Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beetroot Hummus

Options
  • 02-02-2018 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So i am looking for some help...

Basically my dad makes great beetroot hummus, but he doesn't do recipes or measuring.

So I'm trying to make it myself, his told me he uses the following
    • Beetroot
    • Cashews
    • Sun-Dried Tomatoes
    • Black Pepper
    • Water or Oil

Quantities weren't clear but it seems to be about 500g of cooked Beetroot and maybe 100g-150g of Cashews, but the rest no idea, nor can he remember what else if anything he adds in. He'll taste it as his making it and know what to add, its not a talent i have.

Has anyone ever seen a Beetroot hummus recipe with a list of ingredients as above, the sun-dried tomatoes are definitely in his one

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

No tahini?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

There is no Chickpeas - this isn't a hummus

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

I think he's pulling your leg. It's his secret recipe and he's not willing to share, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

millie35 wrote:
    I think he's pulling your leg. It's his secret recipe and he's not willing to share, yet.

Someone's pulling our leg alright.. that's not hummus at all. The 'water or oil' ingredient made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well he called it hummus it's technically more of a dip. He said there is certainly no chickpeas in it and definitely no tahini has his partner his allergic to sesame seeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I have no recipe for you, but I buy the beetroot houmous from Tesco, it's delicious :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Space Dog wrote: »
    I have no recipe for you, but I buy the beetroot houmous from Tesco, it's delicious :-)

Never seen that in tesco, can seen beetroot and mint dip in dunnes

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Never seen that in tesco, can seen beetroot and mint dip in dunnes

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=296233346

Oh, and The Happy Pear guys have a recipe for it, I like theirs, too, it's just too expensive to buy often (some SuperValues have it):
    https://thehappypear.ie/recipe/hummus-3-ways/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Not to be smart at all, but that mix of ingredients sounds more like a pesto than hummus so maybe try looking at pesto recipes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement