Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Snow & Ice Possible Thursday 8th / Friday 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Roofs and grass covered here in south Laois - though probably less than 1cm. Roads and paths have a slushy mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

About 1cm here in Ongar, west Dublin. The grass, tree branches, rooftops and cars all completely covered white and some footpaths and roads slowly starting to whiten too. It's a very unusual type of tiny wet snowflakes, almost glittery looking against the streetlights. Been snowing almost 2.5 hours now and getting heavier in the last 15 mins or so.

Edit, roads whitening more quickly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lovely watching the snow fall without a hint of a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

So close in Sligo

Started off as snow and now rain but surprisingly its been snowing and raining for 7 hours non stop now.

It could have been epic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Seems it is only the storms that actually happen now.

Hope over reality regarding snow now. But maybe when I wake up in the morning it will be a whiteout.

It will happen unexpectedly when the forecast is for sunny skies or something.

Sorry you have been disappointed again.

Seems to be exactly what Met Eireann forecast? No?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm not nearly as good as Redsunset was with regards to the quality posts on the topic, but I hope I've made them interesting enough to read.

Your only starting out , although Im nearly fully sure you will someday soon surpass his expertise on the matter :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm certainly not disappointed after seeing pistolpetes11's pics there, hot diggity dog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The radar is showing more returns over Munster again, I thought that would have more energy, but still remains to be seen. It seems to be the fragmented remains of front #2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Getting heavier now near Arklow with bigger flakes
    Flakes are powdery dry at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Your only starting out , although Im nearly fully sure you will someday soon surpass his expertise on the matter :cool:

That said, if late Feb isn't 1947 part II you should ban him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well the place is white here, not as much as the last couple of times snow fell but sure its better then nothing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Getting heavier again in Newbridge , this is officially my best snow since 2010 , was going to head to bed at 12 , but no Im Sad Im going to stay up and watch it flowing down , then instead of the kids waking me first thing in the morning Im going to be into them , 3 and 5 years age and were going to make our first snowwomen tomorrow

or her

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Meh not a bad photo :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow getting its act together now in Dublin 16, s bit more intensity and bigger flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

gabeeg wrote: »
    That said, if late Feb isn't 1947 part II you should ban him

Now now now, let's not get carried away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Just the start of frost on the roofs of cars here in Nth Wicklow by the coast . Dry as a bone otherwise, glad some of you are enjoying the snow falling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Getting going near Santry, looking white outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Getting heavier again in Newbridge , this is officially my best snow since 2010 , was going to head to bed at 12 , but no Im Sad Im going to stay up and watch it flowing down , then instead of the kids waking me first thing in the morning Im going to be into them , 3 and 5 years age and were going to make our first snowwomen tomorrow

That's what's it all about

It lets us be children again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

UKMO aviation charts for 00Z and 06Z, showing the area of showers (A1) moving in with occasional snow and thundershowers by morning.

440818.gif

440819.gif

• Advertisement

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Meh not a bad photo :)

Ration your food. Burn books for heat if you have to.

Help is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

The band of precipitation along the east coast has really filled in the last hour or so. Looks like some easterly push back even. Louth down to Wicklow should see some failing for quite a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'd say at least 2cms now in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Gotta say, ARPEGE had this one fairly well nailed down from about 4 days back, it was maybe about 4 hours off in terms of arrival time, but the intensity and track was dead on. ECM had a great handle on the accumulations too, ie. barely any.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Light dry snow in Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

We just need it to stall now- with an unexpected pushback from the east...asking for much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Dublin Airport
    Air 0.0
    Dewpoint -0.7
    Wet bulb -0.3
    SNOW

Casement
    Air -0.3
    Dewpoint -0.9
    Wet bulb -0.5
    SNOW

Tá sé ag cur fíor-sneachta...ar deireadh.

Is maith liom an bolgán fluich anois!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

MJohnston wrote: »
    Gotta say, ARPEGE had this one fairly well nailed down from about 4 days back, it was maybe about 4 hours off in terms of arrival time, but the intensity and track was dead on. ECM had a great handle on the accumulations too, ie. barely any.
    Arpege showed it as rain when I looked last two days though?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wasn't expecting this. Thick heavy snow settling on pavements now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Heavy snow now real umph in it!

Advertisement