Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

gabeeg wrote: »
    Keep us lamposted

Light snow falling now... 357 ft asl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Very very very light WHTE GOLD shower in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has stopped. Just sent it to Dublin there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

On bus coming into Naas. Its lightly snowing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Light snow Clondalkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Arklow
    Air 0.6c
    Dp -2.3c
    Wb -0.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Meanwhile temperature has climbed a full 1.1c in the past 15 minutes here in West Clare, now 4.8c and the humidity has climbed a nice bit too to 96%.

No hope for snow showers it seems either.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Starting to get heavier but not sticking (Naas)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

A few snow speckles up by liffey valley shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 coddle

Just starting in D6 now. Very very light

And it’s gone ��

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Snowing moderately since 9pm Banbridge/Newry, Co. down, not big flakes but enough to cover the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭the 12 th man

Just started in West Wicklow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

still coming down very lightly in Newbridge

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very light snow now in Dublin 16. 0.3c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Meanwhile....

Currently Active Users
    877 (286 members & 591 guests)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Light snow Clondalkin

I had a peek out the window, and I can't see anything. I'm in Clondalkin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2118 met update

A band of light rain and drizzle will turn increasingly to sleet and snow tonight as it moves eastwards over the country before clearing later in the night. Wintry showers will then start to extend into Atlantic coastal counties towards dawn. As well as a light dusting of snow in places, frost and ice will also form, leading to hazardous conditions on untreated roads and footpaths. Lowest temperatures of -2 to +1 degrees. Light to moderate southerly winds will veer northwest and increase strong along Atlantic coasts.

Tomorrow
    Tuesday will be cold and bright day with sunny spells and wintry showers, the showers most frequent in the west and north with drier and brighter conditions in the east and southeast. Afternoon highs just 3 to 5 degrees, and feeling colder in the moderate to fresh and gusty northwest winds

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Very light snow in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

North Kildare/South Meath border and there was a light flurry for about 15 minutes but stopped again. Have a dusting on the roof of the cars. Front is losing intensity quite quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I had a peek out the window, and I can't see anything. I'm in Clondalkin as well.

Blizzard? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

Just started snowing lightly in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Grass, roofs, car etc now white, but not concrete or road surfaces yet.
    Air temperature continues to fall 0.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Esel wrote: »
    Blizzard? :)

I wish :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow getting a bit heavier here now and there is a very slight frost like dusting, I think it's graupel rather than snow as it has that slightly icey sound as it falls.

What is really frustrating about tonight is that conditions here are perfect for a proper dumping of snow. If this had a precipitation level similar to the majority of Atlantic frontal systems we see throughout the year, we would all be looking at a dinner plate whiteout right now!

Tonight may not deliver much snow, but there may be more opportunities for better snow events throughout the next few weeks as the outlook is a rather cold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

We have lift off in D14 - Light snow! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Snowing lightly in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Lift off here too ! D17

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Lift off here too ! D17

Send it here to D13 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

confirmed; albeit soooooo light i actually had to go outside to look at the lamppost, nothing visible through the window!

goatstown

Advertisement