Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regatta Oulet Closing down Up to 80% off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I bought kids summer stuff sunhats, tshirts, swimming gear, light raincoats etc. Prices were cheaper than the regular site but only by a few percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

I bought kids summer stuff sunhats, tshirts, swimming gear, light raincoats etc. Prices were cheaper than the regular site but only by a few percent.
    No. Prices were the exact same as the prices now on the regular site. And would you have bought that much Regatta stuff if it hadn't been flagged here as a 80% off closing down sale with a countdown clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

nostro wrote: »
    A complete scam. Although the suckers that fell for it will disagree. A closing down sale for a website when the exact same goods are still available on another of the same companies websites.
    And it seems the prices on the regular website are the exact same as those on the 80% off closing down website.
    How many people bought stuff they didn't really need because they thought they were getting great bargains. I'm not so sure. Regatta quality is poor enough. And as some earlier posters pointed out the 80% off closing down prices for some of the stuff was actually more expensive than the same goods on Amazon.

uhmm i really needed a coat, especially today, I bought from regata before and their coats are great. Im no sucker mr

No. Prices were the exact same as the prices now on the regular site.

If you read the text of the closing down sale it was just regattaoutlet.co.uk was closing today. The outlet is now part of the 'regular site' so you're looking at the same outlet, same stock, same prices, different url.

uhmm i really needed a coat, especially today, I bought from regata before and their coats are great. Im no sucker mr
    But winter will be over before your winter coat arrives. And pretty sure if you went on Amazon or in to TKMaxx you would find same coat for less.
    My point though is would you have rushed to buy a winter coat from an online English website if you were not drawn in by 80%off closing down and a ticking clock.
    Sharp practice and misleading enough to be considered a scam but obviously very effective given the amount that rushed to buy Regatta clothes last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No. Prices were the exact same as the prices now on the regular site. And would you have bought that much Regatta stuff if it hadn't been flagged here as a 80% off closing down sale with a countdown clock.
    The regular site is also having a sale. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

But winter will be over before your winter coat arrives. And pretty sure if you went on Amazon or in to TKMaxx you would find same coat for less.
    My point though is would you have rushed to buy a winter coat from an online English website if you were not drawn in by 80%off closing down and a ticking clock.
    Sharp practice and misleading enough to be considered a scam but obviously very effective given the amount that rushed to buy Regatta clothes last weekend.

I can't say I'd consider the sale to be misleading. Most retailers discount from the RRP so if you can bare that in mind, there is no scam. I've bought from the Outlet in the past and on this occasion. Fact is, it's cheaper than buying Regatta in a bricks and mortar store.
    Going to the likes of TK Maxx is hit and miss as it's not guaranteed what, if anything, they'll have in stock. Amazon is hit and miss as to what will be delivered to Ireland and what delivery costs will be. Shipping times from the Outlet were also very quick as well. I had my order in a week or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just had entire order cancelled with no explanation and a 10% off code by way of compensation. Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Must be cold up there in your ivory tower, wanna lend of my new jacket?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

registered and ordered last sat morning, paid through paypal and got a mail confirming my order.

opened a ticket with paypal last night wondering where my order was as i heard nothing from them and said i wanted notification when my delivery was coming or i would seek a full refund through pay pal. i couldnt log back into my new account for whatever reason, i found this really wierd. so i created a new account with the SAME email address that they had contacted me on and the same address i used the first time to register.

anyway, they have contacted me today to say i can now track my order by clicking the link. when i do click the link it brings me to hermes couriers and when i enter the order number to track my €100+ goods order its unrecognised. im now in the process of contacting them to see whats going on....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Regetta stuff isn’t great to be honest. Fine for an odd walk, but you wouldn’t be wearing it climbing up Lug or Djouce etc.

The Regetta stuff isn’t great to be honest. Fine for an odd walk, but you wouldn’t be wearing it climbing up Lug or Djouce etc.

Most people aren't and for walking to the shops or down the country lanes it's absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

dennispenn wrote: »
    registered and ordered last sat morning, .......

opened a ticket with paypal last night wondering where my order was...

...... when i do click the link it brings me to hermes couriers....

Sometimes you have to give these online purchases a little time. Ordered Saturday and hitting the panic button on Tuesday is too little a time.

I also find that some online retailers just don't have a good tracking system in place; and when using smaller less well-known (to us) couriers the tracking system fails. So hold tight if its on the way - its on the way and unless you asked for next day delivery - it should get to you. Just wait a little and then maybe hit the panic button on Friday/Saturday!

And do let us know when you get your order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thanks for the heads up, I got a pair of their marine shoes in the summer, so comfortable and lightweight.
    I picked up another pair in a different colour, although after a little research found the colour I wanted cheaper on greatoutdoors.co.uk.

Hermes is carried by nightline in Ireland tracking often doesnt update until the last 12 hours before delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Just got a displatch email from an order placed on Sunday night. Don’t plan on climbing Everest so think I got some good bargains. A combination of six fleeces, jumpers, hoodies and jackets for 100 Euro. Can’t complain.

Thank OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yes they are shipping. Tks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Yep, just got my dispatch notice too

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    I placed an order more or less when the Op put up the notice. I was already registered on their site. I had about 10 missed UK calls this week and answered one today, a woman on the other end who hung up immediately. A few minutes later got my dispatch notification.
    Strange but happy with what I'm getting, a huge savings over my local Regatta store. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just trying to get an idea of when to expect delivery. Dispatch notice 08 Feb. Carried by Hermes. Last update 08 Feb 21:59 - At National Sorting Hub

Anyone able to clue me in from their own shipments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Just trying to get an idea of when to expect delivery. Dispatch notice 08 Feb. Carried by Hermes. Last update 08 Feb 21:59 - At National Sorting Hub

Anyone able to clue me in from their own shipments?
    Ordered and paid Feb 3. Got delivered today. Had emailed regatta and the Hermes co. In-between as had heard nothing since I paid.

All goods fitted well except the two types of shoes. Both a little tight.

Oh..... Nightline are the couriers. Asked the driver today after taking my parcel at my door if I should sign for the package,he said that one of my neighbors had signed for it and pointed to someone I've never seen before walking down the street.......... Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

dennispenn wrote: »
    Ordered and paid Feb 3. Got delivered today. Had emailed regatta and the Hermes co. In-between as had heard nothing since I paid.

All goods fitted well except the two types of shoes. Both a little tight.

Oh..... Nightline are the couriers. Asked the driver today after taking my parcel at my door if I should sign for the package,he said that one of my neighbors had signed for it and pointed to someone I've never seen before walking down the street.......... Unbelievable.

Nightline are a joke.

And I thought shoes were smallest 8 ever.

Clothes eg gilette, jacket, trousers all fit as per size though thankfully.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Isn’t this bargain alerts thread
    not update on my delivery thread
    Nobody cares if your order is in the way or deleiverwd with bits missing etc
    We all care about our own individual orders

Anything other than another bargain is pointless here really
    Consumer thread is that way ->

Like Harvey Norman and Debenhams, Regatta have a near permanent "sale"
    The sale prices on the closing down website weren't any different than the regular "sale" prices on their other website or in stores like McElverys and TK Maxx. Only difference is that there you can try on the runners before buying them.

So you could argue that is a continuing permanent Bargain Alert.

Still maintain that the website "Closing Down" and the ticking countdown clock was a scam that a lot of people on here fell for. If the "outlet" whatever that is closed down why do they now have a tab on their other website with "Outlet" "Warehouse clearance" " MEGA DEALS" " 75% off"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Isn’t this bargain alerts thread
    not update on my delivery thread
    Nobody cares if your order is in the way or deleiverwd with bits missing etc
    We all care about our own individual orders

Anything other than another bargain is pointless here really
    Consumer thread is that way ->

Like Harvey Norman and Debenhams, Regatta have a near permanent "sale"
    The sale prices on the closing down website weren't any different than the regular "sale" prices on their other website or in stores like McElverys and TK Maxx. Only difference is that there you can try on the runners before buying them.

So you could argue that is a continuing permanent Bargain Alert.

Still maintain that the website "Closing Down" and the ticking countdown clock was a scam that a lot of people on here fell for. If the "outlet" whatever that is closed down why do they now have a tab on their other website with "Outlet" "Warehouse clearance" " MEGA DEALS" " 75% off"
    You still don’t get it. Their regular store is still clearing out the stock from their warehouse store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i dont know if can call getting a quality branded all weather jacket and lined gloves for under£40 to be 'falling for it'. for branded goods its a bargain.

mine have arrived and im satisfied. a mate pointed out his asda jacket cost £20 and its probably similar in quality. but thats unbranded.

I think the ticker etc is a mind trick, but does not invalidate the good value to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Can anyone tell me what the jacket sizings are like? Regular sizing or small fitting?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Got 6 Items delviered today , Quality and Design is excellent , all these items for €75 is a bargain any day of the week .. BTW the fleece tops are far superior to the Oneills outlet stuff from last year.

Only wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the jacket sizings are like? Regular sizing or small fitting?
    Thanks

I got the "Penley waterproof insulated parka jacket" in medium, and I would say it was a regular \ typical sizing for a medium. All my other jackets are medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I got the "Penley waterproof insulated parka jacket" in medium, and I would say it was a regular \ typical sizing for a medium. All my other jackets are medium.

Thanks very much!! I have a North Face one that I need to replace and was wondering if the sizing would be similar.

Pretty happy with what I got and what I paid, the jacket was €80 in our local shop at Xmas. Paid 32Stg as part of my order.

RE: The jackets, I take a large and sizing has been spot on. Of the ones I have or have had most came with cinching or velcro for better fitting too.

• Advertisement

Pretty happy with what I got and what I paid, the jacket was €80 in our local shop at Xmas. Paid 32Stg as part of my order.

To be frank I don't believe you. I am not arguing that the clothes are not alright value or that that they do for casual use. Even if I will never understand why someone would want eight middling quality fleeces off the internet rather that getting one decent one in a shop.

I am making the point that the closing down hype with promises of massive reductions and the countdown clock persuaded people to buy loads of lowish quality stuff that they otherwise wouldn't have.
    And now ye are all on here trying to justify yere mad rush to buy Regatta online on that one weekend.

Oh. Look Debenhams have 60% off Regatta sale

http://www.debenhams.ie/sale/regatta

And coincidentally Elverys also have a Regatta sale

http://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/search/?text=regatta

And the Regatta website also unsuprisingly has a Regatta sale

https://www.regatta.com/outlet/

Y
    I got a bargain and I’m happy

Glad that you are happy. Would dispute your assertion though that you got a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭WolfSpinach

Thanks for the heads up, wife and I ordered a bundle, very happy with the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Quite unhappy with the sizing, a bit on the big side with the medium jacket, overtrousers and shorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Glad that you are happy. Would dispute your assertion though that you got a bargain.

You're still talking garbage about this?
    You think people got conned, others don't. Get over it.

You also give two other websites with sales. congratulations you can search the internet, but both Elverys and Debenhams don';t stock the jacket i wanted, therefore i got it off Regatta. Cheaper than similar jackets elsewhere.

I'm happy anyway. regardless of what you think or care about.

nostro- I bought Regatta clothes years ago from the outlet and liked them such that I bought some a good while ago in Shaws. I bought them in a real bricks and mortar store- does that make me an eejit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Mine came - a large being a little big, but I was between a medium and a large when choosing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

received a jacket that I am not happy about as it is a lot different to what was pictured

this is what I was looking at

s-l640.jpg

but what I got is the same as this

Gfi9XfX.jpg

the top pockets are bigger and lower and so the overall length is not at the waist but past the arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd be annoyed by that. The promised image looks much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Just as a response to you directly and an fyi to everyone else....
    The semi permanent state of sales on many sites it's nothing new. RRP never actually reflects a genuine price, and as consequence 75% off RRP does not reflect a 75% saving.
    These concepts are nothing new, unless one is extremely innocent.
    Nonetheless, for every single item I bought, they were significantly cheaper than the same item on any other sites (for me personally >50%). This, is by any definition a bargain.
    If one was so inclined one could rip the **** out of and find fault with any BA. This would inevitably result in a reduction of opportunity for the community....
    So to the op, thanks for the great bargain, much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭AlanG

Got my delivery yesterday - thanks OP. Happy overall with what we got although I would say that what they call a heavy fleece, I would consider very much medium weight. Glad I didn't order any of the light fleece jackets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

Got my order yesterday as well, have to return all but 1 Medium jacket - or lose some weight :eek:

Shoes are great for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Skerries wrote: »
    received a jacket that I am not happy about as it is a lot different to what was pictured

this is what I was looking at

s-l640.jpg

but what I got is the same as this

Gfi9XfX.jpg

the top pockets are bigger and lower and so the overall length is not at the waist but past the arms

The reason for difference in size maybe that the advertised Pic is of a small size and therefore all proportions are less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just grabbed a couple of fleeces on sale from Elverys, €8 more for 2 than online (before shipping). No waiting, correct sizes, no cancelled orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone returning items? I'm hoping I won't run into difficulty with the outlet site now gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Anyone returning items? I'm hoping I won't run into difficulty with the outlet site now gone.

Yeah. Filled out a form and sent an email, but no response to either. Going to send anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Just grabbed a couple of fleeces on sale from Elverys, €8 more for 2 than online (before shipping). No waiting, correct sizes, no cancelled orders.

Yeah, well I found my wife during a slowset, at a nightclub in Limerick 19 years ago......no messing with tinder, or wondering if that was what she really looked like, or if she was using an old photo etc, or if she was going to swipe the wrong way....but I didn't bother posting about 'cause like, what the foook does that have to do with the price of cabbages??? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ordered 28th Jan, nothing yet,no reply to email yet either.ill not order of regatta again. Sale or not.

Sounds like this Elverys deal might warrant its own Bargain Alerts thread... I'm regatta'd out at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

No need to update the thread on your order
    Consumer thread that way ->

Are you a mod?
    Didn't think so,it's relevant to the thread so I'll post it in the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement