Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Bank Statements for Mortgage Approval?

Options
  • 03-02-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I heard that you need to provide the potential mortgage lender with original bank statements for all of your bank accounts. Is this true as AIB is charging €3 per page...... ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi Folks,

I heard that you need to provide the potential mortgage lender with original bank statements for all of your bank accounts. Is this true as AIB is charging €3 per page...... ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MSVforever wrote: »
    I heard that you need to provide the potential mortgage lender with original bank statements for all of your bank accounts.
    I imagine this is true. I imagine most ask for 1-2 years worth of statements. Do you not have these?
    Is this true as AIB is charging €3 per page...... ?
    Such pricing is not uncommon.

Remember that they are giving you a few hundred thousand euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Printed mine off at work IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I just printed everything off myself. I only get annual statements online so had to pay to get up to date statements added to my accounts but it was only €9 for 9 months of statements for all my accounts. I'm with boi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

6 months statements usually required but 12 months not unheard of also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With online banking BOI, all the monthly statements are there. Just print them off. Are AIB still sending off to HQ for them? Was always a PITA when a few might be missing for annual accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Hi Folks,

Cheers.

The new eu directive will do away with that price gouging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Hi Folks,

Cheers.

I applied to AIB online as a BOI customer. They accepted scans of my statements and screenshots for the period from last statement to date of application.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks guys.
    Unfortunately I chose to go paperless a good while ago.

Went into AIB Grafton Street yesterday and the lad confirmed that it's €3 per page if you order them.
    However they have a machine that can print out up to 6 month of statements.
    You just need your AIB debit card.
    I'm delighted :)

Thanks guys.
    Unfortunately I chose to go paperless a good while ago.

Went into AIB Grafton Street yesterday and the lad confirmed that it's €3 per page if you order them.
    However they have a machine that can print out up to 6 month of statements.
    You just need your AIB debit card.
    I'm delighted :)

Just print them from your online banking. When I did an application a while back nothing was an original all were print outs or photocopies and no issue at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement