Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one connection catastrophe

Options
  • 01-02-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread didn't know whether to put this in this or networking.

So my xbox has been doing my skull in since I bought it just before Christmas. I can't play any multiplayer games for longer than half an hour and sometimes as short has 5 minutes until all of the players start lagging across my screen. I'm looking at the detailed network statistics at the moment and it currently says this.
    DL speed:9.63
    UL:0.83
    Packet loss:0
    Latency:51
    Wirecess strength:100%
    Nat type:open

I'm with eircom so that explains the awful speeds (for 55 a month), but I'm not in my **** ringing them because they are beyond useless. My xbox is set on ipv4 and I haven't a clue why because as far as I know I enabled it in my router settings under LAN. I don't know if the ipv4 is the cause of the problem or something else. Google has been useless I've tried port forwarding and all. The router is close enough but in such a position that going wired wold be quite a task so it's definitely last resort. I had an xbox one before and had absolutely zero problems with the exact same router.

Can someone who has experienced this problem please help before I **** my router across an eir employees head thanks.

Advertisement