Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching mortgage legal fees and other fees

Options
  • 03-02-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Thinking to switch my mortgage provider.

A part the solicitor fees and house valuation, what other fees will I have to pay?

Are registration, search, etc due again?

How much without I expect to pay all in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cargen wrote: »
    A part the solicitor fees and house valuation, what other fees will I have to pay?
    What policy does the bank have towards their own legal fees. They may be charging you for these. Others may roll it into the mortgage.
    Are registration, search, etc due again?
    Registration of the mortgage only (and removal of the old one), not registration of the property.
    How much without I expect to pay all in?
    That would likely depend on value of mortgage, value of property and attitude taken by the bank and your solicitor. Phone a few solicitors and ask for quotations (including what their outlay would be).

Advertisement