Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eustace Court, Glenageary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Anyone looking at this development?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-scheme-makes-apartment-living-a-long-term-choice-1.3233308

2 beds start at 440k which is a lot but the location is excellent and the building standard seems to be quite good. A2/A3 BER rating and they say they have made the ceilings higher than the regulations and insulated the apartments against sound leakage.

In the Cualanor development which is lovely. Seems similar to Honey Park across the road.

I really like the Cualanor development, I regularly use the playground with my kids there and it has a nice feel to the area, I prefer it to honeyPark, it has lots of green areas and open space. Expensive for apartments but property is mad at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bubble anyone.....

The dam decent ordinary worker is screwed as for dam usual....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

No argument from me that the property market is dysfunctional. However, if any apartments are going to hold anything like their value, it seems to me that it might be these due to their location and build quality.

Plus, although buying one would take me to the limit and may not even be possible, it seems more sensible to spend what I have on somewhere that I would like to live in and could stay long term.

I remember reading lots of stories about people who bought boom time property as investments and in areas they didn't want to live long term only to be burned and stuck there.

If I could afford one of these apartments, at least I would be happy to live there long-term. I grew up not too far away so I know the area and friends and family are nearby.

On the other side, almost half a million quid on an apartment seems bat **** mental.

Advertisement