Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8 (ta-1052)??

• 01-02-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Looking at this Nokia 8
    It works out at 380 euro delivered, just wondering will it work OK here on Vodafone?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Going by a quick google, that's the Chinese version. Where are you getting that from? It'll probably be missing some bands so won't work here fully. The EU version is available on Amazon.de for €385 https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B074SRNB6S/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new I'd get that instead for the few extra quid instead of chancing the other one. Not to mention Amazon's customer service and support is usually top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Nokia 8 just got a big price drop (to approx. €380) in India so it is possible that the same will happen in other countries as Nokia are expected to launch a couple of new phones at the end of this month.

I just bought an 8 from eGlobal for €338 but according to their website the phone doesn't have band 20 so it is no good for Vodafone. I don't know what model number my phone is as they don't list it but I will get the phone on Monday according to the tracking so I can post the model number here if you are interested.

To be honest if I had found the listing on Amazon.de for €385 I probably would have bought there for the comfort of a decent guarantee but too late for me now.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Thanks that would be great

Model on Amazon.de is single sim model(ta-1012)Single sim,

Eu model is (ta-1004)Dual sim,
    Chinese model (ta-1052)Dual sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

440762.jpg

My new phone arrived today and it is a TA-1052.

You can see from the photo that the spec sheet that came with the phone appears to show that it does have LTE Band 20 but my Chinese is not that great so I do stand to be corrected on that.

But the bands shown on the spec sheet do would seem to match what this site is saying.

I'm afraid that I have no way to check for band 20 as my provider uses 900Mhz and 2600Mhz.

You could try emailing eGlobal and asking them for confirmation if you are going to purchase from them.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement