Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopify + retail EPOS

Options
  • 02-02-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Are there many options are there for a single store retailer to connect to Shopify -
    for inventory management - while still doing payment processing through existing systems?

Anyone here with experience setting this up? I'm looking to find out what's possible before deciding whether to proceed with the project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Just wondering if you went ahead with this and if so what your experience was like.

I have had a similar request from a client recently - get the business online, integrate their POS and stock control as well. I was considering piecing it together wordpress / woocommerce which I would be more familiar with. As I would be doing this as a sideline and wouldn't be able to jump everytime there was an issue I figured there might be too many moving parts. Manual upgrades, plugins not playing nicely etc.

Shopify seems like a solid and close to off the shelf solution. They have the option of renting all the POS hardware too so if it is something the client is willing to pay for it can all be put together from the one vendor. Paid option with good support. All sounds pretty good aside from the fact I'm brand new to Shopify!

Advertisement