Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

These types of snow mad threads are very informative and entertaining. Another late night on the screens beckons for me, and I love the updates, although the charts bewilder me!

I just wish that posters who do not have a location beside their name would fekkin TELL US where they are!!

Best of luck for snow all.

Where is your location?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

eh is it bad enough for school to be cancelled?

I wish :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

eh is it bad enough for school to be cancelled?

Not at all, a red warning is what’s needed to shut schools . A little few flurries is what Is expected really . A yellow warning is what’s in place now

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Swellan

Cavan Town. Light snow but steady for the last 40 minutes or so. Small snow flakes. Temperature jut below zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Next hour we should expect to see an increase in reports of snow coverings now in the east

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

You do know you are free to open a thread yourself, right?

Didn't know that so thanks for that valuable info. :)

*Runs off to open a thread for no apparent reason.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thereisacar

ah cheers anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

pad199207 wrote: »
    Next hour we should expect to see an increase in reports of snow coverings now in the east

Increase indeed, the snow bunnies will mass, see you all in spring!

dc068070c38d039654e73306e41443641506f41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well... a band of light / occasionally mod snow is on approach to the capital.......What time does this thread get to 100 pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

Lovely snow shower here betwwen kilbeggan and mullingar. Started of as swizzle an hr ago but has beefed up in the last 15 mins. Proper flakes of medium size. Not much sticking yet. But beautiful under the lights. 10 cm coming. I just know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

radar says in should be snowing in Kilkenny but its not just a warning to you all watching the front push near the east coast its so light its evaporating before it even touches the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Not at all, a red warning is what’s needed to shut schools . A little few flurries is what Is expected really . A yellow warning is what’s in place now

A red warning is only required for wind to shut schools. I'd imagine snow well-worthy of an orange warning would likely cause a few closures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Yr says no snow, thats good enough for me !! :D

martyfurey wrote: »
    10 cm coming. I just know it.

Keep dreaming :P. Maybe someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A red warning is only required for wind to shut schools. I'd imagine snow well-worthy of an orange warning would likely cause a few closures

Was thinking that myself actually a good 5-6 cm could be enough to close the schools if they wish

Cork airport reporting snow at 8pm, and the TAF amended to reflect snow until possibly 1am.

Meanwhile in West Clare it's 3.7c and drizzly. Enjoy ye * ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »

Are you not building a snowman yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

-0.6C with the DP haven risen slightly at -2.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest...

Any reports from Gonzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Dunno if I can muster the enthusiasm to even stay awake past 10pm to see what this phantom like front can rustle up for Dublin. It’s a sorrowful looking effort. Clearly at this stage there should be widespread reports of snow right across the midlands were this of any note. I’m now Predicting 1cm max in city near sea level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Didn't know that so thanks for that valuable info. :)

*Runs off to open a thread for no apparent reason.

MOD NOTE ,

KEEP IT ON TOPIC PLEASE AND CIVIL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Latest...

Any reports from Gonzo?

Nothing falling in Newbridge yet 1.0c -1.9dp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Nothing falling in Newbridge yet 1.0c -1.9dp

That doesn't inspire that much confidence in the radar.

bbc158ba6be0918a7c30e7bcd6daab6b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Whilst I await for the Ireland snow pictures, enjoy these ones taken in Spain tonight.

QNZX57x.png

1pYg2b4.png

What city is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I have 5-a-side at 9 pm. Just the night for getting a bang of the ball on the ear! Hope to be using the orange ball...but I doubt there'll be that much a need.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Cork airport reporting snow at 8pm, and the TAF amended to reflect snow until possibly 1am.

Meanwhile in West Clare it's 3.7c and drizzly. Enjoy ye * ;)

Huh, basically 5 minutes away from the airport and its sleeting. Is it *that* localised? :o

wakka12 wrote: »
    What city is that?

Ávila

Huh, basically 5 minutes away from the airport and its sleeting. Is it *that* localised? :o

Are you elevated? The airport does have an elevation to it's advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Confirming snow in Cork on very high ground. Sleet stuff for most in Cork sofar anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Cork airport is 500ft / 150m ASL

Advertisement