Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Americanisms and pronunciation

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hate it when they use the word "pro - ject" for any tiny bit of knitting etc. It is a pair of gloves not a great work! Was on the ravelry forum a while...

Yes, they're inclined to 'talk up' everything. When I visited Connecticut a few years ago, my host advised an early night (8pm!!!) one evening, as he had a project the following day. We had the bookshelf hung by 10 the following morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

stuff the bookshelf I would have hung the host by then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Skerries wrote: »
    I know this is the oldies section but I didn't realise some of us used to use quill and parchment ;)

I do not recall my quill ever getting a malware virus nor refusing to write because I forgot it's password. Lovely times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Overuse of the word 'venue' ...please :rolleyes: ...pretentious much?

Something as simple as a picnic at a park is now considered 'planning an event at a venue.'

Advertisement