Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2018

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

no reports back yet?! kinda tells ya the demographic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

no reports back yet?! kinda tells ya the demographic!

For sure. Today will likely be a bit more of a mature crowd it usually is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

CWF wrote: »
    For sure. Today will likely be a bit more of a mature crowd it usually is anyway
    That was in previous years when the lineup was more indie/bands on the Sunday. Not the case this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

That was in previous years when the lineup was more indie/bands on the Sunday. Not the case this year

I figure the kids will be too bollocksed for the third day, plus the weather is ****e, plus the world Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 9 katiemmm

Went a few years ago. Great festival

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

CWF wrote: »
    I figure the kids will be too bollocksed for the third day, plus the weather is ****e, plus the world Cup

You'd think. We live on the road up to Marlay and just had a bottle thrown though a side window of the house. Talking to the Gardai, they're flat out but said they'd be around later. Hordes of pissed teenagers walking around the place and plenty of sirens. Not so great for the locals. Seems like a rowdier bunch than in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

3 day Swedish House Mafia gig basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

J. Cole was great on Friday, definitely the highlight for me. Enjoyed Migos and Travis Scott sets on the main stage too. Krystal Klear and Rejjie Snow were very good as well. Great weekend.
    BadTurtle wrote: »

What are you on about? I was there on Friday and Saturday and didn't see or hear of any trouble whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Post Malone and Khalid were definitely the highlight for me on Friday. J.Cole finished his set 10 minutes early so didn't take catch the end of his set after Khalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

smacl wrote: »
    You'd think. We live on the road up to Marlay and just had a bottle thrown though a side window of the house. Talking to the Gardai, they're flat out but said they'd be around later. Hordes of pissed teenagers walking around the place and plenty of sirens. Not so great for the locals. Seems like a rowdier bunch than in the last couple of years.
    gardai would always say they're flat out but from working for all 4 days as well as plenty concerts/festivals before this weekend was fairly tame in comparison. Certainly not a rowdier bunch than any other year
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    nonsense. Nothing like that gig at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I worked at one of the bars there the last 3 days. A few arrests and a good amount of people in a mangled heap on Friday and Saturday. A few people being taken for walkies by first aiders early on each day but overall just very very young.
    Lots of fake ids and proxy buying but not an aggro crowd by any manner of means. Probably more like a leaving cert party with a lot of kids going overboard at their first festival

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would have loved to have seen J Cole but not a hope was I going braving the hoards of fcuked 17 year olds to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    J. Cole was great on Friday, definitely the highlight for me. Enjoyed Migos and Travis Scott sets on the main stage too. Krystal Klear and Rejjie Snow were very good as well. Great weekend.

What are you on about? I was there on Friday and Saturday and didn't see or hear of any trouble whatsoever.
    Couldn’t agree more, was there just yesterday and was really impressed. Nice crowd and didn’t see any trouble whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Did anyone go see Joey Badsa$$? Any reviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The total absence of people here who actually went probably gives you a good idea of the age profile of boards.ie posters...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mid twenties and up I always thought. At least in this forum anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I passed by on Friday afternoon dropping off and the average age going in looked about 17.
    Loads of cops and residents standing outside houses along the way to entrance.
    Forward 8 hours and I guess it would have been a totally different crowd
    coming out.
    Reports back were "there were small number of fights inside but nothing major" also people said, there seemed to be people around trying to rob phones off drunk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Forward 8 hours and I guess it would have been a totally different crowd
    coming out.
    Yeah, by and large sober and good natured on the way out, given that they cant afford the over-priced booze inside the grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yeah, by and large sober and good natured on the way out, given that they cant afford the over-priced booze inside the grounds.

Doesn't everybody go for "pre's" to get drunk before they go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I'm sure they did pre drink but it's a long day and with a lot of the younger demographic having limited cash for expensive drinks I'm sure a lot would be sober again (albeit with a banging headache) come 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I'm sure they did pre drink but it's a long day and with a lot of the younger demographic having limited cash for expensive drinks I'm sure a lot would be sober again (albeit with a banging headache) come 10pm.

A lot were also getting concert buses home to different parts of the country so started early and stopped drinking a little while before the end too

Advertisement