Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 2 bloods... then day 21 bloods

Options
  • 02-02-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey
    So I'm 36. Ttc for over a year. Bought the advanced fertility monitor and then realised from that no ovulation.

Went to doctor on day 2 of my cycle on Friday and got my day 2 bloods taken. Have to go back on day 21 for more bloods.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest.. the doctor went straight to the point of asking me what fertility place do I want to attend! I guess I was hoping it wouldn't come to that and perhaps the advanced fertility monitor wasn't working!

Am I right in saying... that if even if say for example the day 21 bloods show that I have ovulated that my next step is the fertility hospital???

Just hard to take in but know time is ticking on

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It could take several weeks for your appointment to come through from the clinic so by the time you get your results you'll have the up to date bloods for the clinic that they need to start your tests and you'll have had less waiting time.

And if the bloods are fine it's still only part of the initial investigations - a fertility clinic can do semen analysis, can give you an in-depth ultrasound and schedule you for any other tests you need (HSG x-ray, AMH test etc)

Just because you were referred, don't start panicking about IVF - there are other less invasive treatments that might work for you long before you are shelling out for IVF such as ovulation induction or IUI. But it is overwhelming at first to get your head around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The standard protocol if you are over 35 is to refer to a fertility clinic if you’ve been trying for 6 months and not got pregnant. Best to get everything checked out rather than waiting another 6 months or a year and then having to do it.

Just take it step by step rather than thinking about the worst case scenario. As Neyite says there are a few options before you get to IVF. I got pregnant after ovulation induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Your day 21 bloods might show you ovulated so your doctor might suggest doing them again next month to be sure. As far as I remember, I had two different sets of bloods done as one showed me ovulating and one didn't.

I agree with everyone else. It's scary to even hear a doctor talk about fertility treatments and tests. But there's a long long way between these tests and something as huge as IVF.

Advertisement