Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi is there anyone who has passed the interview stage or still have to do it, coming from a security job background?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Check your e-mail folks. I received an e-mail earlier today with info regarding medical and physical. I received NO TEXT from publicjobs.ie, so please don't rely on texts from them to alert you on new information.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

When is the date for the medical and physical?

Up to us to organise our own dates, but I they have to be sent back for 31st August.

So can you organise a date any time you want in August? Or is there no dates available until after all have been sent back by 31st August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    So can you organise a date any time you want in August? Or is there no dates available until after all have been sent back by 31st August?

You must organise a date before 31st August.

Doctor must be on their approved list, audible test also must be done in a booth so doc can't do this.

Ahh right so is this correct.
    You organise your PCT date before 31st August.
    Go to one of the Doctors on their list get an MOT and get an audio test as well then I presume you either take these results with you when you do your PCT or you have them posted to IPS.

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    Ahh right so is this correct.
    You organise your PCT date before 31st August.
    Go to one of the Doctors on their list get an MOT and get an audio test as well then I presume you either take these results with you when you do your PCT or you have them posted to IPS.
    You send them to address supplied.

You must print off documents needed for doctor to fill in.

It must be their selected doctors and audible test clinics.

Best not to consider dates given from other applicants, what I received in me e-mail may differ from others. My point with the original post was don't rely on texts from publicjobs.ie for updates, the IPS handle it from here on and they will contact you via e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 waiting28

Well if medical and hearing only have to be submitted by 31august , pct will not be until after 31st aug probably sometime in September so a long wait ahead for anyone who didn’t get email today

• Advertisement

Cheers guys for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

waiting28 wrote: »
    Well if medical and hearing only have to be submitted by 31august , pct will not be until after 31st aug probably sometime in September so a long wait ahead for anyone who didn’t get email today

Exactly, if medicals need to be returned by 31st of Aug, itl be at least the 1st week of October for physicals... and god knows how long the clearances will take to come back.. In my head I’m saying January to start training anything sooner is a bonus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

any idea what number their on now ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi is there anyone who has passed the interview stage or still have to do it, coming from a security job background?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Well lads, on the start of the medical questionnaire, it says "Department / Public Appointment Service Contact Name"

Any idea what to write for this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

There was a name on email from IPS. That is what i used not sure if correct though.

noker wrote: »
    There was a name on email from IPS. That is what i used not sure if correct though.

I did this too..

noker wrote: »
    I did this too..

Cheers, I was thinking that myself just wasn't too sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭po candidate

I know bmi range is 19 to 30 but will they consider height against bmi. I'm short in height and bmi would be well within 30 but probley considered high for my height.

• Advertisement

I know bmi range is 19 to 30 but will they consider height against bmi. I'm short in height and bmi would be well within 30 but probley considered high for my height.

Simply put, BMI is calculated by comparing your height to your weight, so they need to consider your height. There's loads of BMI calculators online you could try to give you an idea.

Anybody begun their medical yet? Had hearing yesterday! Hearing in normal range but I wont be listening to music through earphones any longer! Cost me €100. Have Dr tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Pip108

Anybody begun their medical yet? Had hearing yesterday! Hearing in normal range but I wont be listening to music through earphones any longer! Cost me €100. Have Dr tomorrow!
    Done all mine monday, audiogram was only 70 and wasnt charged for the doctors report. Any idea how long after this we be waiting for the physical?

Pip108 wrote: »
    Done all mine monday, audiogram was only 70 and wasnt charged for the doctors report. Any idea how long after this we be waiting for the physical?

Your on the ball! How was the doc, did he/she just check what was on the list or was there anything else? Just going by date to have med report back i'd say first or second week in September when we'll be given a date, i'd say only couple of weeks notice will be given too. It was under two weeks between stage 3 results and medical so hopefully it keeps moving quickly!

Your on the ball! How was the doc, did he/she just check what was on the list or was there anything else? Just going by date to have med report back i'd say first or second week in September when we'll be given a date, i'd say only couple of weeks notice will be given too. It was under two weeks between stage 3 results and medical so hopefully it keeps moving quickly!

Ye she basically went through the list we have to print off and bring in, blood pressure eyes tested bmi, reflexes stuff like that. Also a urine sample was taken. Ye hope it moves fairly quickly, there was alot of time giving to get this stuff done would of thought the deadline would be the end of July!

I did my medical last week and have audio next week. I was quoted €80 on the phone so must differ from place to place. The medical was in and out in 2 mins.. eye sight test, blood pressure, height and weight, breathing test and asked a few questions and that was it.. basically she ticked the boxes on the form you’ve to bring with you and that was it..

Anybody know how many they called for medicals?? I’d imagine people who got called for them would get them done ASAP so hopefully we will hear before the 31st...

• Advertisement

Ye she basically went through the list we have to print off and bring in, blood pressure eyes tested bmi, reflexes stuff like that. Also a urine sample was taken. Ye hope it moves fairly quickly, there was alot of time giving to get this stuff done would of thought the deadline would be the end of July!

The doctor I went to didn’t take a urine sample..
    So it obviously differs from doctor to doctor...

Super, thanks for the info. I assume if there was any issues She would have told you about it too so probley safe to assume you passed. They gave us alot of time to get the meds done alright, Im using the time to prep for pct, not leaving anything to chance!

Super, thanks for the info. I assume if there was any issues She would have told you about it too so probley safe to assume you passed. They gave us alot of time to get the meds done alright, Im using the time to prep for pct, not leaving anything to chance!
    Before i left she told me that she didnt see any reason for me to fail so sounds all good. Recovering from ligament damage in my knee at the minute so hopefully be back training in time. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

anyone know what number they are up to for Interview ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bmrhcp

Have my interview Tuesday. How did everyone find it that has done it so far? Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

Hi,I'm just double checking I have all needed for interview next week,but I've just noticed a reference to an interview form.... "The Interview Board will have a copy of your interview form"anyone have an idea what this is?

Stephenwrx wrote: »
    Hi,I'm just double checking I have all needed for interview next week,but I've just noticed a reference to an interview form.... "The Interview Board will have a copy of your interview form"anyone have an idea what this is?

The form you filled out at the start of the process. I brought myself a copy in aswel and used it as a reference point

Perfect,thanks for that so its essentially the application form we submitted online in feb?

Perfect,thanks for that so its essentially the application for we submitted online in feb?
    Ye exactly, i was asked if i wanted to use it i could but there can be no additional information written on it

Not so bad,thanks for putting my mind at ease...best of luck and you never know we may meet in the future.

Not so bad,thanks for putting my mind at ease...best of luck and you never know we may meet in the future.
    Best of luck pal

Anybody who did their interview this week was there many who did not turn up on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Hi

I know these questions have probably already been asked. However there is so many posts I don't have the time to scroll through them all.

Is filling out the clearance form in block capitals acceptable? Has anyone been told to type it up because their block capitals were illegible. I seen a post about typing answers in however that could just be endless formatting. I do think my form will be accepted. Just curious if anyone typed it up also?

As for including family members Mother's, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts and uncles are listed. Do applicants have to list cousins also? And if so just first cousins?

The physical test will be after August 31st?

For those of you who sat your stage 3 interview already. How long did you have to wait to find the result?

Did anyone else bring any other relevant documentation with them? Or just stuck to the checklist?

Original and copies of qualifications are both needed?

Fill in capitals and try and be as clear as possible.

Clearance only as far as aunts and uncles.

No need for cousins.

Does anyone know for definite what sort of timeframe we have between getting medical results back and attending the physical? I've heard it'll be roughly 2 months? I'm not certain though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hope I’m called for interview soon! This wait is so long haha

Reading back on the 2016 thread and it looks like people who passed their pct back in march are still awaiting garda clearance. Could be a long wait as im still waiting to be called for the PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Here is an idea, use prison labour as slave labour to compete with China. The idea that "work will set you free" is tarnished by its association with nazi extermination camps but what people forget is that at nazi concentration camps, work did not set people free. Therefore, when it is not a lie, the concept that work should set people free is still a good one and should therefore be applied to make Irish prisons the most profitable in the world instead of a noose around the taxpayers necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

How’s interviews going for everyone? :)

Hi guys,
    I've a question hope someone can clarify it.
    When does vetting actually start is it not until you have sent back your medical documents and hearing test results?
    and have passed all stages including PCT.
    Reason I'm asking is because people are saying they have completed every stage of the process as far back as last year and are still awaiting a date for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thinblueline

Well the PCT is the final stage and is only after you've been vetted. I've heard of people having completed a PCT and asked to start training on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Santamaria1

Which one is the cheapest hearing test? I’m skint this week.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy1507

Which one is the cheapest hearing test? I’m skint this week.😉

€50 in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shaan001

Guys, can anyone remember the date these interviews are finished?

I wonder if they call your employment for references at this stage or no?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Hi does anyone know what number there at now for interview s?

Advertisement