Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to Submit Gas Meter Reading?

Options
  • 02-02-2018 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder if you'd be able to help me? 

I received an estimated Gas bill this week and submitted a manual meter reading on Wednesday morning, but my bill has yet to update (usually if I do this with an electric reading it updates within 24 hrs). So I am wondering if I entered something incorrectly?

Please would someone be able to take a look at my account for me and see what the issue is?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi silvara,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Gas bills usually take longer to correct than electricity bills as gas meter readings need to be sent to Gas Networks Irelands in order to validate them. This is because gas is measured in cubic metres or cubic feet depending on the type of meter that is installed in your property. This needs to be converted into kilowatt hours before it can be billed. Gas Networks Ireland supply this conversion factor.

We can check your Electric Ireland account if you supply us with the following details via private message:
    • Your name
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Your account number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We will then be able to look into your query.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Hi silvara,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Gas bills usually take longer to correct than electricity bills as gas meter readings need to be sent to Gas Networks Irelands in order to validate them. This is because gas is measured in cubic metres or cubic feet depending on the type of meter that is installed in your property. This needs to be converted into kilowatt hours before it can be billed. Gas Networks Ireland supply this conversion factor.

We can check your Electric Ireland account if you supply us with the following details via private message:
    • Your name
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Your account number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

[*]We will then be able to look into your query.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    [*]
    Thanks, that would be great - message sent

Advertisement