Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't the Xpose team showcase more ''street fashion''?

• 02-02-2018 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

Why don't Xpose showcase more ''street'' fashion, in fact I don't think they ever have showcased any ''on the street'' fashion - I would be interested to see more of that where they might get one of their girls to go up and just randomly ask people who are sharply or well dressed where they got their outfits or how they got them together? Or even randomly go up to a girl wearing good make up and ask her about her beauty routine or make up?

Sometimes I get bored with the same old layout with the programme, they need to do something different, I don't understand why they fawn so much over the hyped up celebrities in their 20k + gowns. Don't get me wrong, I do like high end fashion and admit to owning a lot of LuLu Guinness but most of that is bought off ebay or in the LuLu Guinness sale once a year. I have no problem with high fashion its just they give so much time to the celeb stories at the start and this is eating into time they could be spending on beauty tips and fashion etc - leave the 20 k dresses for the zillionaires.

I do like the fact they they have taken on a beauty expert for their beauty segment Marissa Carter.

And I used to love the Xpose magazine but I haven't seen one out in ages?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Xpose magazine is gone a while now.

Personally I find that the general fashion/trend segments with stylists are usually quite high street based and affordable, and very “wearable”.

It would be a bit dull tbh if it was just every day fashion though. Designers, red carpets, celeb chat rounds out the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Most fashion columns in the newspapers seem to be 'very high end'. Not much would be within the range of most people. Maybe they figure that 'richer' people read them ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Most fashion columns in the newspapers seem to be 'very high end'. Not much would be within the range of most people. Maybe they figure that 'richer' people read them ? :)

I actually don't mind that. It doesn't mean I buy high fashion but usually trends transfer to high street and you get the inspiration. Also independent designers can't compete with high street and I think new especially Irish designers should get a look in. If I want to see what is new in Zara I go to their website.

That being said I maybe watched Expose couple of times in my life. I would find a good show on street fashion way more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The sole purpose of Xpose is monetised content. It's basically one long advert for various platforms. It wouldn't be beneficial to them to ask random regulars on the street about their outfits because they wouldn't make any money from that. Their fashion/beauty segments tend to always be paid for advertisements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I suppose magazines can give new , Independent designers coverage as you say 'meeeh'. And I'm not sure if there's a lot of 'fairplay' on the High Street in clothes or food. Independent , new designers probably cannot produce on a scale so will probably be more expensive for that reason ?. I'd like to support 'fair-play' but like most people, I could only afford to go beyond the Zara's of this world for the rarest of occasions. Maybe if I was fairly sure the garment would be durable, but can one ever be sure ?.

Yes Xpose and magazines, even newspaper magazines are almost entirely advertisements , look at the 'Sindo'....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Spirogyra wrote: »
    I suppose magazines can give new , Independent designers coverage as you say 'meeeh'. And I'm not sure if there's a lot of 'fairplay' on the High Street in clothes or food. Independent , new designers probably cannot produce on a scale so will probably be more expensive for that reason ?. I'd like to support 'fair-play' but like most people, I could only afford to go beyond the Zara's of this world for the rarest of occasions. Maybe if I was fairly sure the garment would be durable, but can one ever be sure ?.
    My point was that high street follows high end. It doesn't matter where you shop the trends will usually trickle down, I just like to look at quality of craftsmanship that is high fashion. As for for fair trade I am a little bit dubious about the claims they make. For me the best way to be ethical about fashion is only buy what you really like and get a good wear out of the item. Most of us can't afford expensive clothes but then most of us can't afford a Monet yet we still like looking at high art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Why don't Xpose showcase more ''street'' fashion, in fact I don't think they ever have showcased any ''on the street'' fashion - I would be interested to see more of that where they might get one of their girls to go up and just randomly ask people who are sharply or well dressed where they got their outfits or how they got them together? Or even randomly go up to a girl wearing good make up and ask her about her beauty routine or make up?
    To be honest, although it's a good idea and would be interesting and relevant, it would just be too much time and effort for the Xpose producers to create. They would have to travel to a location, bring recording equipment with them, have enough staff to cover all that's involved, interview so many people in the street, then spend hours whittling through footage, editing etc for a 3 minute segment?
    Why go through all that hassle when they can just show a pre-recorded clip, all the work done by someone else, of London Fashion week or the latest release by YSL or whatever.

I actually still miss Off The Rails. I used to really enjoy that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Why doesn't TV3 just cancel this trashy celebrity gossip show altogether??

Advertisement