20 4 7 9 18:34 19
    17. Huddersfield 20 5 3 12 18:40 18
    18. Southampton 20 2 10 8 21:32 16
    19. Newcastle 20 3 6 11 17:32 15
    20. West Brom 20 1 7 12 15:33 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tinpib wrote: »
    You're turning into the Jimmy Two Times of this thread. :pac:

Just the one offence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

corcaigh07 wrote:
    That team should do fine with a 5 goal advantage on Tuesday. Can't see Klopp going with 2 strikers though.

Firmino needs a rest though our other striking options are utterly grim.

But it’d be the correct one...a free, and a red card.

you may be right but

var-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is Marius turning into a keeper finally??

Is Marius turning into a keeper finally??

Modern football fans. One decent game and they're proposing to players :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just the one offence though.

Nope, there was another one earlier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

astradave wrote: »
    As a goalkeeper myself it’s always nice to see a goalkeeper that was extremely low on confidence, gradually gain that back and put in an assured performance so it’s a huge credit to the Coaching staff there.

Mind you I still don’t think he is good enough if ye want to challenge for the league next year

After watching the Napoli V Roma match tonight and everything i've seen of him so far, i really do hope we go for Allison in the summer. He looks the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Karius' form is showing the effect of being told your number 1 and being given the confidence of being assured you won't be dropped for the next game.

He's unrecognisable.

Confidence is flowing. He's keeping his concentration. He's making saves. He's catching the ball.

Brilliant. More please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Fingers crossed!

Chelsea to beat to City and then there is only 15 points between us and City!!!

Stranger things have happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

We suddenly could find ourselves in a title challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Felt very confident we'd win even after struggling the first 20-30.

Felt very confident we'd see it out and control the game once ahead.

Okay it's only Newcastle at home, but there's an air of belief and confidence at the moment at both ends that I can't quite remember when we last experienced.

It's a reciprocal cyclical positive feedback loop between attack defence and crowd imo. I think the pressure is taken off the attack somewhat now that there's more reassurance at the back, and that's feeding into the crowd who don't get so nervy when we haven't scored or when we're only one or two ahead. I've said it before but i do think the signing of VVD is proving to be more than just one man - it's an influence and assurance spreading throughout the team into the stands and back into the team again.

Brilliant psychological momentum at the moment imo. I'm by no means an optimist fan but I think this should easily carry us to top 4 and who knows where in the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Modern football fans. One decent game and they're proposing to players :pac:

Lol, fcuk you autocorrect!!

Lol, fcuk you autocorrect!!

Calling someone autocorrect is highly offensive. You're lucky I don't report you because you'd definitely get carded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Morzadec wrote: »

Okay it's only Newcastle at home, but there's an air of belief and confidence at the moment at both ends that I can't quite remember when we last experienced.

It's a reciprocal cyclical positive feedback loop between attack defence and crowd imo. I think the pressure is taken off the attack somewhat now that there's more reassurance at the back, and that's feeding into the crowd who don't get so nervy when we haven't scored or when we're only one or two ahead. I've said it before but i do think the signing of VVD is proving to be more than just one man - it's an influence and assurance spreading throughout the team into the stands and back into the team again.

Brilliant psychological momentum at the moment imo. I'm by no means an optimist fan but I think this should easily carry us to top 4 and who knows where in the CL

100% agree. Our last league title challenge, how many games in a row did we have to win in a row to put us into a title challenge... 12?.... from the Spurs game we have won 3 in a row .. there are 9 left.... genuine title contenders realistically should be stringing them in a row off the bat... that will leave us on 87 for the year. Again, not a number good enough for the title but again a season where we only lost 3 times.

City would need 15 points from remaining 30 to better, they’ll get that and more. Next year is another year but we should be aiming for 87points which would of been close to our target at start of the year

SlickRic wrote: »
    Karius' form is showing the effect of being told your number 1 and being given the confidence of being assured you won't be dropped for the next game.

He's unrecognisable.

Confidence is flowing. He's keeping his concentration. He's making saves. He's catching the ball.

Brilliant. More please.

Agree, but should he be replaced in the summer?

Agree, but should he be replaced in the summer?

Mignolet should be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great save by karius today. He has looked better of late hopefully he can keep it up. Henderson probably our best player on the day. Front 3 weren't quite at it yet all played a part in the 2 goals. In a great position now going into next weeks game. Hopefully city get the win tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Morzadec wrote: »

Once you get into the old "reciprocal cyclical positive feedback loop", oh it's game on then

monkey9 wrote: »
    Mignolet should be replaced.

Well I'd say he wants to leave anyway, he'll want first team football.

• Advertisement

large.jpg

I don’t prescribe to that come in peace shît that has been going on the last week or so..

In all honesty I just come on boards to discuss football, the Liverpool match was on this evening and I’m just commenting on something from that match. I’m hardly going to discuss that in the Chelsea, city or United threads.. I also say things how I see them and can discuss rationally, without the need for a wind up.

After watching the Napoli V Roma match tonight and everything i've seen of him so far, i really do hope we go for Allison in the summer. He looks the business.

He’s an excellent goalkeeper, but, for the prices being muted, 65/70m Euro, I would think Oblak would be a better fit at €80m if he was up for the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't apply any of the "come in peace" scepticism to astradave anyway. Just for the record.

He’s an excellent goalkeeper, but, for the prices being muted, 65/70m Euro, I would think Oblak would be a better fit at €80m if he was up for the move.

There's talk of Allison being open to a move to Liverpool. He may be easier to get than Oblak. Who knows, but i wouldn't be unhappy with either keeper obviously.

Karius is doing well lately and it's good to see, but i'd rather he was battling with a proper world class keeper next year and if that keeper does well at Liverpool, then Karius can move on in a year or two.

I'm weary of Karius being our proper number one next year just because of a few good games.

There's talk of Allison being open to a move to Liverpool. He may be easier to get than Oblak. Who knows, but i wouldn't be unhappy with either keeper obviously.

Karius is doing well lately and it's good to see, but i'd rather he was battling with a proper world class keeper next year and if that keeper does well at Liverpool, then Karius can move on in a year or two.

I'm weary of Karius being our proper number one next year just because of a few good games.

If ye do bring in a top class keeper, I don’t know whether either of Mig or Karius would be happy to play back up. Ye could move both on and have Ward deputise for a year or two to develop with the first team, he seems to be a good talent but it’s a bit early for him.

The one worry I’d say would be if Karius does alright for the rest of the season and Klopp decides he doesn’t need another keeper

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement