Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Anyone out in Tallaght got a lampost they can observe and report back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

STOP EVERYTHING

It’s snowing in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

pad199207 wrote: »
    STOP EVERYTHING

It’s snowing in Naas

Hurray

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

STOP EVERYTHING

It’s snowing in Naas

Send it my way Pad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

this whole band of precipitation has fallen as snow all the way from the start (here in Tipp), real pity this wasn't a more active front, could have been something special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

About 30 tiny flakes od snow now falling in Celbridge now. Still no need for the orange ball yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Been snowing light to moderately since about seven, near Clara Offaly, nice covering on grass and cars, about a cm . Roads just wet, might be fun in the morning if this freezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

A few flakes blowing in the breeze, suncroft kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

gabeeg wrote: »
    Anyone out in Tallaght got a lampost they can observe and report back on?

Nothing yet.. sky starting to get that orange sort of glow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think the front portion of the front is undergoing some intensification! So perhaps snizzle will transition to light snow for the city peeps soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

STOP EVERYTHING

It’s snowing in Naas

Did it require a lampost or outside light to notice, flurry style or is a falling and covering noticeably?

amor3 wrote: »
    Nothing yet.. sky starting to get that orange sort of glow though!

Keep us lamposted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just sleet here near Mallow. It's not that heavy but still persistent enough. Should be some lying snow further east anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Oh dear, looks like this is going down the tubes at a rapid rate 😭😭 funny MT is usually pretty spot-on, he predicted 3-5cm for the Dublin Region. Is there something we are missing? Is there a heavier band of precipitation due to come through after the initial front?

Current posts consist of snizzle and grains. Typical, just when we have the correct temperature on the east coast, there is not enough precipitation!!!! Snow chasing in Ireland is truly maddening!!👿👿

D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Went to the shops there. 3.5c when the car started but it had been only parked a few hours so some residual heat. Stable 1.5c for the whole return journey. Malahide.

Also absolutely nothing falling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It looks like there's a somewhat insignificant warm trough right in front of the heavier stuff. It's shallow and also running into drier air where those rather low dewpoints near the east coast are. Which will kill it off somewhat. I'm told there's still no snow falling in Louth.

The fun and games for the east coast will be a bit later than now, with wind picking up and perhaps even some convergence near the sea. Not sure about central Dublin but I'd say some lying snow will be widespread, 2 cm typically with more on higher ground and further north generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Very light snow just started in celbridge about 5 mins ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Postcode rosary will be starting imminently.

Gerry Murphys out putting salt on his drive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Decent snow flakes now here, settling on the car and grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Temperature and Dp have risen here. 0.0/-2.2C. No snow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

derekon wrote: »
    Oh dear, looks like this is going down the tubes at a rapid rate ���� funny MT is usually pretty spot-on, he predicted 3-5cm for the Dublin Region. Is there something we are missing? Is there a heavier band of precipitation due to come through after the initial front?

Current posts consist of snizzle and grains. Typical, just when we have the correct temperature on the east coast, there is not enough precipitation!!!! Snow chasing in Ireland is truly maddening!!����

D

I wasn't expecting anything till after 10 , although the radar is saying it snowing now on NetWeather , but it isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

Very light snow in Kilnamanagh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Such marginal conditions here in Waterford City with a Temp of 2.8c DP -0.2c and Wet Bulb 1.6c. When or if the precipitation arrives we might see more favorable temps but as it stands not looking good for a covering.

i set up a Youtube Stream for the "Event" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

Nothing in West Wicklow yet

Snow sighted D16!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Apologies,
    Haven't had a chance to read back, but are ye expecting more than ME's forecast 'snow flurries' tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Apologies,
    Haven't had a chance to read back, but are ye expecting more than ME's forecast 'snow flurries' tonight?

Not really. Some localised periods of light snow, but generally passing dandruff. Coin toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

5 flakes in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

jds0ur wrote: »
    I believe 2030 - 2100

I think if that prediction is yyyy you're bang on the money, but otherwise out of luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Sleet here in North Cork/South Limerick

Advertisement