Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well... a band of light / occasionally mod snow is on approach to the capital.......What time does this thread get to 100 pages?

I wonder if snow threads when its snowing in dublin are the most highly trafficed on boards? Seems like it to me, can't think of any other forum or topic that gets as many posts ..maybe if there was a thread about a big match on after hours or something

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

sdanseo wrote: »
    That doesn't inspire that much confidence in the radar.

bbc158ba6be0918a7c30e7bcd6daab6b.png

yep just nipped outside bone dry

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

I really hope we will get something in Hollywoood, west Wicklow and elsewhere tonight, it would correlate with what is nearly a record braking snowfall today in my home town called Roznava in southern Slovakia, where almost a foot and a half(40cm) fell so far today and still going :)

1773a4ddc535ef2f1d970925ace1d4811e4e25d7.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

1.5C and falling rapidly.

DP -3.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The temp is dropping rapidly now with the approaching rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Are you elevated? The airport does have an elevation to it's advantage.

ah forgot about that. Dammit.

I mean it is sleety out, big drops so maybe.. maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

South West Laois - can't see anything falling depsite what the radar is showing, but can feel tiny icy specks landing on me. Bitterly cold out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I have 5-a-side at 9 pm. Just the night for getting a bang of the ball on the ear! Hope to be using the orange ball...but I doubt there'll be that much a need.

Me too! Wont be able to sleep after anyway so goid excuse to stay up and lamp post watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I have 5-a-side at 9 pm. Just the night for getting a bang of the ball on the ear! Hope to be using the orange ball...but I doubt there'll be that much a need.

A Stinger on the inside of the thigh , just the thing to warm you up ,

I was left with a ball shaped bruise for about a week back in 2010 at the beginning of the good weather :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Snowing now in Dunshaughlin. Light, but getting heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Netweather has rain in dundalk.

yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Starting to stick now in Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Periscal wrote: »
    I really hope we will get something in Hollywoood, west Wicklow and elsewhere tonight, it would correlate with what is nearly a record braking snowfall today in my home town called Roznava in southern Slovakia, where almost a foot and a half(40cm) fell so far today and still going :)

And yet, still only a yellow warning: https://www.imeteo.sk/vystrahy

Met Éireann would have to invent a whole new colour if that was here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Still snowing here but melting quicker than it can stick. 0.6c. Dew point 0.0c.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sdanseo wrote: »
    That doesn't inspire that much confidence in the radar.

bbc158ba6be0918a7c30e7bcd6daab6b.png

It was snowing (wet) here at 19:50, radar said "no". So in my opinion, radar smadar!

A quick glance at the ME radar and I see that the front has almost finished passing over Athlone, so I went outside to see not a single patch of white stuff.

So all I expect to see here tomorrow morning is frost and black ice!.

I had the same issues with netweather's radar during the last snowy spell in Dublin.

I think it's accurate enough, just that the precipitation overlay is shunted to the East by a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Nothing in portlaoise yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Periscal wrote: »

1773a4ddc535ef2f1d970925ace1d4811e4e25d7.jpg

I really need to move to a snowy place like that.It would do my heart good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there's about 10 dandruff particles on the bin lid and it's stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Couldn't get enough of the Spain photos from tonight I previously posted? Well then, have some more :D. These ones are taken in a place near Barcelona.

FN30ndZ.png

tTVmJAo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Looks like it's turning to green near Blanch on the latest netweather...

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Great photos, but, like, they hurt to look at.

That's what my road looked like in 82

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

netweather is showing snow above me but there is absolutely nothing falling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow on radar over me in Kildare but nada falling 0.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Gonzo wrote: »
    netweather is showing snow above me but there is absolutely nothing falling here.

And the heavier stuff following is breaking up on radar. Doesn't look good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »

Snowing up here now, nothing to get excited about yet though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temp on the rise now in Dublin 16 as the front approaches. -0.1c DP -1.9c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I really need to move to a snowy place like that.It would do my heart good

have you ever lived for long periods in a snow prone area, I have , great to look out the window at for a few hours, complete bugger to work and travel in .
    thanks Ill pass.

Advertisement