Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

If United play like this at the weekend we'll tear then a new one.
    Unfortunately our match will be a different kettle of fish for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    WTF were Palace defence doing for that smalling goal

Tomkins didn't step up in line with the rest of the back 4......he was like a lost lamb. Shame after being so solid so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Holy sh*t, I just saw Benteke doing a back heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Imagine thinking United aren't leaving here tonight without a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

klose wrote: »

2-1 is still a result ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If United play like this at the weekend we'll tear then a new one.
    Unfortunately our match will be a different kettle of fish for them though.

No result here and it should force a bit more urgency in their usual game. I'd be certainly less worried about their suffocating style that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

And that is why a good goalkeeper makes such a difference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Erstwhile liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri on the bench for palace

Too bad this wasn't a Allardyce or Pulis Palace team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I hope ur relegated Palace

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

SlickRic wrote: »
    I always liked Roy Hodgson. Always rated him.

Your fault.

Obvious result was obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If Liverpool play the team rather than the occasion on Saturday they should beat that United team comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not to worry about Palace. 2nd place still in our hands.

Need to win on Saturday.

We owe Utd one, don't think we've beaten them since 13/14 at Old Trafford.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not to worry about Palace. 2nd place still in our hands.

Need to win on Saturday.

We owe Utd one, don't think we've beaten them since 13/14 at Old Trafford.

A fair few dire draws in there sandwiched by van gaal doing us for 6 points one season iirc not including the EL tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Christian Benteke is a liability in that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Apart from the Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Win on Saturday and Liverpool could be 8 points ahead of United before they play in the league again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

We were so close to getting an open exciting game Saturday.

That late goal means another borefest 0-0

Win on Saturday and Liverpool could be 8 points ahead of United before they play in the league again

We can only be 7 ahead, but we could be 5 behind with 2 games extra played if it all went pear shaped. I very much doubt it will, but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    We can only be 7 ahead, but we could be 5 behind with 2 games extra played if it all went pear shaped. I very much doubt it will, but still.

All if ands and buts lol. just hope it is not a boring game on Saturday

Forgot its an early kick off Saturday, weekend will either be ruined or turned up a notch before 3.

Anyways, Porto game to get dealt with first. I see Robertson is a doubt so assume moreno slots in. I'd like to see solanke get a game with Salah and mane either side of him.

Expect the worst. 3 shots on target in the whole 90 minutes. 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just beat them Saturday for **** sake. Just show some belief and we can. our attack can tear them apart.

Boring crap game with a last minute dodgy winner for Liverpool sounds fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Hmmm, Saturday, i'd take a 96th minute goal when only 2 mins of injury time were given, that rebounds off Firmino's hand, goes through De Gea's legs and doesn't cross the line but the linesman gives it anyway. :)

rob316 wrote: »
    Just beat them Saturday for **** sake. Just show some belief and we can. our attack can tear them apart.

They have the most powerful and hard to break down bus in the world. We’re not tearing them apart. Scrappy early goal for us is the only chance we get a decent match.

They have the most powerful and hard to break down bus in the world. We’re not tearing them apart. Scrappy early goal for us is the only chance we get a decent match.

We definitely have the ability to do better than scoring a scrappy goal. Klopp will set up more defensively than usual as well for this game. Maybe not in personnel, but the full backs won't be as far forward, and so on. Not losing is as big for us as it is for them really. A draw doesn't necessarily suit both teams, but neither would be devastated with a draw given the context.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't think they are that good defensively they give up a huge amount of chances. The thing they have is an unbelievable keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Vicky Van Dicky from a corner is my prediction. He's a goal machine, will get 10 a season for us. He can win this game for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

rob316 wrote: »

It's going to be difficult to break down that Flat Back 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Forgot its an early kick off Saturday, weekend will wither be ruined or turned up a notch before 3.

Anyways, Porto game to get dealt with first. I see Robinson is a doubt so assume moreno slots in. I'd like to see solanke get a game with Salah and mane either side of him.

Ah come on no excuses for not knowing Andy's surname by now

I don't think they are that good defensively they give up a huge amount of chances. The thing they have is an unbelievable keeper.

Any team is good defensively if they play 6-3-1 which United will on Saturday.

robwen wrote: »
    Ah come on no excuses for not knowing Andy's surname by now

Oh wow that's a bad one now, mixing him up with ex left back jack Robinson (whom I thought would play for us for years).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

No reason why we can't put 3 or 4 past utd on sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The extra space at Old Trafford should in theory play into the hands of Firmino, Salah and Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Credit where credit is due, they never gave up and you have to say hats off.

Just shows you what that group of players can do if they weren't held back so much.

Jammy feckers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The extra space at Old Trafford should in theory play into the hands of Firmino, Salah and Mane.

Plus tonights result for utd will I think give them a bit of confidence against us which hopefully might get them to play abit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ONe good reason - De Gea

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Them 2 points ahead of us means Mourinho will park 2 buses and if the reverse fixture is anything to go by then I expect the same at old trafford but all 3 of our forwards are in serious form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Just sitting deep is not good enough though. Salah, Can and Henderson are all capable of shots from distance. If you try and close them down too far from your box, you give the front 3 the chance to get 1 on 1 with a defender. De Gea will be crucial, as will their FBs staying narrow and clocking crosses, and not leaving space between them and their CB...

2 league wins in the last 13 or so years at their ground, so cant say I'm too optimistic.

However, we have the players to really have a good go. I think if we score first it'll be a cracking game.

Realistic 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It'll be another drab draw. Mourinho will park the bus and try and counter us on the break.

Vicxas wrote: »
    It'll be another drab draw. Mourinho will park the bus and try and counter us on the break.

I think they'll raise their game. Akin to a cup final for them with the title challenge looking over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I think they'll raise their game. Akin to a cup final for them with the title challenge looking over.

Why would it be more like a cup final to united in comparrison to liverpool?

Both are miles behind city or have I missed something?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why would it be more like a cup final to united in comparrison to liverpool?

Both are miles behind city or have I missed something?

I can't believe you fell for that. Disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

5starpool wrote: »
    I can't believe you fell for that. Disappointed.

Ill Try to be better next time buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone have any idea what sort of side Porto are going to play tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

FitzShane wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what sort of side Porto are going to play tonight?

A very weak one in fairness, missing some of their best players.. I’d say Klopp will have one eye on the weekend and bring in a few of the bench/awuad players for a run out. Not a hope Porto are coming back into that match, still think yer weakened team would win or draw against them at Anfield

Klopp won't play as weakened a side as he probably should. Ings, Solanke, Moreno, Klavan, Lallana, Gomez should all start, but I don't know if they all will.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement