Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

stuck in the queue here since 9. this gonna be an instant sellout

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Same. Trying to get tickets for my niece and still in queue.

Update : Just got a Friday and Sat ticket on the app.

was on both app and PC... and just got a sold out message!

Stay with it. A few might bounce back.

• Advertisement

The only act I want to see myself is Joey Bada$$ but unsure of that date he'll play so left off tickets for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Ahhh... the ticketmaster lottery. Hate it! Trying for a Fri + Sat ticket since 9. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

https://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/3-day-longitude-weekend-ticket/18033270

:mad::mad::mad:

Something needs to change when it comes to event tickets in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Same !! Coming up as sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Fri and Fri/Sat 2 day tickets sold out confirmed about 20 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/longitudefest/status/964431828080672768?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Wager that Saturday day tickets will be gone within the hour.

What a **** lineup /s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think it's a great line up and very cutting edge acts. No Rejjee Snow tho, unless I missed something?

I'd expect him to get announced at some stage. Hopefully anyway.

His website only has tour dates up til end of Apr - http://rejjiesnow.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Managed to get Friday tickets around 9:02 earlier on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very telling that the Sunday has, objectively, the bands with the critical love and talent to back it up, and is yet to sell out.

Friday and Saturday will be an absolute leaving cert piss up.

I feel bad, but I get a sick sense of schadenfreude at the comment that always comes up when events sell out: "Ive been online since 8am/8:30am refreshing the page and I didn't get tickets!?!"

Not how it works bud. Nice job wasting your own time!

a very non scientific search of Twitter tells me post malone is the biggest ticker shifter by far

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Managed to get tickets for Friday on the app all done and dusted by 9:01. I was amazed at how straightforward it was, but obviously I was lucky. Good thing too because I’ve had it open on my iPad with the little countdown timer working away since around 7 last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

MattD wrote: »
    I feel bad, but I get a sick sense of schadenfreude at the comment that always comes up when events sell out: "Ive been online since 8am/8:30am refreshing the page and I didn't get tickets!?!"

Just sitting there with the spinning wheel at 9am doesn't work. I've often got tickets by refreshing at 9 instead of waiting.

The mess the people queuing at Stephen's Green left behind them. All food and drink packaging just left where they were sitting. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

NIMAN wrote: »
    Heard an advert for this on radio the other day, and it finally struck me how old I was!!

I think I knew one act.

I only know of Solange because of her 'row' with Jay-Z. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

How does it work then?

• Advertisement

How does it work then?

The tickets go on sale at 9am... If you're sitting at your computer anytime before 8:55 you do not get any sort of an advantage.

Wheety wrote: »
    Just sitting there with the spinning wheel at 9am doesn't work. I've often got tickets by refreshing at 9 instead of waiting.

:

It's really hit and miss. I had two browsers on the PC that automatically put me in the online queue once the time down had reached zero. I refreshed the app myself at 9am and they all entered a virtual queue. I got to select tickets quicker on the PC but had no luck in obtaining any, however I got a ticket on the app as the PC's was still searching for me. It's pot luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

The tickets go on sale at 9am... If you're sitting at your computer anytime before 8:55 you do not get any sort of an advantage.

Oh, okay, I get you. I thought there was some trick I was missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Wheety wrote: »
    I only know of Solange because of her 'row' with Jay-Z. :rolleyes:
    her album was pretty critically acclaimed (along with a few others on the lineup like Anderson .Paak, Tyler the Creator and Sampha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Fook it.....My eldest missed it last year due to illness and I promised him tickets for Friday and sat this year. Ended up buying a 3 day one as that was all that I could get..this was at 9.10am :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I was asked to get tickets for Friday night for the nippers so logged on at 9am and like a lot on here, got the sold out sign very quickly.
    OOC went onto a "secondary tout" site and noticed people were paying a massive price for Friday only tickets at €200. The strange thing was there were 3 day tickets still available at 11am on T/M at that stage?

You would have to wonder why the limit was 8 tickets per booking?
    Even if people were going with 7 others, nothing stopping the other people trying for tickets as well so could end up with some of the others also getting tickets that wouldn't be needed.

cardi b not playing anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

J Cole just after releasing his new album KOD. Fantastic album imo - definitely expect him to play a good few of his new tracks this summer.

For those who are perhaps unaware of how big J Cole really is, he announced his new album 3 days before it was released on 20th April and is breaking records and is predicted to have the biggest sales week of 2018 so far.
    In its first 24 hours of availability, KOD accumulated an unprecedented 64.5 million streams on Apple Music , eclipsing the former record-holder, Drake’s Views, by nearly a million streams, Billboard reports. Cole’s new album also logged a record 36.7 million Spotify streams in its first day.

J Cole is said to be dissing Lil Pump in his last song on the album '1985' and there's been a bit of beef between the 2 rappers who just so happen to both be playing at Longitude this summer. Doubt now Lil Pump will be playing on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

anyone received their tickets by mail?
    Mine hasn't arrived yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

What is the break down of days the "Accross the weekend" acts are on?

Advertisement