Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card expiry

Options
  • 02-02-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Credit card expires in Aug’18 need to book Paris hotel for Oct’18 can’t do this given expiry date. Spoke to credit card rep who advised that new card will only be issued 2mths prior to expiry. Is this correct? I would expect that a card can be generated on an ad hoc basis especially for an account where the balance is cleared every month - Can you kindly advise as if this is not possible as I’ll need to move my credit card to another lender if this is the case

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Spark Plug wrote: »
    Credit card expires in Aug’18 need to book Paris hotel for Oct’18 can’t do this given expiry date. Spoke to credit card rep who advised that new card will only be issued 2mths prior to expiry. Is this correct? I would expect that a card can be generated on an ad hoc basis especially for an account where the balance is cleared every month - Can you kindly advise as if this is not possible as I’ll need to move my credit card to another lender if this is the case

Hi Spark Plug,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

When your card is due to expire we will reissue a new card automatically two weeks before the end of your expiry month.
    However we can manually issue a new card to you if you need it (for example for your hotel booking above) and this can be requested at a maximum three months in advance of your existing card expiring. So in this instance you can request a new card from the 1st of June.
    Another option for you would be to request to change or upgrade your Credit Card account. This will generate a new expiry date and you can request this through our website here.
    Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement