Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regatta Oulet Closing down Up to 80% off

• 02-02-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Regatta Outlet is closing down on the 06.02.18 at 7am GMT. After the 6th you will be able to shop for bargains on Regatta.com.

Up to 80% off
    https://www.regattaoutlet.co.uk
    Ships to Ireland directly with a charge but probably cheaper to use addresspal\parcelmotel instead ( if over £50 free to uk shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Well, that's stuff that I absolutely do need purchased. I've always liked Regatta, but some of the prices are mad. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

good prices, got a nice regatta jacket for the price of a lidl one.

PS paid with paypal, cause im a naturally suspicious person!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

between this and the craghoppers thread i'm broke!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Thanks for this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Excellent! Got couple of items there. Thank you OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Am I missing something ? No prices ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I cant see prices either!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Moose1

Just used this - Great value.... 75-80% off !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Moose1 wrote: »
    Just used this - Great value.... 75-80% off !

You can see prices ? I can't ....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Moose1

I use chrome to buy. Maybe its the browser settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looking likely just a fraction cheaper than Amazon pricing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Getting an error occured on server, please try again message when trying to pay... any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What's their fit like does anyone know? I'm looking at a fleece I'd like to get in M but they only have a size S.

ED E wrote: »
    Looking likely just a fraction cheaper than Amazon pricing :pac:

Hmmmm thanks. The one i was going to buy is down from £120 to £47, and its £36 on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Thanks OP, just bought 4 fleeces at around a tenner each, postage not bad either at less that 9 quid

Sappy404 wrote: »
    What's their fit like does anyone know? I'm looking at a fleece I'd like to get in M but they only have a size S.

judging by a fleece got a couple of years ago if anything I think the sizing run a little small, get a size up from what you usually take rather than the other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

The prices on here haven't changed much, if at all in this sale. And the quality has gone way down with Regatta. But if you're looking for clothes for casual wear it'll do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

daheff wrote: »
    between this and the craghoppers thread i'm broke!!:eek:

Same company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Basil3 wrote: »
    Hmmmm thanks. The one i was going to buy is down from £120 to £47, and its £36 on Amazon

my order was £25 more expensive on Amazon then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Could someone recommend a medium to heavy fleece (male) 1/4 zip top? Last fleece I got was very light. If anyone got the O'Neills fleece from the outlet website, one like that. Thanks

• Advertisement

rustynutz wrote: »
    judging by a fleece got a couple of years ago if anything I think the sizing run a little small, get a size up from what you usually take rather than the other way around

I'd second this, got a jacket last week in XL and I'd normally be large but the XL was just the right fit.

In pants their short leg is 30''

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

That's more money I did not need to spend :eek: .Damn bargain alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'd second this, got a jacket last week in XL and I'd normally be large but the XL was just the right fit.

In pants their short leg is 30''

I had the opposite experience. Bought one of their reflective jackets just before Xmas and I'd usually be comfortable in an XL, but that was too big were as the L fit well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

djo789 wrote: »
    Ships to Ireland directly with a charge but probably cheaper to use addresspal\parcelmotel instead ( if over £50 free to uk shipping)

My order is just over 50 but I don't see an option for free delivery..? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

The quality of their footwear is pretty poor going on my experience.

Great BA, OP. Ordered a rake load of stuff, 3 parka jackets, jumpers, polo shirts, gloves, a hat.

Paid £8.50 for international delivery, wouldn't have saved much with parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Icsics

djo789 wrote: »
    Regatta Outlet is closing down on the 06.02.18 at 7am GMT. After the 6th you will be able to shop for bargains on Regatta.com.

Up to 80% off
    https://www.regattaoutlet.co.uk

Thanks very much OP fantastic bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

Anyone else got this email?

Dear Mr asdfgh

Regarding Order: #xxxxxxx

On this occasion we will need to speak with you regarding this recent order prior to shipping so if you could call the customer service team to verify some details so that we can get your order to you as soon as possible we would appreciate it.

Please note if you do not contact us within 2 days of the date of this e-mail we will have no alternative but to unfortunately cancel this order on this occasion.

We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Kind Regards

Regatta Outlet Customer Service Team

Please Call us on:
    Consumer Support Tel: +44 161 866 0484
    Monday - Friday 08:00 - 20:00 GMT
    Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 16:00 GMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Can only assume it is related to the following from the confirmation email:
    In the meantime, you may hear from our customer services team to verify your details as part of our fraud verification process .Once the order has been shipped we will send an email with a link to track your order. Despatch from our warehouse is 5-7 working days for standard delivery. If you have chosen one of our Premium Delivery options you will receive your despatch notification in the appropraite time frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

rocky wrote: »

Can't seem to get through to them either...

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭go4it

rocky wrote: »

Got the email as well.
    Paid with the credit card , to be delivered to work address . (initially wanted to pay with paypal, but wasn't sure if the card attached to the paypal account wasn't over the spend limit already

Payment went through with no problems, so if they think i'm going to call a uk phone number to give personal details over the phone to some fella in a callcentre....better think again

ps: i think they sold more than they had stocked, and now hopping for people to cancel their orders....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got a confirmation email the other day followed by tracking information. I paid via PayPal.

Edit - It's just arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I got the email described above also..... :(

I tried numerous times today to get through via phone but no luck

Anyone have any luck making contact with them? Via telephone or email?

The money has been taken from my Revolut and everything, so I’m not sure what the problem is?!

Really want my order, and don’t want them to cancel it, but they’re not making it easy for me uk contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

The money has been taken from my Revolut and everything, so I’m not sure what the problem is?!

Really want my order, and don’t want them to cancel it, but they’re not making it easy for me uk contact them

Anyone have any luck making contact with them? Via telephone or email?

Got this email. Called them no problem. Verified my details since I was a first time customer. Order was dispatched and arrived today. Very good stuff. Happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I got a cancellation email from them today for my order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭68508224

Got the email. Held for twenty minutes earlier today but no answer. Have tried since and is the same story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

are they contacting u even if u use paypal. or is only credit card holders

I ordered through PayPal and no cancellation yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What’s with the big panic over an email lol
    IF the company want to check your address then crack on
    I paid with Visa card and haven’t heard a peep from them

In they email they state the following
    Please note if you do not contact us within 2 days of the date of this e-mail we will have no alternative but to unfortunately cancel this order on this occasion. We look forward to speaking to you soon.

I want the items I ordered and have tried in vain to make contact several times today with no luck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

While this site was run by the UK arm of the business it might be worth getting in touch with the Irish office which is based in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Website is redirected to the main site now - user accounts have not been transferred, so you can't login and check your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I just got a dispatch notification off them 10 minutes ago. I paid via PayPal, delivery address direct to Dublin - so no Parcel Motel etc.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I just got a dispatch notification off them 10 minutes ago. I paid via PayPal, delivery address direct to Dublin - so no Parcel Motel etc.

Yeah, me too

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

I got a dispatch notification half an hour ago.
    I ordered using parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

So Kenny logins can’t log in
    He he classic

prices are the exact same on the Regatta.com website so closing down sale and countdown clock were a bit irrelevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

So Kenny logins can’t log in
    He he classic

Yep, that was a reason for this user name. :D

You can still buy (at the same prices) but your old account is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

mine are in the post (used paypal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Your post is irrelevant lol
    Regatta sale and clearance is still on it’s just the outlet site has finished
    Bargains to be had either buy them or don’t
    Simples

yeah still a good BA but countdown clock was irrelevant on the outlet website not the BA

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

Thud wrote: »
    prices are the exact same on the Regatta.com website so closing down sale and countdown clock were a bit irrelevant

A complete scam. Although the suckers that fell for it will disagree. A closing down sale for a website when the exact same goods are still available on another of the same companies websites.
    And it seems the prices on the regular website are the exact same as those on the 80% off closing down website.
    How many people bought stuff they didn't really need because they thought they were getting great bargains. I'm not so sure. Regatta quality is poor enough. And as some earlier posters pointed out the 80% off closing down prices for some of the stuff was actually more expensive than the same goods on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭AlanG

A good BA, thanks OP - lots of stuff like t shirts for £2 were definite bargains. Some other had exaggerated discounts but still a few quid cheaper than elsewhere. It was pretty obvious from the stock levels that the goods would be available elsewhere as they seemed to have loads of stock. Also only £8 for delivery to Ireland was pretty good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement