Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pram repair

Options
  • 03-02-2018 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an old SilverCross pram (from the 80s) which is in very good condition but has a small (2inch) tear to the leather (i think) lining. I have tried and failed to source someone to repair it (or reline if necessary). I've even tried a furniture upholstery but he was unwilling to even look at it.

I'm willing to courier/travel anywhere in the country to get this repaired as it holds sentimental value and I am now expecting my first child so would love to be able to use it. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get this done? I'm not sure if recommendations are allowed in this forum? Maybe PM me just in case? I hope requesting this type of help is ok?

I would hugely appreciate any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I can’t seem to pm you- it’s my account, not yours. This has happened me before. Mods can delete this if not appropriate. Are you on Facebook? I’ve come across a crowd there, based in Wexford I think- the pram Doctor. They might be able to help you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

jlm29 wrote: »
    I can’t seem to pm you- it’s my account, not yours. This has happened me before. Mods can delete this if not appropriate. Are you on Facebook? I’ve come across a crowd there, based in Wexford I think- the pram Doctor. They might be able to help you out!

Thanks a million for your response. I've tried contacting them but I've had no response despite repeated attempts over the last three weeks. I'm starting to think this won't be possible at all.... it is such a pity as the pram is perfect except for the lining!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Tony Kealy still sell the old fashioned silver cross prams. They might know about repairs.

Thanks lazygal will try tony kealy

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

If you can't get someone to repair/replace the existing lining, you might be able get someone who is handy with a sewing machine to with make a new (cloth) lining for you. You could make a few different ones and be able to swap and change them when needed to be cleaned.

A dress alterations place might help.

• Advertisement

No luck so far... have approached dressmakers about making cloth lining but would still like to get the existing lining repaired... anyone have any other suggestions?

And thanks so much to everyone who has responded so far, I appreciate the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Furniture maker/repairs shop?

Advertisement