Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 02-02-2018 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

cancellation issuesEir I cancelled my EIR account in 25/8/2017. I only received a cancellation notice from EIR on the 23/11/2017. I was not told to return myt modem so I threw it away. I have now 5 months later been charged for the modem which I no longer posses . When I try call EIR to sort this out I cannot get through by phone. I would like this amount waived due to EIRs poor service . Please could someone assist

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

cancellation issuesEir I cancelled my EIR account in 25/8/2017. I only received a cancellation notice from EIR on the 23/11/2017. I was not told to return myt modem so I threw it away. I have now 5 months later been charged for the modem which I no longer posses . When I try call EIR to sort this out I cannot get through by phone. I would like this amount waived due to EIRs poor service . Please could someone assist
    Hi Frustrated123 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

my Broadband  has been gone since Feb 1st!! ive rang, web chatted and still have not got the problem fixed .  They have passed me from pillar to post while ive been on the phone, then hung up on me numerous of times after waiting for nearly 30 mins on the phone.  Ive asked to speak to managers and the girl katie on the phone as openly refused to connect me with a manager !!!! 

my Broadband  has been gone since Feb 1st!! ive rang, web chatted and still have not got the problem fixed .  They have passed me from pillar to post while ive been on the phone, then hung up on me numerous of times after waiting for nearly 30 mins on the phone.  Ive asked to speak to managers and the girl katie on the phone as openly refused to connect me with a manager !!!! 
    Hi cookiesmuggler ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi,

An eir rep came to my house, offered me a package which included internet, a landline phone and our two mobiles plans in a package.....K and n came to put in modem on eirs behalf...knew nothing about getting a landline phone....while talking to him i established that my broadband be on same line as it had been and not on an uncongested faster line as promised by eir rep(although knew that would be case). I got an email then with an entirely differently more costly plan than agreed..rang the rep..he said not to mind it...tried to get through to eir...their phone options and then their reps based on other side of planet dont know...cant help....wife eventually gets through to another irish rep..he said that nto only could he provide email confirming our price..but we can get it cheaper if dont include landline....thats perfect!...then guess what..no email after contacting them twice!! what kind of crooked behaviour is going on here??? i have two weeks cooling period and im about to pull plug before its over cause ye cant send me emails and proper confirmation of a package acceptable to us!!!

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi,

An eir rep came to my house, offered me a package which included internet, a landline phone and our two mobiles plans in a package.....K and n came to put in modem on eirs behalf...knew nothing about getting a landline phone....while talking to him i established that my broadband be on same line as it had been and not on an uncongested faster line as promised by eir rep(although knew that would be case). I got an email then with an entirely differently more costly plan than agreed..rang the rep..he said not to mind it...tried to get through to eir...their phone options and then their reps based on other side of planet dont know...cant help....wife eventually gets through to another irish rep..he said that nto only could he provide email confirming our price..but we can get it cheaper if dont include landline....thats perfect!...then guess what..no email after contacting them twice!! what kind of crooked behaviour is going on here??? i have two weeks cooling period and im about to pull plug before its over cause ye cant send me emails and proper confirmation of a package acceptable to us!!!
    Hi  LillySV,

If you could PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi,

Hi  LillySV,

If you could PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    PM sent

Hi,

Hi  LillySV,

Thanks

Thomas
    PM sent
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 35 theWebAdvisor

What is the stop code for 1GB 1 Day Mobile Broadband Pass
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

What is the problem..I'm waiting over a week to get my upgrade...the girl in the phone shop said she needed a broadband code from head office.. take a day she said...still waiting been in the shop 3 times this week only to be told come back tomorrow...fed up at this point..

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭loveroflight

I cancelled Eir in July 2018 by phone. After telling them I was cancelling they started asking me questions. During the questions, the line got cut off. 
    Lo and behold, two months later I'm sent a bill. They had ignored the cancellation.
    I went online on a webchat and again told them I was cancelling.
    I got another larger bill.
    This is just ridiculous. The account is cancelled and yet they are ignoring that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I cancelled Eir in July 2018 by phone. After telling them I was cancelling they started asking me questions. During the questions, the line got cut off. 
    Lo and behold, two months later I'm sent a bill. They had ignored the cancellation.
    This is just ridiculous. The account is cancelled and yet they are ignoring that.
    Hi loveroflight, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

When a cancellation is processed on your account you would be sent a link by email to fill in your details to request this. If you have not received this the cancellation would not be processed. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi loveroflight, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

When a cancellation is processed on your account you would be sent a link by email to fill in your details to request this. If you have not received this the cancellation would not be processed. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

I sent you a pm. Hope you can help me close this account. 

Hi loveroflight, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Thanks, I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi loveroflight, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, I still havent resolved this issue. I've written to Eir. I've reminded them of our wish to have the account closed since July. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. Thanks for trying anyway.

Hi loveroflight, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, I still havent resolved this issue. I've written to Eir. I've reminded them of our wish to have the account closed since July. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. Thanks for trying anyway.
    I understand your frustration here, however, we are unable to cancel accounts from here I'm afraid. 

You can alternatively contact our complaints team to arrange this, you can view all details here

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement