Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ilikecake90

Oh I hope they don't use big words, I just about made it through my masters using 2 and 3 syllable words.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 suremaybe

Any one know the actually number of people being interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

Remember in stage 2 we got a checklist for documentation for stage 3
    Leaving cert
    Passport
    Birth cert
    What about the form B? Is this clearance form ?? The familiarisation material refers to no form B or anyone form other than the clearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

S00100668 wrote: »
    Remember in stage 2 we got a checklist for documentation for stage 3
    Leaving cert
    Passport
    Birth cert
    What about the form B? Is this clearance form ?? The familiarisation material refers to no form B or anyone form other than the clearance

You print it off and fill it in clearly.

It's names, addresses etc

Could anyone let me know if when the interviewers are asking you on your competencies do they actually use the words or ask it in round about way which you have to interpret which one they are looking for?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Could anyone let me know if when the interviewers are asking you on your competencies do they actually use the words or ask it in round about way which you have to interpret which one they are looking for?
    Thanks.

As mentioned before they will explain the type of questions or scenario for example.

Just be mindful anyone going for this to be careful what you put up on here and nothing about exams or interview as such as it could disqualify any person going for it.

As mentioned before they will explain the type of questions or scenario for example.

Just be mindful anyone going for this to be careful what you put up on here and nothing about exams or interview as such as it could disqualify any person going for it.

Are you a member of the prison service?

Are you a member of the prison service?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anybody any idea what number they’ve reached so far with the interviews? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pip108

User2206 wrote: »

They called those who placed 178 and below for interviews taking place this week and last. I heard a few more after that were called due to drop outs but not sure to what number.

• Advertisement

Okay cool, thanks :) so they should have 178 plus a couple more done by this Friday? :)

Okay cool, thanks :) so they should have 178 plus a couple more done by this Friday? :)

I would imagine so, I know of a lad who was placed higher than 178 who got an email regarding interviews, just depends on how many pulled out and also on how many are successful in stage 3, for example if only 50 out of 178 are successful they will move onto the next batch and so on.

Pip108 wrote: »
    I would imagine so, I know of a lad who was placed higher than 178 who got an email regarding interviews, just depends on how many pulled out and also on how many are successful in stage 3, for example if only 50 out of 178 are successful they will move onto the next batch and so on.

Aw okay perfect 🙂 in the mid 300’s so hoping to be called haha

Aw okay perfect �� in the mid 300’s so hoping to be called haha

You definitely will, wouldn't be surprised if they called the next 180 or so people in the next month or two, long process but it will be worth the wait. :)

Pip108 wrote: »
    You definitely will, wouldn't be surprised if they called the next 180 or so people in the next month or two, long process but it will be worth the wait. :)

Thanks a million for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BoomHaHa

Hi all. I've missed this campaign so I'm hoping there'll be another next year. Does anyone know if there are drug tests during the application process or while employed? Plenty of time to stop smoking the weed if that'll be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

I think today was the last day for those in the first batch. But I could be wrong.

Kyle More wrote: »
    I think today was the last day for those in the first batch. But I could be wrong.

So next batch should be called soon enough hopefully!

BoomHaHa wrote: »
    Hi all. I've missed this campaign so I'm hoping there'll be another next year. Does anyone know if there are drug tests during the application process or while employed? Plenty of time to stop smoking the weed if that'll be a problem.

You would be tested if you get through and the dogs will have a like for you every time you show up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Well done to all who completed stage 3 of the recruitment drive. For those who get through the interview we should get together for a few drinks to celebrate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

When are they running the next PCT for those who are lucky enough to get to the next stage?
    I would also like to say well done to all who have now completed their interview and I wish you well.

Could someone explain the order of merit system to me? Does it only apply up to the interview stage? Say someone scores highly in the order of merit after the stage one and two aptitude tests and doesn't do as well as they'd hoped in the interview stage, do they slide down the order of merit or is it game over if you fail on one competency or the group exercise etc? The question I'm asking is the order of merit only used to measure how soon you'll be seen for interview? As I'm slightly confused as to how it actually works.

Well done to all who completed stage 3 of the recruitment drive. For those who get through the interview we should get together for a few drinks to celebrate

Have you been given your results from the interview already?

Could someone explain the order of merit system to me? Does it only apply up to the interview stage? Say someone scores highly in the order of merit after the stage one and two aptitude tests and doesn't do as well as they'd hoped in the interview stage, do they slide down the order of merit or is it game over if you fail on one competency or the group exercise etc? The question I'm asking is the order of merit only used to measure how soon you'll be seen for interview? As I'm slightly confused as to how it actually works.

from what I have heard, if you do not reach a qualifying score on each of the competencies asked in the interview you fail, if you don't reach the qualifying score on the report writing you also fail, not 100% sure with regards to the marking of the group interview.

How does everyone feel they preformed in the interview? Did you walk out happy or feel you were subjected to some tough questioning?haha I personally have no idea if I did well or not. Happy it's done tho now for the long wait.

Wish everyone the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

How does everyone feel they preformed in the interview? Did you walk out happy or feel you were subjected to some tough questioning?haha I personally have no idea if I did well or not. Happy it's done tho now for the long wait.

I think I did terrible.. I waffled way too much about irrelevant things.. and I don’t think my examples were very strong ones.. if I get thru I will have scraped in I’d say..

I think I did terrible.. I waffled way too much about irrelevant things.. and I don’t think my examples were very strong ones.. if I get thru I will have scraped in I’d say..

I think we all Waddell a bit.ha it would be very difficult not to in 45min I feel like I repeated alot too. I'm also not sure on the group interview it they take the relevant points I made into consideration or is it how you deliver them and interact with the other candidates.

I think we all Waddell a bit.ha it would be very difficult not to in 45min I feel like I repeated alot too. I'm also not sure on the group interview it they take the relevant points I made into consideration or is it how you deliver them and interact with the other candidates.

Ye, I think when your thinking about it too much, you zone in on the negatives.. I think with the group, it doesn’t matter if the group took on board what you said, just that you had something to add and how you communicated that with every body...

Absolutely terrible. There's no way I got through. Having had a really bad interview my confidence was shot and it affected my performance in the group exercise (or lack thereof). But what can you do? That's how the cookie crumbles.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Absolutely terrible. There's no way I got through. Having had a really bad interview my confidence was shot and it affected my performance in the group exercise (or lack thereof). But what can you do? That's how the cookie crumbles.

You never know keep your head up. What number were you.? Does anyone knows what number there on now?

Hopefully we will have done better than we think.. it’s even more annoying knowing we’ve to wait a month to find out how we did..

Well if I didn't fail the interview I'm definitely going to fail the physical.haha it's been a while since I worked on my cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Abbey127 wrote: »
    You never know keep your head up. What number were you.? Does anyone knows what number there on now?

I got called for interview yesterday for mid to late July. High 200's. I'd say they're well into the 300's now

Question for those of you who have had their interview, how many candidates are there on the day?
    Are there a lot as was the case for stage two?

Question for those of you who have had their interview, how many candidates are there on the day?

• Advertisement

Paddy 42 wrote: »

I was in the first week and for the group work and report writing there was about 16 I think.. I believe there was a lot of no shows as they were moving interviews forward...

Ahh right,
    Cheers Julygirl105.
    I would say some of the candidates made an application to the Guards recruitment campaign as well and decided not to persue this campaign then ,that might be the reason for the no shows.

Abbey127 wrote: »

I scored highly in the order of merit for the aptitude tests, top 50. But I'm told that means nothing once the interviews roll around. If you fail at any of the competencies, report writing or group exercise, it's game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SHANES1990

hey guys hope everyones interviews went well.
    I done mine last week its hard to tell how you done .
    I am not from Dublin so would have to rent in Dublin if I got the job, do people think I would be able to live comfortably or would it be a struggle with the money we would be getting? just still unsure if I should leave my current job as it pays okay but I get ZERO job satisfaction.

SHANES1990 wrote: »
    I am not from Dublin so would have to rent in Dublin if I got the job, do people think I would be able to live comfortably or would it be a struggle with the money we would be getting? just still unsure if I should leave my current job as it pays okay but I get ZERO job satisfaction.

You would have to share accommodation unless you want to spend 2000 a month on a 1 bed apartment..its crazy in the city, I honestly don't know how people do it.

• Advertisement

SHANES1990 wrote: »

Live in say Mullingar/Meath and commute, it could be easily done.

If you think renting in Dublin is a go as mentioned you will be in a house share and paying a fortune.

You will get rent allowance and a few other increments but these will be much better when you have a number of years service.

If you do your numbers and see it's doable go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Has anyone got their interview tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Did the interview yesterday, was reasonably happy with how it went. Lot of talk about how many people didn't turn up for it, which surely suits us as it means less competition! Rewarded myself with a few cold pints in the sun. Best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bmrhcp

Hey guys. Has anyone done the interview prep course they run in portlaoise? If yes is it worth it?

Bmrhcp wrote: »
    Hey guys. Has anyone done the interview prep course they run in portlaoise? If yes is it worth it?

Sure it could benefit some but I think as most is online one can prepare pretty well by themselves.

I Just want to know, its driving me crazy. Haha

I'm sure we will all get the job but if we don't does anyone have any other similar job ideas there thinking on applying for?

Anyone any idea what OOM they’re on for interviews? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Handyman90

Anyone any idea what OOM they’re on for interviews? :)

Hi, I'm not completely sure but I finished in the 280's and I got called for interview in mid July

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Beefy13

Anybody any idea when interview results will be out? completed interview mid june. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shaan001

If they are going in the quantity of "batches" the OOM would have reached the 300's for this round of interviews. Best of Luckl to all those who have done their interviews, and the ones who are awaiting theirs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement