Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation issues - FTTH

Options
  • 01-02-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I've a number of issues which have turned this into on ongoing saga.

I ordered the 1000Mbps package over webchat on Saturday 13 January. The sales rep told me that it would be installed on the following Friday, 19 January. On the Monday, I booked that day off work. 

However, on Tuesday 16 January I received an email and a text saying that the installation was scheduled for Tuesday 23 January. As this didn't suit me, I phoned and rearranged this to Thursday 25 January. I received the email and text confirmation of this date on Tuesday 16 January immediately after rearranging the appointment. I believe that the rep I spoke to on the phone applied an additional €5 per month discount over 6 months to make up for the hassle.

In the days leading up to Thursday 25 January, I received no reminder email or text as indicated on the confirmation email. Having taken the day off work but heard nothing from the engineer, on the morning of Thursday 25 January, I phoned eir to query what was happening. The automatic message on the phone line, having recognised my mobile number, said that installation was due that day. 

However, once I got speaking to a rep, it turned out that it was scheduled for the following Thursday, 1 February, IE today. The rep I spoke to on Thursday morning wasn't particularly helpful and fobbed me off onto Openeir. Openeir were only able to tell me that the change between 25 January and 1 February was requested by Eir. 

Later that evening I spoke to a different rep over the phone who was as helpful as she possibly could be. She applied a €40 goodwill credit to the account to make up for the hassle this time.

I received no email or text reminder, or phonecall from the engineer prior to today. Again I phoned Openeir who confirmed that the appointment was going ahead today. So here I am, third day taken off work, and no sign of an engineer or a phonecall from him. At about 4.00pm I phoned Openeir and all they could do was send an email to the rep asking him to call me. I heard nothing and so phoned again at about 4.45pm and was this time transferred directly to KN. Again all they could do is email the engineer.

At 5.15pm the engineer phoned from the van outside the house, having just arrived. He took a quick look at the premises and said that it would take 3 or 4 hours and he won't be doing it then.

So now I have three days taken off work and nothing to show for it.

A few minutes later I received an email and text saying that installation has been arranged for Monday, 5 February in the morning. This will be the fourth day I've taken off work.

Twice this evening I explained this over the phone to Eir and twice the phone call was cut off. 

I am hoping that the reps here can doing something more for me as €70 off (IE approximately one month's fee in the early discounted phase) doesn't really stack up against four days off work. At this rate I'll have no holidays left.

In particular the issues are:
    1) Who in Eir changed the appointment from 25 January to 1 February?
    2) Why was this rearranged when I hadn't asked for it?
    3) Why was I not informed of this change until I phoned on the morning of 25 January?
    4) Why did I not receive either a confirmation of the 1 February appointment by email or text, or a reminder within 48 hours as your emails indicate?
    5) Why did the engineer not phone me ahead of time as your emails indicate?
    6) Is there anything you can do for me now as some sort of small recompense towards the time and hassle of this whole saga, and the four days holidays I'll now have used up?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I've a number of issues which have turned this into on ongoing saga.

I ordered the 1000Mbps package over webchat on Saturday 13 January. The sales rep told me that it would be installed on the following Friday, 19 January. On the Monday, I booked that day off work. 

However, on Tuesday 16 January I received an email and a text saying that the installation was scheduled for Tuesday 23 January. As this didn't suit me, I phoned and rearranged this to Thursday 25 January. I received the email and text confirmation of this date on Tuesday 16 January immediately after rearranging the appointment. I believe that the rep I spoke to on the phone applied an additional €5 per month discount over 6 months to make up for the hassle.

In the days leading up to Thursday 25 January, I received no reminder email or text as indicated on the confirmation email. Having taken the day off work but heard nothing from the engineer, on the morning of Thursday 25 January, I phoned eir to query what was happening. The automatic message on the phone line, having recognised my mobile number, said that installation was due that day. 

However, once I got speaking to a rep, it turned out that it was scheduled for the following Thursday, 1 February, IE today. The rep I spoke to on Thursday morning wasn't particularly helpful and fobbed me off onto Openeir. Openeir were only able to tell me that the change between 25 January and 1 February was requested by Eir. 

Later that evening I spoke to a different rep over the phone who was as helpful as she possibly could be. She applied a €40 goodwill credit to the account to make up for the hassle this time.

I received no email or text reminder, or phonecall from the engineer prior to today. Again I phoned Openeir who confirmed that the appointment was going ahead today. So here I am, third day taken off work, and no sign of an engineer or a phonecall from him. At about 4.00pm I phoned Openeir and all they could do was send an email to the rep asking him to call me. I heard nothing and so phoned again at about 4.45pm and was this time transferred directly to KN. Again all they could do is email the engineer.

At 5.15pm the engineer phoned from the van outside the house, having just arrived. He took a quick look at the premises and said that it would take 3 or 4 hours and he won't be doing it then.

So now I have three days taken off work and nothing to show for it.

A few minutes later I received an email and text saying that installation has been arranged for Monday, 5 February in the morning. This will be the fourth day I've taken off work.

Twice this evening I explained this over the phone to Eir and twice the phone call was cut off. 

I am hoping that the reps here can doing something more for me as €70 off (IE approximately one month's fee in the early discounted phase) doesn't really stack up against four days off work. At this rate I'll have no holidays left.

In particular the issues are:
    1) Who in Eir changed the appointment from 25 January to 1 February?
    2) Why was this rearranged when I hadn't asked for it?
    3) Why was I not informed of this change until I phoned on the morning of 25 January?
    4) Why did I not receive either a confirmation of the 1 February appointment by email or text, or a reminder within 48 hours as your emails indicate?
    5) Why did the engineer not phone me ahead of time as your emails indicate?
    6) Is there anything you can do for me now as some sort of small recompense towards the time and hassle of this whole saga, and the four days holidays I'll now have used up?

Thank you.
    Hi  Cilldara_2000,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Thanks Thomas. I've sent you that info there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I've sent you that info there now.
    No problem,

I will respond through PM soon.

Thanks

Thomas 

Advertisement